Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Spell surges & multipliers

262 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 30th 2011 at 9:29 AM
Melody October May
Devs, can you treat the spell surges like large gems, and disable them during power whacks?

Nothing is more frustrating than coming at a monster, full 740 power revved up in the sword, and spat - you get a single charge of spell surge (and usually something that you can't use at this point).

Thanks! :)

741 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 30th 2011 at 10:31 AM
Nate Dauer
Well, that's the only way to obtain them besides casting them, and they were rather proud of the feature when they first introduced them (referring to them as "fun" if I remember correctly), so odds are good the answer is no.

262 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2012 at 9:41 AM
Melody October May
You can get the surges by doing a regular whack. All I'm saying is that they treat them as they do the larger gems - you can get them on a regular whack, but they don't come up on the power whacks. OR, if they do, you should get the multiplier for them.

799 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2012 at 12:15 PM
Rebecca Beattie
I agree

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2012 at 1:14 PM
Raymond
I agree somewhat.
Firstly though, I have never experienced getting a spell surge WITHOUT my having used a Multiplier. You get them very rarely but you HAVE to be Multipling something.

What I agree with is that it should require you to multiply to get it, that is risk using your Multiplier, but it should not cost you that multiplier. For example not quite the same thing, in Egg Breaker you can Multiply a Blue Buff Egg and a ruby Egg, it doesn't do anything for you, but it also doesn't cost you that Multiplier, you get it back. Well actually it does do something for you, on yhe Blue Buff Egg it seems to increase the odds of getting a certain kind of buff.