Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Extreme lag and firefox
Lvl 306 "Power Whacker"
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 23rd 2012 at 11:45 PM
Scott Cartman
Not sure why but the past few days I've been experiencing obscene amounts of lag on BW2, and couldn't figure out why. Luckily I have an intelligent girlfriend who convinced me while I kicked and screamed, to use Chrome. Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that if you're using Firefox and are having severe lag issues, give Chrome a shot.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 26th 2012 at 3:56 AM
DestKitteh
*bounces up and down* Chrime is my go to, but it mostly irritates me.

Go to the firefox icon in the upper left hand corner, & click on "add-ons". Then, on the new tab that pops up, click on the little "check to see if your plugins are up to date" - a new page will load.

Update them. I had to update adobe (x3), silverlight, java (x2)... No flash or lag problems since.
Lvl 115 "Needs More Energy!"
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 26th 2012 at 5:08 AM
Clemonde
thanks for the heads up :)
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 27th 2012 at 3:07 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
We've noticed an issue with Firefox 13 in specific causing a lot of weird framerate issues that didn't exist in Firefox 12. Hopefully it's something they will address in a future update.
167 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 28th 2012 at 11:25 AM
Denise C Steil
Have a friend that uses firefox and she was having issues with flash players slowing/freezing her computer. I think Adobe was the specific program giving her fits. There is a workaround but she was telling me it is very time consuming.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 29th 2012 at 8:36 PM
Wayne Bennett
Firefox updated to 13.0.1 the other week, & my system has been screwed up over it. Video websites (YouTube included) FREEZE @ the 11 second mark. Auction websites display the listings, but when you select a particular item, the screen is blank.

I've seen complaints of older versions of Firefox doing this, but none about this recent setup.

& I know it has to be Firefox because everything described above is FINE in Internet Explorer.