Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
three suggestions for the Request Inbox
253 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 25th 2012 at 5:05 PM
Marc Kriguer
1) allow scrolling up/down with the mouse to move the list up and down
2) when a request is handled, have it remove itself (maybe after a few seconds) from the list.
3) when the list is empty, have it dismiss itself.

The above (in combination) would make logging on (and facing a screen of 30 requests since the last time I played) take a whole lot fewer clicks. :-)
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 26th 2012 at 12:36 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Marc,

Those are all totally reasonable :)
253 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 26th 2012 at 1:09 PM
Marc Kriguer
Thanks!
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 27th 2012 at 12:03 AM
Lasynda Shichiroji
hehehe I think this would actually be awesome to see would make it a bit easier to get through the inbox faster.

Another suggestion if someone asks for help clearing some area if it's been filled would it be difficult to have it remove itself since the help is no longer needed instead of hitting help and finding out they got it done already.

Would there be a way to also make it so when someone does ask for help on those areas that they can only ask once instead of 7 times, or however many spots there are, since if you help on one all the others are wasted button clicking??
Lvl 119 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 27th 2012 at 1:25 AM
Jet de Vries
Yes, good ideas!!
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 27th 2012 at 1:15 PM
Lasynda Shichiroji
hehehehe could we also see this used on MG?
Lvl 117 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
134 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 27th 2012 at 2:47 PM
Peter Minter (CNE Dev)
Hi Lasynda,

You do only need to ask for help once. The same request can be sent to several friends for staffing the spots. Each person that accepts fills the next available spot.

Automatically deleting requests that are no longer necessary is actually currently impossible with the current Facebook request system.

Cheers,
Peter
253 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 27th 2012 at 4:09 PM
Marc Kriguer
Wow - you guys *already* implemented idea #2 of my original post -- very quick turnaround! -- thank you very much!!
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 27th 2012 at 6:03 PM
Lasynda Shichiroji
Hi Peter,

I know that you only have to ask once for the help but I honestly can't count the number of times I've had a friend hit one of the roadblocks and ask me to help however many times there are spots to fill because they think they have to in order for me to fill a spot in case someone else helps in that spot first. (Anyway to make a game info thingie like you guys did for MG for trading out Guardians saying you only need to ask people once I know saying it here only people who come to the forums will ever see it and then only if they read the thread)

As for automatically deleting them was just a thought I don't make FB Apps so I dunno their rules or setup for the request system :) Of course hehehe if they ever do let you do it :D

Lasy