Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
How Do Energy Pack Requests Work?
Lvl 207 "Dispenser of Justice!"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 28th 2012 at 7:12 PM
Jennifer Chang
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about how friends send each other energy packs.

I send requests daily. I checked with a few BW2 friends and they say they've never received my requests. I have received a few packs, though, so something's working at least some of the time.

Conversely, my friends say they're sending me requests for energy packs but I've never received ANY - not through FB notifications or the pink bubble in BW2; it shows "You have 0 requests".

I confirmed in my FB settings that I don't have requests from BW2 blocked.

Are requests supposed to show up as FB notifications, similar to sharing energy in BW1, or should they only show up in the pink bubble in the game? Is it a bug that we're not seeing them or are we not looking in the right place?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 28th 2012 at 8:31 PM
Jen Lyons
I'm not sure how they're _supposed_ to work, but I do get a notification (both in my notifications menu, and a little number that appears on the BW2 icon, depending on where I am in FB. Also, when I open the game, it gives me a screen right away where I can accept any new requests (energy and help with gates), without having to open the pink bubble.
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 28th 2012 at 9:13 PM
Jennifer Chang
Thanks, Jen L. That's interesting. I'm not getting any of those notifications. It's good to know how it's working for someone else, though. I thought perhaps I was just looking in the wrong place! It sounds like it might be a glitch so maybe the devs can help...
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 7:05 AM
Jennifer Chang
I think I found part of (or maybe all of) the problem. My BW2 friends aren't all showing up under the BW2 friends filter when I go to send requests. The ones I checked with aren't there and I'm not under their filters either.

I got my first two energy pack requests today (shown in the initial loading screen you mentioned, Jen L) after folks selected my name manually. I'm glad to see how it's supposed to work!

Devs, can you advise about BW2 friends not showing up under the BW2 filter when sending requests? Many thanks.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 8:50 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Jennifer,

On the facebook app settings page ( https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=applications ) what are the notifications and posts settings set to?
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 9:29 AM
Jennifer Chang
Hi David,

I believe the app settings are okay. We figured out that we're not showing up on each other's BW2 friend list filter when sending requests. I did receive my first app requests today after one of them manually selected me.

If there's something we need to do to have the game recognize that we're BW2 friends please let me know. (I am friends with them in FB, they show up in my friends icon bar in the game, but we're not shown to each other when we filter for BW2 players when sending energy requests.)

Thanks!
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 10:02 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Jennifer,

We only allow you to ask for an energy pack from a friend once a day (actually once every 20 hours). So once you have sent a request to them they won't show in the request screen for 20 hours.

Above your mentioned that you were not getting the notifications of sends and that does point to a facebook setting issue.

-David
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 29th 2012 at 11:23 AM
Last Edited April 29th 2012 at 11:25 AM
Jennifer Chang
Hi - As I mentioned above, I am getting notifications now, thanks. We identified that the confusion was caused by the issue/question below.

How do we get our BW2 friends to show up in the BW2 filter when sending energy pack requests? We haven't been sending requests to each other because when we select all of our identified BW2 friends we're not on each other's lists.

Thanks again.