Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
More then 100%
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2013 at 8:43 AM
Raymond
No, not in the Event.

My Trinkets, and high level Pet, and 3 Runes add up to improving everything by more then 100%.
And on top of that I also have quite a bit of reducing Nothings.
But I still get Nothings when whacking or Mana whacking or phone friend whacking.
Shouldn't I not get any Nothings? love that multiple negativity...
I understand getting many when Power whacking since no odds modification takes place during that, but regular whacking should have not a single nothing.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2013 at 9:17 AM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Hi Raymond,

I loaded up your account and took a look at your trinkets and I think there's some confusion on your part as to how the odds modification works.

Odds effect the *base chance* to win a type, not your overall odds, so for example if you have a 10% chance to win mana without any trinkets, and you get +50% odds to win mana through trinkets, your odds to win mana are not 60%, instead they are 10 + (50% of 10) = 15%.

The way nothings odds work is that once we've added up all your other odds, we subtract your total chance to win non-nothings from 100% and that remaining chance is filled with nothings. Less nothings trinkets reduce this remaining chance, so there are only two ways to get no nothings at all:

1) Get enough +odds in all the non-nothings so that their total odds add up to > 100%. Since gold is the most common non-nothing, Increased gold odds trinkets get you to this point the fastest.
2) Get -100% nothings via less nothings trinkets/pet/runes.

Hope that clarifies trinket odds for you.

- Justin
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th 2013 at 12:44 PM
Raymond
ah, that answers it.
But now will you give us the confidential top secret information on the 'base chance' for everything?
Good to know that Gold is the most common non-nothing.