Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Seeing Double achievement for low-level players (no gloves)
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2013 at 10:29 AM
Alex Cyrlex
I haven't completed Rocky Decline yet, and I don't have green gloves.
Does it mean that I cannot complete Seeing Double achievement?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2013 at 11:33 AM
Raymond
Stupid question here, but are people taking that 'list' as gospel? Has anyone tried using any gloves? Same goes for glasses.

p.s. Yes there is some level dependance on this event and every event. You have to be able to go into the Commons and that requires something like more then level 5 and getting perhaps more then half way through the first zone and that requires some friends to help with paths so that could take several days. I just tried it out using my nieces account, on day one there we are up to level 5 and have completed the 3 puzzles each in 2 squares but have not yet reached the 3'rd of the zones 5 squares.
But I can say that we have captured all 8 leprechauns and have enough coins, beer and clovers to turn in almost all 25 each.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2013 at 1:59 PM
Alex Cyrlex
I have tried all gloves available to me (leather, fur, chain mail) on both leprechauns that require them. It didn't work.

And I think there is a difference between being able to access the Commons and completing Rocky Decline. You can get to the Commons in 2-3 days starting from scratch (and btw do you really need to get there? can't you access event zone through special shortcut?) But getting to Rocky Decline would probably require more than 14 days (event duration).

And I also think that making limited time events also limited by level (or in-game progress) is somehow wrong. Things like leprechaun drops scale well with level - low levels get them more often, to compensate for limited energy reserve. Why couldn't it work the same way with the gloves?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2013 at 5:09 PM
Raymond
The 'planting' short cut and 'commons' shortcut don't work until those areas are open to you. Its kind of like trying to see the area progress of an area like the Flux which is only a single square so the 'area progress' shortcut does nothing at all. And Nates Crypts were also non-progressable since there were no puzzles to complete in the essentially 3 squares there, unlike all other Nates areas that had puzzles in their squares except the first one.

As for missing out on parts of this event, or any event, its a 'Title' its not even an Achievement that anyone can see in your profile. Its a Title, and only the one Title you choose out of several dozen that one might have is what people might see. Every aspect of this event other then the Title is doable by just about everyone.
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th 2013 at 1:59 AM
Alex Cyrlex
Just to clarify: 1) by "special shortcut" I mean big green "Go To Event" button that appears in St. Patrick's Day Event window. Isn't it available to anyone, even before unlocking the Commons? 2) I can definitely see "Seeing Double" achievement in my friend's profile, currently it's the last one in the list. So missing it means missing both Title and Achievement. And isn't the goal of this game to get all progress bars filled? :)

As for my initial question, looks like this achievement is closed for me. Oh well, maybe it will be repeated next year. That is, if the game is still alive by then :)
Lvl 330 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th 2013 at 11:28 AM
Jane Skretvedt
You do need the green gloves, and for one of them you also need the St. Patricks Club.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th 2013 at 9:03 PM
Last Edited March 11th 2013 at 9:04 PM
Raymond
Interesting, someone in chat quoted a developer who said that everyone can get every achievement. Like I said above, I thought people were putting too much faith in someones 'list'. Seems that those who are not high enough in the game to get to the area where the 'green gloves' or 'round glasses' come from can use just any gloves and glasses in those spaces where something is necessary.
told you so.
but I do wish they would confirm that in a permanent manner.
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 12th 2013 at 4:53 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
I'll confirm: you definitely require the green gloves and round glasses!
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2013 at 1:39 AM
Alex Cyrlex
Noemi, thank you for confirming that!
I just hope that for future special events there will be some way around level limitations. Like selling gloves and glasses for leprechaun tokens for those who don't have them yet. Or something like that. Being unable to get an achievement is rather frustrating :)
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2013 at 5:35 AM
Marleen Larik
Having played for a while already, I didn't remember when or where I'd picked up the green gloves and round glasses, but I just assumed it must have been fairly early in the game as special events so far never had a level restriction on them.

Sucks for new players that they miss out.

So, was this an oversight, or intended by the devs?

If the special events were repeated annually and you would have the chance of getting that achievement next year, I'd be okay with it, but I seem to remember that that is as of yet undecided.
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 13th 2013 at 1:02 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
It was an unfortunate oversight, when the green gloves were chosen we believed that they appeared earlier in the game. We'll definitely be more vigilant if we prepare similar achievements in the future so new players aren't left out.