Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Did you know that...? (thread of trivia and subtleties)
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th 2012 at 1:07 AM
Nate Dauer
Post anything interesting you come across that isn't a spoiler or whatever. Differences between BW1 and BW2 that aren't immediately obvious are welcome too!

- When you get a Brocoli, it drops an amount of energy equal to the energy used to whack the bush it came from. This is because it is the energy you "get back" instead of getting a "nothing" if you have the Colored Marble trinket equipped.

- Gold wins sometimes drop "extra" gold (example: instead of a 3-energy bush dropping a "3 coins" cluster, it might drop 3 different "3 coins" clusters, giving you a total of 9 coins)! Better still, these 'freebie multipliers' also multiply with any 'power' multipliers you apply (meaning that if you used a power whack of 5 power on the aforementioned example of a 3-energy bush dropping 3 by 3 coins drop it would drop 5 times as many, as in 5 x 3 x 3 coins, which is 45 coins altogether)! This was most-likely done to counter-balance the much smaller power multipliers we are given in BW2 compared to BW1. This is a really good thing because otherwise we would ALWAYS be running short of gold in the game.

Know of any others? Post them!
Lvl 330 "Master Bush Whacker"
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th 2012 at 1:59 AM
Luna Zoraida
Did you know that...?
There is a headstone in the The Commons, near the fishing area inscribed... "Agent Phil Coulson - RIP"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 29th 2012 at 11:10 PM
Nate Dauer
The spawn spots for monsters are not the same spawn spots for bushes in BW2. In BW1, all things whackable, as well as Giants and Treasure Chests, would always appear in a spawning point. Most were indicated by tiny tree stumps, but in a small handful of cases, such as the Throne Room, there would be spawning point(s) without tiny tree stumps to indicate them.

Monsters now spawn in pre-assigned 'normal' spots, while bushes spawn wherever you can find tiny tree stumps.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 9:03 PM
deblev53
Hi Luna, boy I miss a lot. Going to check that out, thanx for posting it. :)
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st 2012 at 2:21 AM
DestKitteh
Did you know...?

When Nate tells you to hum some background music, the "wub wub wub" dialogue box that pops up, is dubstep.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2012 at 5:00 PM
DestKitteh
*rolls over laughing*

On the Rocky Decline, if you click on either of the two telescopes, a thought bubble pops up, with "Hey, I can see my house from here...Wait, no, my house is in the other direction."
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 9th 2012 at 12:55 AM
Last Edited July 9th 2012 at 12:56 AM
Jean Davis
Did you know that...?

There are beer cans behind the sawmill.
112 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2012 at 4:40 PM
Carolyn Schwartz
Good one. I've got to go check it out.
Lvl 339 "Pro Egg Designer"
52 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 6:24 PM
Paul Hidding
In the desert area, one of the obstacles you need friend help to overcome is monster pit that has three purple tentacles coming out of it.

The popup box for the pit to invite friends says: You'll never get past this non-specific copyright-free pit monster without friends!

And the pre-filled in friend names are: Mando; Lan; Juke; Weia; Dabba; Foba Bett; & R3D3.
Post by Bill Beard deleted July 13th 2012 at 3:39 PM
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2012 at 12:43 PM
Last Edited July 13th 2012 at 12:47 PM
Nate Dauer
That one was already mentioned in the second comment.

Monsters appear much more often in BW2 than in BW1.

Also, in regards to the Sarlacc Pit, DJ Arts honestly could've gotten away with calling it the "Sarlacc Pit of Carkoon" simply because Lucas Arts is so lax with their copyrights. They tend to view use of their characters, etc. as free advertising rather than as copyright infringement - that's one of the reasons there are so many Star Wars references out there in modern media: it's really easy to obtain permission.

Though I suppose that wouldn't have been as funny. :P
Lvl 293 "The Great One"
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2012 at 7:41 AM
JuJuBie
Did you know that...
There are secret areas in all of the maps (excluding Tutorial Beach, The Commons, and your House).
Lvl 268 "Loves The Developers"
61 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2012 at 4:45 PM
heppigirl
julia: Are there secret bits in the Nate areas? Not sure if I've found those.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2012 at 5:12 PM
Bill Beard
No, there are no Secret Bonus Areas in Nate's zones.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2012 at 5:13 PM
Bill Beard
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Bonus_Areas
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th 2012 at 8:24 PM
Ruth Orozco
Maybe other people know this, but I just figured it out, so I thought I'd share. You know how it takes "forever" for the shrubs and bushes to reload? (At least for those of us with ADD for whom instant gratification takes too long) Well,you don't have to wait for all 6 plants to regrow! As soon as your avatar whacks the last bush, you can quick whack or mana whack and the plants pop up faster! I did not know this and it works for BW1, also, but the bushes load much faster, so it's really now necessary.