Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Cats
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2013 at 12:27 PM
Raymond
Not sure if this is the case for everyone but the last dozen eggs I have rejected have been for cats. A similar thing happened when I was working on getting one of every pet, the Cat was my first one and by the time I got to trying for the 8'th or 9'th different one I got several cats to reject. Now that I'm working on 2 of every pet I only have one left but have not even been offered anything other then cats to reject.

What's up with the random number generator? This is significantly non random on the order of one chance in a trillion. So actually not 'what's up with the random generator' I should say 'please fix the obviously wrong coding somewhere'.
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2013 at 4:52 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
Raymond, I have read the many, many, many posts you have made to this effect, there's no need to make more. Can we have this thread be the official area of discussion for the issue you're reporting and leave it be in all other topics, please?

We have seen no evidence that the random number generator is not functioning properly, and you are the only one reporting it. I have said before that the numbers are weighted so puppies and kitties are the most common pets (and this is reflected in their BB pricing when you go to purchase an egg from Misty). So it seems like you had tremendously bad luck and got stuck on kittens for a long time. However, I know several players who have gotten 2 of every pet who are not reporting the same issue. I also know people who have intentionally collected 10 kittens, and 10 fairies, and 5 bears. None of them reported an issue.

Basically we need more evidence this is the case before we can act on it. As it is, looking over our code, it's solid, and you're the only one reporting the issue. If anybody else is experiencing an identical issue, I encourage them to let us know - but for now - there's no bug.
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2013 at 1:22 AM
Dave Stone
I'm repeatedly doing the egg hunt (without keeping the pet) just for the 50 XP.
When i was trying to get my last pet (1 of each), The Cat was repeated a large amount, 12+ before i got my last pet.
The cat is perhap's coming up just a little too often.
Maybe if i use the dog as a pet, It might not come up so regularly :)
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2013 at 9:31 AM
Carlene Paquette
I've been playing the game steadily and now have the following:
- dog x 3
- fairy x 3
- elephant x 3
- Cat x 3
- Kangaroo x 2
- Bear x 1
- Gryphon x 1

I am currently working on a Monkey. I have decided to continue rejecting eggs after that till I get the Raptor and Parrot. It'll be interesting to see how long that takes.
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2013 at 11:59 AM
Bonnie Bonnie
I also have lots of ''common pets'':
3x dog
3x cat
3x kangaroo
2x monkey (doing 3rd at the moment)
2x fairy
2x bear
2x parrot (once I found him the very next egg was also a parrot - lucky me :) )
1x (raptor, gryphon, elephant + reindeer & snowman)

And as everyone else I got tons of kittys and puppys during the search of new companion - really anoying - for the monkey egg today I have rejected 2 kittys and puppy. Arghr!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2013 at 12:46 PM
Last Edited May 2nd 2013 at 12:55 PM
Raymond
OK, to extend the thread, my inventory of pets without buying any eggs and without buying the completion of hatching an egg or raising a pet is as follows:
2 Cats but will be 3 in a few days they are identical
2 Dogs they are identical
2 Monkeys they are identical
2 Parrots they are identical
2 Fairy's they are identical
2 Elephants they are identical
2 Bears they are identical
2 Kangaroos they are identical
2 Gryphons they are actually different
1 Raptor

would possibly have 3 more pets in the time and energy I had used rejecting eggs. At least 30 rejected, at least 20 of those have been cats, almost all the rest have been dogs, only one single time was it something else, I guess I have been lucky that one time in 100 days.

I also think the 'default' odds modification for pets is way too skewed perhaps 50% for one thing like less nothings, 35% for the other like more mana and 15% for the last like more gems. And the majority of pets defaults seem to be nothings mana and power, very few gems, puzzle pieces or other things.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2013 at 11:14 AM
Ruth Orozco
On the other hand, I have had to reject only 2 or 3 eggs total and have one or two of each animal. I'm hatching the raptor now to make a complete set, then I'll work on more duplicates. And my "twin" animals all do different things. So, I don't know--maybe it is just bad luck?
Lvl 370 "Revolutionary"
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2013 at 11:56 PM
TommyRipz
It is just just, hence the term random number generator (pseudo random number) i still have yet to get a parrot, but hey I don't mind because that's the fun of it ;).
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2013 at 12:01 PM
Carlene Paquette
I did manage to get a Raptor a week ago. Now I'm rejecting all eggs until I get a Parrot. Will report back once I finally find one. But after a week of rejecting eggs, well I'm getting frustrated.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2013 at 1:19 PM
Raymond
At least you get 50xp for every egg you reject.
I'd prefer the large energy pack for raising one instead.
You could end up lucky or unlucky. I rejected eggs for a week to get my first full set, then I rejected eggs for 2 weeks to complete 2 of every one. Next is to get differing odds effects on each pet that is currently identical whish is 7 of my 10 pets.
I once calculated that on average with 10 random numbers from 1 to 10 with repeats, that it would take 50+ numbers before one got one of every one, on average. Could be as little as 10 (but with one chance in billions) and it could take hundreds (but 3 sigma was something like 60). But that's all academic because it precludes that each number is equally likely. Here they are not, cats and dogs are higher then 2 others which are yet higher then 2 others, and so on, with 5 tiers of likelihoods. It is 5, right?

I have given up on asking for offering different ways to get 'random' eggs.
I do wonder ho uncommon any new eggs/pets (yet to be invented) will be and how hard it will be to get one or more of them...
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 24th 2013 at 4:05 PM
Carlene Paquette
I finally got the Parrot egg today. So 12.5 days of rejecting eggs before I finally got the one egg I had never had.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 26th 2013 at 7:15 AM
Marci Wilson
I did get cats the past 3 times, (in 20 minutes) all of which I rejected. I decided to keep trying. Finally got a bear on the fourth try.
Lvl 330 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
70 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2013 at 8:17 PM
Judith Fournier
I have quite a few pets now and they all converge on me when I'm gardening. I find I can plant through myself (well, my avatar..) but I cannot plant if a pet is covering the garden plot and they won't move until I click off to the side. Then I have to reopen the store, select the seeds and plant when the beast has moved.
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2013 at 8:33 PM
Marci Wilson
Judith, that was happening to me, until I started gardening in a zig zag type pattern, leaving the lower right end plot til last. Try that and see if that helps get your pet out of the way for you.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2013 at 1:33 AM
Ben Strijker
Or just place your pets into a ... pen?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=611232742224331&set=gm.434512336635051&type=1&theater

(not sure if you can see it, If needit I will upload it on a sharing site)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2013 at 6:10 AM
Raymond
even better is to place your plantings in a pen, it's not perfect but makes harvesting a bit better
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2013 at 7:39 AM
Marci Wilson
you could also just walk your character out away from your plots before clicking to plant them.