Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
BW2 vs. BW1 map
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 27th 2012 at 3:27 AM
Chris Maverick Leadbeater
I dont know if its just me but the new BW2 map is very colourful that is granted but compared to the BW1 map its harder on a UI to navigate.

take for instance you have a quest to turn in which is like 6-10 zones away you have to load the area and then navigate to the quest giver as with BW1 you could click an specific area where the quest was and was easyier to turn in.

so my question to the BW2 team is are you going to intergrate some of the BW1 properties into the BW2 map to make the map more user freindly?
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 27th 2012 at 5:34 AM
Bill Beard
That would be nice. Like if you click on the zone and then it gives you the subzone map to say where in the zone you want to go to.
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 27th 2012 at 2:54 PM
Nate Dauer
I *do* like that the puzzles sometimes unlock shortcuts between the different areas within them. This was something I suggested for BW1 a long, long time ago. But yeah, it seems to me that the shortcuts seem to be unlocked pretty late while progressing through a map section.

But yes, sometimes it can be annoying to have to walk all the way around the level... but hey, it's healthy! ;)
253 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 28th 2012 at 5:55 PM
Marc Kriguer
you can get a "submap" of the current area (by clicking on the "Area Progress" checkmark) and then each of the areas that you have unlocked can be gotten to by clicking in the green area.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 28th 2012 at 11:13 PM
Bill Beard
Yes; we're just saying it would be nice if we could access it from the world map without extra clicks.