Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Non randomness
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2013 at 2:25 PM
Raymond
Bear with me.
Oh and this has nothing to do with Pets.

While doing the Flux the second and subsequent times last week I noticed that the last few pieces always seem to be certain ones. I wasn't sure about it, most of those few are nothing special. But then I specifically slowed down my playing the next several times when coming to the end of the flux puzzle. And in every instance the last piece is always the center piece of the treasure box in that picture. every time.
Something is definitely not random. I'm not sure that the particular piece is the same for everyone, perhaps it's all truly random the first time you go through the flux, but thereafter every piece that falls falls in that order that it did on that first run.
Not complaining, just think its very interesting and think others should see for themselves.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2013 at 5:30 PM
Ruth Orozco
Nice catch, Raymond...I'll pay closer attention next time I'm there!
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2013 at 1:00 AM
Dave Stone
The first piece of the flux puzzzle i get is alway's the second one from the top, On the left hand side. The last piece is at the bottom, About 4 from the right.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 27th 2013 at 7:14 AM
Raymond
The whole reason I noticed it was that a prominent recognizable piece was always among the last 5 pieces for me this time in flux 6.0.

But even in 5.0 or possibly 4.0 I remember that there always was a row of 6 or 7 that was always not done when over 75% complete. I didn't post 2+ months ago because that was less noticeable. And people would just think I was crazy. But I'm heartened to know that others have recognizable patterns in what should be a random acquisition of puzzle pieces.
I kind of think that this non-randomness is good, it helps to easily put these 121 piece together into this huge puzzles almost without looking, really, I kind of sleepwalk through placing these. Even more so then I remember of the last flux.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 20th 2013 at 5:08 PM
Raymond
ah, this was only back 3 pages and still replyble.

verified over a dozen times, the first 2 and the last 3 are always the same for me, and perhaps actually all but I can't remember all that.

#1 is about 5 down and 3 or so from the right, the second is 2 or 3 directly below that.
3'rd from end is the middle of the treasure box (not as I thought above when I first mentioned this). next to last is about 4 down and 5 or so from the left. and the last piece is about 2 to the left of that.

I'm curious if others have exactly the same pattern, or if their order is unique to them, i.e. each of us has one seed that once done the first time never changes.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 18th 2013 at 5:55 AM
Raymond
and guess what, each flux is not its own randomness. My first few pieces and last 4 here in flux 7.0 are exactly the same ones as they were in the last flux. So perhaps they all were determined the very first time I did a 11x11 flux puzzle.
Lvl 268 "Loves The Developers"
61 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th 2013 at 5:21 PM
heppigirl
my last piece is the middle of the treasure box (from memory).