Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Costs too high.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2012 at 2:13 AM
deblev53
I had all but one area on one side of my house cleared for planting and managed to get 4 plots before it hit with the you must buy more land. I did for a price I thought was high and left me just enough for 2 plots, so far 6 plots. I wanted to get more so I cleared another lot today for 500 gold plus the 500 for the plot and went to get another plot since the area I'm using could easily hold 16 plots and was informed I needed to clear yet another area at a whopping 5000 gold before I could have another plot. This one plot per clear is totally crazy. The gold wins aren't huge and there is always something you have to use it on, so I'm asking can you please make the prices the same instead of upping them every so many of whatever you need. If not, no matter how much I like the game, I can't see myself staying with it. :(
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2012 at 2:25 AM
Dave Stone
My next plot is going to cost me 75,000 :)
Give's me something to aim for.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2012 at 7:27 PM
deblev53
Hi Dave, thanx for the info.We don't win enough gold for these high costs and I see it's only going to get worse, so as soon as I'm done the current flux puzzle, I'm outta here! :( Thanx to all my friends for always being there, I can't just desert you all, so I'll come a couple times a day and do your requests but that's as far as I go. I wish everyone playing all the luck in the world. Seems you're going to need it.
Lvl 253 "Swashbuckler"
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2012 at 5:49 PM
Josh Ochenduszko
The whole point to it is to have each one cost more so there's something to work up to. I don't really know what you mean by "there is always something you have to use it on". What do you HAVE to use gold on at level 64? Are you buying every trinket? You need to manage your gold better if you can't save up. I used to try buying all trinkets and realized I don't need them all. I used to spend money on energy packs, but realized I should save it. Now, other than occasionally spending money on a trinket that could be real helpful or combining trinkets sometimes, I only spend money on growing crops. I don't even spend money on gold crops, because it doesn't get you much. I spend money on energy crops, and I use that energy, my daily energy packs from friends, and energy as it regenerates to whack more bushes and get more gold. Then you save up to opening new areas. And if you're not getting enough gold, you can always use more trinkets that improve your chances of gold drops. Just some advice instead of quitting...
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2012 at 7:29 PM
Joe Gosselin
Josh is right, there's more strategy here than BW1 and it is just a good thing. Expanding house is not a requirement in any way to progress (although the bonus with farming plot are usefull). I used farming plots to grow energy for the event, as soon as i get the 200 points, i'll return to farming gold. Have 6 expansions unlocked so far (next one is 30K), all the trinket slots (last one was a wooping 50K), still having 6 trinkets in store to buy, and at least 5 combined ones (max energy+max mana and power don't worth 10K), having some spare change 15K for future updates (especially for 1 more energy per tick or better pocketwatch) and at least 60 000 Agates (lucky to get a green emerald)
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2012 at 9:49 PM
deblev53
Hi Josh, thanx for your input. I have nowhere near bought every trinket,but if you want your achievements all finished,you have to buy and make a certain amount,"craft 20 trinkets from scratch" and the "combine old Trinkets to create a new one 20 times" and it isn't cheap, I'm not even close to half way on either.I just hate the way the prices for things jump from 500 to 50k gold etc.I won't spend the raises for plots, especially if you're only able to get 1 plot for every newly cleared area,and that is what I'm experiencing. I do however buy all but the most expensive fruit baskets because when I play I like to play for more than 15 mins, not that you get much more time from them. I guess after playing BW1 from the start,which I love, but have just quit because I'm too impatient to wait for new levels, if there ever are any, I suppose I though this would be more of a continuation of BW1 and stupidly the differences bother me.

Hi Joe, thanx too for your input. I should have quit playing when I hit that 50k trinket slot. I guess I just don't understand the need for such whopping raises in slots and plots. I hate the house, one wall for everything is just silly, so that doesn't bother me and I would never buy any room for it. I guess I'm just bored, tired of waiting for something to do and have been playing way too long. I'm getting on in age and think I can find better things to do. I still play EB2 and Gardens of Time plus the backstage games. I thanx you both for your responses and wish you the best of luck. :)
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2012 at 2:54 AM
Dave Stone
I thik the Dev's got the plot price's right. In BW there were posts stating they had too much gold and nothing to spend it on ( I've got 41M).
Now we'll have to manage our gold while saving up for the next plot.
Lvl 241 "Loves The Developers"
142 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2012 at 5:14 AM
Erin Sayers
I am up to the 100k plot level 64 and second player on ranking for me the larger priced plot is something to work for. There are only 8 more plots to open on my ranch. I have bought all but 4 trinkets (hopeing to get some more plans for them in future) and only have 2 combine to do. If I had opened all house areas already I would have nothing to do. The devs have reduced the cost of expanshions once already so I think its in a good place now expensive but not undoable.