Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Feedback on catalog pages
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 1:56 PM
Marleen Larik
Let me first say that I love the idea of the torn catalog and finding the pages. It makes a lot more sense than the old system, and being able to buy multiple objects of the same kind will make decorating a lot easier / more rewarding.

That being said: I had a quick look through my friends' houses (up to level 16) and out of 11 people, only a single player bought a single decoration item. Everyone else has just a very lonely freebie potted plant standing in or in front of the house.
I know I'm not going to buy any furniture for as long as I think I may need the money for things that advance my character in game such as slots, trinkets and fruit baskets.

How about a combination of the two? In addition to catalog pages, let people have one or the other freebie; for instance in the form of a "voucher" item that comes with a catalog page.

I for my part know I would be a lot more willing to buy chairs if I already had a table. Or buy a second chair if I had a chair. Create sets of two that go together and give people one half for free - instantly it stops being "a complete waste of money" and starts to be "collecting".

(I think that system would also work with matching outfit sets.)
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 3:20 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Marleen,

It is an interesting question if players homes are not decorated because of the cost of items or if perhaps they are forgetting about the house.

As players approach the end of the first zones they should have extra gold to spend on decoration items. One of things we were trying to mitigate with items costing gold was that in BW1 players invariably saved up a ton of gold, more than they could spend... Here we are trying to have as a lot more items for sale so you always have something to buy...

It is something we will watch. I think there will be a point where players have enough gold that they do get into decorating their house.

-David
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2012 at 10:26 PM
Lottie Mytho
Or it could just be that the traveling system does not encourage visiting ones own ranch :(
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2012 at 10:34 PM
Hi Lottie,

If you push the house button on the lower right of the screen you travel directly to you house. Hitting the return button, or leaving the House returns to you the exact spot you left. So you can instantly teleport to your house and back without any travel required.
Lvl 39 "Is Puzzled"
150 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 23rd 2012 at 10:45 PM
Lottie Mytho
Thanks David. I did do that, but arrived in the 'driveway' not the house -- had to walk to another screen load to get to the house and then another to enter the house. Haven't been back since.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 24th 2012 at 8:28 AM
Heh, well having big areas is a part of the game. So I don't think I can help you with that one.