Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
there is something that i think should be taken out of bush whacker 2
123 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 10:55 PM
Theana Elizabeth Dalton
its when it says whacking those bushes it happens every time i start to whack bushes and it gets annoying and it slows down the proses of bush whacking if that could be taken out because every one knows that they are whacking bushes from playing bush whacker other wize i love bush whacker 2 just as much as bush whacker :D
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 8:28 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Theana,

That only comes up after a couple of seconds of trying to make the whack bush server call, it means you have a slow network connection or a very slow computer.

-David
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:42 AM
Greg Miller
I almost won the first bushwhacker and was looking forward to playing this one. I am not interested in having friends help progress through the game. For this reason, I might not play this one. Please take out all areas in which you need to request friend help.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:44 AM
Last Edited April 20th 2012 at 10:48 AM
Greg Miller
I also like the way the puzzles were solved in the first one. I would make the puzzle box a little smaller. The screen resolution is to bulky, it doesn't matter what size I put it at. Other ideas... why not carry equipment over from the first game? You could make side quests with some of the lost equipment as the prizes. Almost like what the thieves were doing with the first one.
35 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:50 AM
Bernie Bernstone
i agree totally with greg on both points
35 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:51 AM
Bernie Bernstone
and of course is against facebook policies to make people have to add friends to play apps.. and you are forcing people to break the FB laws
35 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:53 AM
Bernie Bernstone
and dont tell me its not forced, becuase it absolutely is to continue past the first 2 puzzle areas
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 11:18 AM
Last Edited April 20th 2012 at 11:35 AM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Bernie,

EDIT -

In actuality facebooks policy is:

(IV. Application Integration Points): You must not incentivize users to use (or gate content behind the use of) Facebook social channels, or imply that an incentive is directly tied to the use of our channels.

and what this means is:

Users cannot be rewarded just for sending an invite, but if the request requires a separate action by the invitee for the inviter to receive a reward it is allowed.

If you take a look at the top facebook games you will find they all do this in one way or another.

If you are so strongly opposed to asking friends for help, the bush buck option is only a few bucks an area and is a good way to show support for a game you enjoy.
Lvl 58 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 1:17 PM
Nathan Carr
I understand that the bush buck option puts money in the pocket of the developers, and that there are many things that a player can benefit from by purchasing these. I'm not saying that the option of paying to advance quickly should be removed, just that it shouldn't be the only way to advance to new areas. I have no problem asking my friends to play games with me, the problem is that most of my friends do not play games on Facebook. I'd prefer the option of bush bucks be used to purchase special equipment or trinkets, not just to be able to advance to the next puzzle. The other Facebook games you reference use the special items more so than they do the limiting of advancement without payment. Unfortunately without another option (whether it's an amount of time or another tedious quest) I don't see myself sticking with this game, which is a shame. Make the game fun and entertaining, and the benefits of paying money an option to further enhance your players enjoyment, not a requirement.
Lvl 149 "Hobby Fisher"
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 4:35 PM
Last Edited April 20th 2012 at 5:02 PM
Maggie Mayhem
What about adding the option of buying gate unlocks with DJArts tokens?

...even if it's costly, or takes a fews days' gameplay per unlock, it gives an option for those of us whose friends don't play _this_ game.

I have a friend who plays BW religiously who didn't bother to help with 'Share the Wealth' for months, so it's not even about disliking asking - his playstyle differs from mine, he doesn't look _in_ menus, I dislike posting to my feed... He hasn't responded to my invite yet, so I don't know if he'll play BW2. He's also the ONLY friend I have who plays BW currently, of about 6 who started to... so my odds aren't looking good for ever finishing this content.

I'll play as far as I can, then quit. I'm on a Disability pension, and cannot afford to do otherwise. I also won't friend random people just to play, unless you find a way to do it that doesn't add them to my friends list - that's reserved for people I actually know. (Zynga is starting to do this with farmville... or so it claims - maybe a 'make a friend' side quest for Sasha?)

