Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Bacon Event?
Lvl 240 "The Great One"
35 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2012 at 3:47 PM
Brad Hollingworth
An event screen randomly popped up when I loaded the game after the news window describing a Bacon event, but there was information missing and the go to event button didn't work. I went to event area and nothing. I reloaded the game, and the event screen didn't come back. Was it a random glitch? Or just a whiff of things to come?
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2012 at 3:55 PM
Jaci Tate
I'm guessing things to come since I collected a few fireworks in bushes. So I refreshed and clicked on the "go to event" button. From there, I was able to talk to 2 guys, one asking for 20 fireworks each and the other asking for food items. None of the quests showed up, though, I haven't found any more fireworks and, after refreshing a 2nd time, the event screen is gone.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2012 at 4:02 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Just a little bit of code that shouldn't have been turned on. Should be gone now.
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2012 at 10:19 PM
Nate Dauer
If you ever see "bacon", there's a very good chance it's not a REAL part of the game.

In nearly all of DJ Arts' games, whenever there is a blank coding emplacement where text for something should go, Justin (or at least, I *assume* it is Justin) inserts a random sentence about bacon. It's kind of funny, actually. I was always a lot more formal about my blank text placeholders when I did coding and moding in video games, but I guess I'm just boring like that. :P

Examples:
If you go to equip your hero in BW1, and the text is slow to load in the descriptions for the hero's gear, a sentence about bacon will appear in it's place until the correct text has loaded.

In EB2, the achievements page was, assumably, going to have a description at the top of it. For some reason though, they decided not to bother with one. As a result, it instead says:
"Very useful, bacon related text can go here if we decide to explain about bacon. Otherwise, this might be useless. But for now, it will be here with the after taste of bacon. Mmmm... bacon."
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 21st 2012 at 10:57 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Nate,

Actually it is Adam our lead artist who puts in all the bacon related text. When designing layouts placeholder text is needed to fill in the text areas to get a feel for what the layout will look like when filled in. There is lots and lots of silly default text on the dialogs thanks to Adam.

-David