Codename Entertainment
Subtle UI improvements (inventory)
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2013 at 4:48 AM
Marleen Larik
A small change in the code, a big change for the player
(I realise I am being lame here)

When I put a new piece of clothing on, then the clothing items in that category are sorted newest-to-oldest, i.e. the NEW items are accessible immediately.

When I equip a new trinket however, the trinkets are sorted oldest-to-newest, so I have to do a lot of scrolling to get to the best trinkets. Especially when going for an entire set, i.e. changing all 6 trinkets, this takes up quite a lot of time. (I have 70 or so trinkets right now and of course this is getting "worse" all the time.)

It would be better is the trinkets were sorted newest-to-oldest as well.

I don't know how other people do it, but the one thing I use my own inventory for is to check whether I have enough tokens during special events to warrant a trip back to the event area.
At times when I want to craft a trinket, I also use the inventory to check for the number of required crafting items rather than make the trip to the commons to check.

Unfortunately, both the event tokens AND crafting ingredients are in the "general" section, so during events I always have to scroll to the far right to get the information.

I feel that "crafting items" should probably be a category of its own, and that would clear up enough space so I would see the tokens on the first page when I go to my inventory screen.

Categories that I feel don't need to be displayed in this screen (and that would make room for a "crafting items" category):

- "Trinkets": I do not use the inventory to marvel at my trinkets, as I can easily access them through the trinket slots (same as with the clothing)
- "Gems": I always go to the gem trading through the store

I think it would be beneficial if the inventory only displayed information that is actually useful; and I believe this is also why clothing and house items are NOT displayed here (as you wouldn't be able to do anything with them and can access them through other, better channels).

Other players may use the inventory screen differently though so I don't know if this would be an improvement for everybody.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2013 at 6:49 AM
Raymond
Event things like quest things are also listed in the 'key' items which I bet you only have one page worth so there is absolutely no scrolling necessary to see immediately if you can go and cash them in.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2013 at 7:06 AM
Marleen Larik
Yup, but still an extra click, plus it defests the prupose of categories if you have items show up in more than one...
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th 2013 at 10:01 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
Yet again, a great pair of detailed suggestions. Thanks Marleen, I'll pass these along. 8)
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2013 at 10:03 AM
Marleen Larik
Much appreciated Noemi, thanks :)
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2013 at 2:08 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
We have changed the way the trinkets are sorted as part of the latest update. 8)
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 27th 2013 at 3:30 PM
Marleen Larik
Awesome. Thanks.