Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
What trinkets do you use and why?
Lvl 54 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
46 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 10:21 AM
Edward Paul McGee
I use what I feel is an optimal group of trinkets. At least if your goal is to level quickly.

Sweet Lollipop +1 energy per tick
Broken Pocket Watch -1 minute on energy timer
These 2 are obvious. More energy regen = more whacking.

Brass Horn odds of winning nothing -5.5%
Possibly this should be something else but getting nothing makes me sad.

Dusty Magnifying Glass +5% chance to find map pieces.
Every area has 3 maps and you can't advance to a new zone until you get them all plus there are bonus maps. This is my favorite trinket.

Wooden Wand +5% chance to find mana.
With every screen only requiring 4 mana and bushes having a chance to drop mana containers = to the energy required to whack them this will get even better as time goes by.

Now that I can buy 3 different fruit baskets I am considering replacing the Brass Horn with a Dull Crystal but I haven't bought much yet so I should be in good shape for awhile.
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 12:12 PM
Nate Dauer
I like the fact that we're given trinkets we can manipulate to alter our whacking odds, but I hate that we have to use up our spots for timer and tick trinkets. In theory, you can benefit from both, but it's a hassle.

I really think some things like the lollipops and watches should be passive benefits, not something we have to use up a precious trinket spot for.

In BW1, you were able to whack one bush every five minutes. I say this because, if you did the math, when you obtained the first +1 tick candy was shortly after you started whacking level 2 bushes regularly. This pattern remained steady throughout much of the early game:
Shortly after you reach a point of whacking higher-level bushes you are able to afford an upgrade that will increase your energy gains to relatively equate one bush every five minutes.
As you got further in the game, the time period between when you encountered said bushes and said upgrade grew greater and greater. In fact, a player will likely have been whacking level 13 or 14 bushes before they get the item that allows them to whack a level 12 bush every 5 minutes. This, as you probably can guess, is the fifth +1 tick candy, resulting in +6 energy every 2:30 minutes. After this, there are no more upgrades, and the player is stuck whacking level 18 bushes once every 7:30 minutes.

Anyways, that said, BW2 appears to be working on the same basis, but with a catch: the upgrades cost us a precious trinket spot each, meaning we are forced to choose between keeping the expected pace or adjusting our odds.
Lvl 115 "Needs More Energy!"
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 12:49 PM
Last Edited April 30th 2012 at 12:49 PM
Clemonde
dont forget that you can switch to the odd trinkets when whacking ... and switch back to the regenerating trinkets when waiting for energy :)
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 12:57 PM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
But Nate,

WE can now allow for much more interesting and powerful odds adjustments using trinkets since we are limiting the number of spots you can use. Leaving you guys free to come up with game breakinbg trinket combinations at the cost of some other benefits.

Cheers,
Peter
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 2:28 PM
Last Edited April 30th 2012 at 2:28 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Re: The regen trinkets. We've only released the initial set of regen trinkets so far. More powerful regen trinkets will actually replace the ones you have, so you'll always be able to keep your basic regen on par for the cost of only 2 trinket slots.
Lvl 54 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
46 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 3:08 PM
Edward Paul McGee
So we won't be able to use weaker versions of the same trinket to stack buffs?
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 3:16 PM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
Edward,

Justin was referring specifically to the energy regeneration trinkets. The other trinkets you can definitely stack. But not the energy regeneration amount or time trinkets.

Cheers,
Peter
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 4:09 PM
Clemonde
maybe you could add a description, like *unique-equipped* or something like that
76 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 5:50 PM
Hermione Dubois
I need a list of trinkets please

Now im at 60% done of the second area in the forest (3rd if we count tutorial area)

I just completed the flower and slinkies quest... still 1 quests to get and 9 maps to do and 3 customise items. I just bough the gem chance trinket and found the magnifier glass (5% more chance to puzzle pieces) in a chest

will i get my second tick trinket soon.... or did i miss any secret trinket?
Lvl 34 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
32 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 10:26 PM
Jadey Allen Hansen
@Hermione
There was a trinket (I believe in the 3rd area, 4th if you count the tutorial) that reduces the number of seconds on the clock from 5 minutes to 4 minutes.

I like the whole trinket aspect of the game. It adds a HUGE strategy element that was greatly lacking in BW1.

When I am working I equip the food knives stacked at 10.5%, the mana wands stacked at 10.5% and for now the puzzle piece magnifier, but once I have solved the puzzles I will use the gem collector.

When I am sleeping, or off, I use the lollipop, the stopwatch, and the increased energy tokens.

I switch back and forth between these two setups.
32 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 10:27 PM
Jadey Allen Hansen
working=whacking
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 30th 2012 at 11:49 PM
Nate Dauer
"dont forget that you can switch to the odd trinkets when whacking ... and switch back to the regenerating trinkets when waiting for energy :)"

"In theory, you can benefit from both, but it's a hassle."

"More powerful regen trinkets will actually replace the ones you have, so you'll always be able to keep your basic regen on par for the cost of only 2 trinket slots."

I guess that's something...
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 4:18 AM
Last Edited May 1st 2012 at 4:23 AM
Jean Davis
I just bought two trinkets that cost 300 gold (lower ones), and lost over 400 agates. Could someone please check that for me? Is this another trinket bug?

ADD: Just found my Agates in Inventory, but they don't show in the Store, nor do my Sapphires.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 9:04 AM
Last Edited May 1st 2012 at 9:04 AM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
The stores in Bush Whacker 2 currently only show you currencies that are required for the store items that are available for purchase.
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 11:20 AM
Sharon Graham Cabana
Im at level sixteen have I missed something? I cannot find the broken pocket watch anywhere? or is it higher level thx
32 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 11:49 AM
Jadey Allen Hansen
Sharon, it's somewhere in the third area... I believe I got it when I was level 18, but I don't think it is level dependent. Depending on how quickly you solve the puzzles you could get probably get it earlier. I think the man said something like: Thanks for saving me from the puzzle, and then either gave me the artifact or offered it for purchase, can't remember which.
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 2:18 PM
Sharon Graham Cabana
thx jadey I am so enjoying this new game
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 2:22 PM
Clemonde
The Pocket Watch can be found in Area 3, Field 3, Puzzle 1 :)
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 1st 2012 at 7:17 PM
Sharon Graham Cabana
Is that where the guy with the green hat is near a bridge and beside the dandelion guy? because it is empty when I open it
184 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 2nd 2012 at 1:03 AM
Clemonde
no, area 3 = the shady forest