Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Winning diamonds
Lvl 437 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 4:46 AM
Adi Star
What is the catch for winning diamonds? I see some people have won a couple but the top player hasn't won any. I never won any on BW1 and still haven't won one on here. Is there some sort of trinket set up that makes them more available, like putting on all of the gem trinkets and a gem pet?
167 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 5:22 AM
Denise C Steil
It's random and very rare. I haven't won a diamond yet either.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 6:29 AM
Raymond
Like the lottery, the people who spend hundreds of dollars a week never win, the people who bought their very first ticket ever do, sometimes.

Gem trinkets 'might' help, but I bet early Diamond winners had no trinkets of any kind in use at all.

But just what does a Gem trinket do? Give you better gems or give you more gems? Neither I think. I have a Gem Pet at level 40 and used 8 Gem trinkets and got LESS Gems (total accounting for Gem type) then I get when I use no Gem enhancement at all on average for a week. I.E. In a week i normally get about a Moonstone worth of Gems, the week I had all that I don't think I even got a Jades worth.

As for bw1, I have whacked over a million bushes and never got a Diamond.
Lvl 370 "Revolutionary"
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 1:05 PM
TommyRipz
I agree, I thought it may have something to do with the progress of the player, i.e if you are further ahead your likelihood increases. That would explain why early starters tend to be the ones who have found a diamond. But now with the ever expanding world it seems that it may not be the case. Over a million bushes and no diamond? Looks like we all got ALOT more whacking to do before we get one yet ;)
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 2:47 PM
Adi Star
I wonder if buying a diamond counts as finding a diamond and that is why they have "found" one? Would be good to hear from someone who has found one or a few to answer, as I know they are random finds.

@ Raymond, yeah I did the same thing with puzzle pet and trinkets and found I won less. I guess bonus' don't stack *insert shrug face here*
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 3:39 PM
Dave Stone
You need to find a diamond for it to count. I managed to find a diamond in BW and BW2.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 5:50 PM
Last Edited July 27th 2013 at 6:00 PM
jpl77
I only found 1 diamond in BW2. It was random. Only the Devs know the formula / odds for finding a diamond.

I know of one player who found a diamond and they were really low level and only played for about a month.

The currently ranked no. 1 player has never found a diamond.

The no. 4 ranked player has found 3 diamonds.

Both of those players have been playing for over 450 days, however #1 has almost 4 times as many bushes whacked.

As Raymond said, no ones know how the gem trinkets affect the gems that get dropped. In BW1 the gem spell give you better odds to find them and it gives you a chance to have your gems upgraded.

I do know if you manage to win a high level gem (Moonstone, Emerald or Diamond) it will definitely add a large amount of points to your ranking.

I don't remember where it is, here or in the wiki, but I seem to remember a user coming up with an approximate value of points that a gem is worth.....

I would certainly love to hear from the devs and get a 'number' value of ranking points that each gem is worth, it would be 'valuable' information to add to the wiki.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 6:07 PM
jpl77
I am also unaware as to the ranking points added if you purchase gems with Bush Bucks or if you get ranking points for purchasing the Moonstone with Island Tokens.
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th 2013 at 12:27 PM
Adi Star
That is some interesting information Jason. Thanks :o)
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 9:38 AM
Ken Layden
I personally have only ever found an emerald myself. Diamonds are very rare.
Lvl 397 "Needs More Energy!"
133 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 10:38 AM
'Janusz Brzywczy
Great Answer Jason as you know I still haven't found a Diamond. I think it is just Blind luck I have a few friend that have found a couple of Diamonds. I also agree it would be awesome for the Wiki to know the Point score for the Gems. But I don't think we will ever know that unless we find out ourselves which would be very tedious and time consuming. But Could be done I believe.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 10:57 AM
Raymond
point score in bw1 was simple math, 1 for agate, 4, 16, 64... to ruby then 3x from then higher.
probabilities is what I'd like to know. its not based on bushes whacked, its not based on trinkets, its totally random and therefore has an actual programmed probability.
Lvl 397 "Needs More Energy!"
133 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 11:10 AM
'Janusz Brzywczy
I just looked at Profiles of top 4 Players
Janusz 466 days played
Aqua 458 days played
Wendy 468 days played
Lloyd 472 days played

That means that between Janusz, Wendy and Lloyd we have 1406 Days Played without Winning a Diamond and Aqua has found 2.
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 1st 2013 at 12:43 PM
Adi Star
Yeah something is fishy about that. Sorry that was a very very bad pun. I have played 452 so I really don't think that playing days means too much. Pity my math is terrible. Maybe it has to do with the amount of players square rooted by something? I keep thinking back to my gamemaker course at uni and you can put in some pretty rare and random if statements.

I should really stop thinking about it but I really want the achievement!
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 1st 2013 at 4:41 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
LOL I can only say that earlier on in the game I used ever gem trinket I could, instead of even mana or fruit - I was gem MAD, and maybe that helped?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 1st 2013 at 7:05 PM
Last Edited August 1st 2013 at 7:06 PM
Raymond
i wonder if there is a bug in the programming preventing diamond acquisition while at max level or from areas with the highest cost bushes while complete to 100%. when was the last time a 'high level' person won a diamond?
this question also is for bw1.
Lvl 420 "Needs More Energy!"
103 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 2nd 2013 at 6:39 AM
Jennifer Mitchell
I've got 439 unique days played and just won my first diamond about 10 mins ago.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 2nd 2013 at 8:57 AM
Ken Layden
That's awesome Jennifer. Congratulations.
Lvl 420 "Needs More Energy!"
103 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 4th 2013 at 4:44 AM
Jennifer Mitchell
Thanks Ken the only thing is I'm gutted I didn't get the pleasure of seeing the win only saw the new title come up due so much going on... collecting lumber/bricks things for the fair and raising a pet etc so I'll need to keep a better look out for my next one. lol .