21 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 1:14 AM
Judy Wilson
l can only find 20 ? is there more ?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 1:49 AM
Raymond
yes there are 25, but if you are not yet in the haunted forest you have all the ones you can do
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Bonus_Areas
189 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 5:04 AM
Luca D'Agostini
There is a secret area for every area of the current map, finding them is pretty easy also without the wiki... just look at the borders of the screen and when you find a lonely fence look for a path to reach it (if you can't reach it now probably you have to solve more puzzles, if you solved all them you can reach it). If you can't still reach it, well... the wiki have the answer.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 6:21 AM
Last Edited April 11th 2013 at 6:34 AM
Raymond
another way is to know that:
1. Every main play area, areas with a percentage that goes to 100%, has a secret area, but...
2. Well the tutorial area doesn't, but perhaps one can consider that its not a main play area.
3. Well some other areas have a percentage, but those are Nates quest areas and those don't have a secret area, except...
4. Well, one Nates quest area has a secret area, but it happens to not have a percentage, so...
5. No areas without a percentage have a secret area, but...
6. Um, in addition to that one Nates area, the crossing to the second island has a secret area, and I assume the crossing to the new island soon to be created will also have a secret area if precedent follows, but...
7. Past results is not an indication of future performance.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2013 at 7:53 PM
Ruth Orozco
that was good, Raymond!! Gave me a chuckle...
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 12th 2013 at 1:51 PM
Raymond
I love inconsistency. I dislike conformity, status quo and such, that's only for lemmings and sheep.
I also like to summarize in a manner easy to remember.

There should be some kind of indicator on map of what areas have secret areas, but that could easily be confusing to players.
I like the red flags showing completion of secret areas.
I really dislike, actually hate, the blue flags because they are redundant and cluttering, every area that has a blue flag has a 100% indication already.
Oh, naysayers out there, the blue flags didn't exist until about 6 weeks ago, I have a picture from the wiki (saved because they updated the site) that shows a completed first island without a single blue flag (and no ? locked squares either).
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 13th 2013 at 8:12 AM
Marci Wilson
Not all the secret areas are so easy to find, as they do not have a visible bit of fence. The easiest way to spot these is to keep your eyes open for spaces in your play field where you are allowed to roam. In the desert area, there is an area of rock along one of the edges of cliff where you can walk a maze before you find the secret area. Right now I am in the Western Swamp and found it by being able to walk along an open path. These entrances appear as narrow paths that lead off the visible screen.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 15th 2013 at 4:16 AM
Raymond
I just walked all over the world for the fun of it.
My 'summary' above is a little incomplete due to inconsistencies in the world.

The Picnic Grounds, a Nates area, has bushes to whack, has 1 field and that field is complete so I can't tell how many puzzles were in it. But on the big map it says n/a, has no percentage and has no blue flag, but that's incorrect.

The Old Mountain, a Nates area, has bushes to whack in 1 field that is complete. Can't tell how many puzzles it had but there appear to have been 4 treasure chests. Like that other one, the area progress does not work. On the big map it says n/a and has no percentage and has no blue flag, but that's incorrect.

The Desert Temple Ruins is the first Natea area that has multiple fields of bushes to whack and has a main map percentage, and its area progress works.

So what criteria is it that makes the area progress work?
Perhaps having more then one field? That's why the Tutorial Shore has no area progress?
Nope, The Mausoleum, a Nates area has multiple fields of bushes to whack and has a main map blue flag but does not have a working area progress and says n/a instead.

I'm at a loss for these inconsistencies but it doesn't really change the original summary of locations of secret areas, so far.