(Mods feel free to move this to a 'friends required'-type discussion thread if you wish. It was not my intention to thread-jack with the above)
Lvl 60 "Receiver of Quest Rewards!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 4:43 PM
Gareth 'swanny' Swan
im glad sum of u players can add friends i click the option and dont get a thing not even a thing comes up sayin to add them i've got friends that i can help but they cant help me how the hell am i ment to do level 2 is where the log is blocking the road without buying more coins if this is the new way of doing this then i will be join the others on not play this one and i will stop playin the other and block both games which is a shame coz it is a gud game both the old one and the new one come on get this sorted out please before u lost players :(
Lvl 113 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 8:47 PM
Drink Moxie
forcing players to add friends so they can unlock main area's of the games is just wrong i can see like in BW1 where they had side quests where friends are needed but not main story stuff. i don't like being that asshole who annoy's his friends with constant game request's and i don't want to plop down 10 bucks every few day's so i can get to a new field. I understand players buying bushbucks helps support the makers but it's unfair to the players if they have to keep paying money just to play the game if you are gonna do that add a bushwackers club cheat like i buy a membership i get free pass through the locked zones
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 9:27 PM
Jen Lyons
I don't really mind asking friends (occasionally) to unlock things. Especially things like the friend gates in BW1, which weren't crucial to the actual store. But so far it's been 3 gates in just this one area, so I imagine we're looking at three gates per area and maybe more. And there's really nothing to do while you wait for the gate to unlock, because so far the quests don't take long and there aren't any sidequests going on in other regions. Also, the friend gates in BW1 let the same friend help you more than once, you just had to be patient, because it could take days. Here, it has to all be unique friends.
Lvl 430 "Professional Bush Whacker"
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 12:17 PM
Michelle Jones
I agree with everyone about having to rely on friends to unlock area's, I don't like adding FB friends just for games, that is why I started playing BW1. so why not have a BW inside buddy system, a way to help other players without having to FB friend request them.
Lvl 300 "Expert Bush Whacker"
27 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 4:40 PM
Steven Lerch
Jen you I have played for 3 days and you have the same issue they should allow a friend to help more than once on fence a lot of my friends don't play games so i have to do the same hope they fix it so you can help a person more than once. The other problem i have is i wish it could save to my computer cause it takes to long to load sometimes and i use firefox
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 5:04 PM
Jen Lyons
Yeah, being able to have a friend help more than once (with a 20 or 24 hour cooldown between "helps") was nice, because though I had plenty of BW1 friends, a lot had completed the game and didn't check in unless there was new content, and of course, lots of people can't play every day because they're busy with work or school or family, so I only had a few truly active friends.

I also agree on the load time. I did tell Adobe to go ahead and download the graphics to my computer, it appeared to work, and it still takes forever to load.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 11:30 PM
Greg Miller
its not going to change. thanks for the first bushwhacker, I'm not going to request people and it doesn't seem like the producers will change. another one hits the dust. level nine and i can go further because i lack friends and don't have money to purchase points. Time to go back to x box 360 or wow.
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 11:33 PM
Shane Johns
Sounds like all the same complaints that were discussed in BW1. Most seem to have forgotten that BW1 had gates as well that required friend requests to open.

You get a few free bucks when you play. Use them to open the gates if you choose not to invite.
Lvl 57 "Loves The Developers"
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 12:13 AM
Daniel Wieczorek
@Shane-Yeah, but ones with friends required were just additional places, with no quests or anything.
There we have MAIN fields with request required
Lvl 241 "Loves The Developers"
142 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 1:17 PM
Erin Sayers
I have to say I am one of those players who dosn't mind adding many friends, but that could just be because I am working to enter the gaming industry and playing these kinds of games is a great way to do research. Have any of you though of just creating a new profile just for the game and adding "game friends" there. That way you don't need to give out a lot info about yourself. The messages from friends are super easy to pick up just click the little message box next to your friends list in game. If you don't want to add friends to open gates then just work for level ups and the free buck that goes with it. Yes this means several level ups per gate but it is free and no friends required