Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
faster way getting around
Lvl 21 "Gem Collector"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 4:29 PM
Sandy de Nijs
I went to the commons to start this spring thing and had a hard time getting back to where I was playing. Any hints other than walking around?
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 5:10 PM
deblev53
I have the same problem Sandy. That and getting lost, LoL. It would be nice to see each area numbered,in the field and on the map, for me anyway, and possibly have a travel thing like in mystic guardians.Any ideas on this devs?
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 6:17 PM
Last Edited May 14th 2012 at 6:17 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
You can travel quickly from area to area using the world map. Look for the icon in the bottom-right part of the game where you access your inventory.
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 7:36 PM
Lottie Mytho
Not good enough, David. We can only get back to the start of the area. We then have to walk through all fields already completed before we get to where we were before going to the commons.

This is going to be a real pain in the rear for anyone past the first field, and I feel really sorry for those at the end of their area.

What we need is a return to last position button in the event area. (Like the return from your house button.)
Lvl 137 "Expert Bush Whacker"
39 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 11:18 PM
Sarah Fischer
I think it would be cool if we could select the map section, and then pick which area in that section. I also really miss the map saying what % I'm at in each zone.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 14th 2012 at 11:55 PM
deblev53
I do use the map and am familiar with all the icons, but like Lottie said it's not an easy solution. I spend quite a few frustrating minutes just trying to figure out where I am and again agree with Lottie on possibly a last position button. Oh well, guess we can't expect everything.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2012 at 10:02 PM
Russel Denton
Theres a type of pentagram thingy at your ranch walk on it and click it and it sends you where you were last, hope this helps
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 16th 2012 at 10:34 PM
Lottie Mytho
@ Russel

That doesn't get you from the commons (and the spring event) back to your whacking field.

Once you go to your house, you can use the hub button to return to your last position, but if that was the spring event then that's where you go.
Lvl 397 "Needs More Energy!"
133 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2012 at 5:07 AM
'Janusz Brzywczy
It is a Pain to have to run through all the Areas....
Lvl 21 "Gem Collector"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2012 at 8:49 AM
Sandy de Nijs
I finally quit doing the spring thing. I just don't have the time or patience.
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 2:16 AM
deblev53
Thanx Russel. I don't bother with my ranch much, but it's good to know.I would love it if they would just return us to where we last were when we click on the map. Right now I have to get through 4 fields, a wood bridge, a cement bridge and then 2 more areas to get back to where I'm playing. It's really making me wonder if I want to keep playing. :(
Sandy I'm sorry you aren't doing the Spring event. I only need a bit over 200 points to get the top prize, pretty much done except for the last animals and it is kind of worth it to get the 20 extra energy. :)
Lvl 220 "Is Puzzled"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 11:16 AM
Kat Vickers
also agrees with this one, now i spend the first bit gaining all my seeds with energy then spending them all, then the next day finding my way back to where i was.
the first few days i was at the end of an area. normally i will go all the way through opening up all the fields first , then go backwards one field at a time finishing them up.
Lvl 149 "Hobby Fisher"
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 1:53 PM
Maggie Mayhem
Something that might help, depending on your monitor size...

I've found that in Fullscreen mode, you can click on an area _past_ a field, and run straight through. This saves quite a bit of time, since the computer doesn't 'center up' when you hit the field. As an added bonus, you can often see more than one field on your screen, which might help with finding your way.

I've started popping into fullscreen just for travel, then hitting 'Esc' to go back to whacking.(I tend to have other programs open, and staying in fullscreen doesn't let me keep track of them)
Lvl 307 "Revolutionary"
39 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 3:22 PM
ATMarsden95
This issue is most prominent with The Flux, though. I have to go through the entire final mountain area to get to my current location after going to see the lumberjack or going to do some Springing...
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2012 at 3:52 PM
Lottie Mytho
If we get daily repeatable quests it'll be even worse -- they could mean walking through all main areas every day :(