Codename Entertainment
FLUX 7.0 bug
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 7:36 AM
Last Edited July 17th 2013 at 7:38 AM
Raymond
or feature?

When I just got there the bushes were 15 and 16. I was surprised because where I had just been had been 17.
But they were truly 15 & 16, I know this because I was in the middle of a predators for pets quest and was whacking a specific amount of energy (and subsequently certain number of bushes at a certain value) to get the next predator to spawn. And sure enough he spawned exactly like I predicted 1 bush shy right on the last bush in that first set in the flux.

But then on EVERY bush and beast in this flux has been 17.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 8:41 AM
Ken Layden
Thank you for letting us know Raymond.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 12:12 PM
Jean Davis
I was trying to follow someone's advice from previous Flux post, and left a chest there to open, but it wasn't there when I arrived...:(
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 12:19 PM
Raymond
I have read that in the wiki and had never believed it because there was a thread right here in the forums where someone did that experiment and proved that the chest does not carry over. I'll try to find that thread. And what would the hurry be anyway? I complete one flux puzzle every day and a half. So saving a day and a half is somehow important to some?

And there was talk in the chat last time that perhaps even puzzle pieces would no longer carry over or might not at some future time. So some Developer must have prompted such talk. I'm pretty sure that no such mention has ever been made here in the forums.
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 12:55 PM
Jean Davis
Thanx Raymond...:)
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 1:52 PM
jpl77
Justin posted in chat and confirmed it, then I updated the wiki afterwards to reflect that you can collect all 121 pieces but leave the puzzle uncompleted and then it will carry over.

Ray, your bushes were the previous level because you hadn't finished your last flux 6.0 puzzle/chest. You you did, it reverted to the latest version and lvl 17 bushes.

Same thing happened to me.
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 2:09 PM
Jean Davis
Thanx Jason...I will keep that in mind...:) Mine are at 17....*whew*
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 2:35 PM
Last Edited July 17th 2013 at 2:35 PM
Raymond
the wiki flux pro tip had stated 2 things.
1. complete a puzzle and do not collect the chest.
2. collect all or almost all pieces and do not complete the puzzle.
it had stated that doing so would allow one to get 2 flux trinkets almost instantly.

I had not read the wiki page on that in ages, and had not even wanted to do #1 of that, but I'm sure many other people had read that prior, apparently incorrect, entry and when they had the chance to do so had not reread the wiki to see that they were going to waste a days worth of energy and not notice3 till months later that they will not get one of those 2 chests. I'm not sure if Jean was in that boat going by a remembered strategy.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 17th 2013 at 5:26 PM
jpl77
you have to remember two things

the first is that the devs are free to change the game content/play/formulas at their discretion. the only way us players find out about how the game works and subsequent changes is threw tracking history and trial and error.

secondly, the wiki is community based and all information gathered is entered and only "verified" by other users. anyone can add stuff, so it has to be 'taken with a grain' of salt until it is proven by the individual user, but the wiki strives to be accurate. also, the wiki entries are usually not random, the information is gathered from chat, the forums or directly from the devs. as well, nearly all the content is provided by high level players who are at, or near the end of all playable content. if a mistake is made, the follow on players double check and re-edit the info.

so if 80% of the players who have finished the flux and have developed the chest/trinket carry over tactic/cheat/hack/pro-tip (call it what you what) have said it works, then it gets added to the wiki until the community and or editors are made aware that it no longer works.

finally, this specific 'pro-tip' was supported by many members outside of the wiki and also in these forums..... AND there was a deceleration posted that if you try or attempt the trick at your own discretion knowing full well it might not work.

so I am not sorry that someone "wasted" energy over this, when in actuality nothing was wasted expect for 5,000 gold at max. the flux always has the highest bushes, therefore the best rewards so no matter what, you are getting a better return on your money then whacking bushes elsewhere in the world.

btw, you can submitted a support ticket to the devs and they will 'refund' that gold if you explain your situation.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2013 at 8:44 AM
Ken Layden
Thank you Jason. We certainly appreciate the hard work that goes into the Wiki.