Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
game freezing
91 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2012 at 11:40 AM
sunnydee
I have had my screen freeze on me several times over the last 4 days, especially if I call up a friend for help, freezes the game instantly. Has anyone else had this problem?
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 4:40 AM
Lottie Mytho
yep -- many times -- thought it was my computer. A restart with cache clear and defrag helps for a while.
Lvl 400 "Honorary Leprechaun"
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 10:39 AM
Veda Funk
Okay; I know now I am not totally crazy; and that others are having this problem. Now when will this be fixed is the next questions.
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 2:41 PM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
Hi All,

A fix is being worked on but this is not a trivial problem. The fix will (probably) only be for those who freeze during friend calls. Any other freezes should be posted with more specific details. Also a better place to ask for help with issues in the game is the Help Me ! page in the game and opening a help ticket.

Cheers,
Peter
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 3:43 PM
Lottie Mytho
I have just timed a 'quick whack' at 5 minutes to complete! Something with the game is causing my browser to freeze up. Even navigating to this thread took an age to do, and typing in the browser is now like typing in treacle. I have done a complete computer restart with reg defrag and crap cleaner (total cache clear) three times today. Usually I only need to do this once a week. The browser runs smoothly until I load BW2 and play for a while, then it gets progressively worse :(
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 9th 2012 at 8:41 PM
Last Edited May 9th 2012 at 8:42 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Lottie,

The game is very cpu intense, so when it is open it can definitely make other things run slower. Although 5 minutes for a quick whack is way over the line!

You don't need to do the defrag or cache cleaning. They will not have even the slightest effect on the games performance. (maybe a tiny tiny effect if you haven't defraged for months, but even that would be hard to notice).

What you are describing sounds like the browser is still running the process even after the fact. We have seen this occur with firefox... are you running firefox? Did you recently update to version 12? If so try Google Chrome.

I have lost a lot of faith in the firefox team, after upgrading to v12 last week it has crashed atleast once a day if not more on me.

-David
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 10th 2012 at 5:52 AM
Lottie Mytho
Yes I'm using Firefox, no I haven't updated to version 12. I never update to the newest version right away as I run other programs with scripts in FF and need to know that the scripts will still work before I update. Tried Chrome once and don't like it. Chrome isn't too friendly to the other script I rely on either so won't be installing it again.

(I too am disillusioned with FF -- the constant new versions suggest they never got the previous one right, and cause script writers problems keeping current too.)