Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 145 - March 25th, 2024
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 11th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday March 25th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th at 3:01 AM
Last Edited March 22nd at 12:32 AM
Russel Denton
1- a few players would like to see the pot of gold/rainbow quest for st Pats event pop up more frequently, at the moment, it's frequency is bad, a player said that they had the pot of gold quest and the robbers quests from misty and more robbers popped up than pot of golds/rainbows did

2- Mini golf course idea, can we have it that we move the pointer where we want to putt, not click for it to stop,

3- GOLF PIECE IDEA'S

- a scorpion golf piece - we could putt the ball up the scorpions tail, and it
would curl it to make it continue like the rainbow piece does

- Tarantula golf piece - its pincers/fangs could stop or let the ball through

- Python/snake or even cobra with hood out golf piece - basically like the
scorpion idea

- Stegosaurus golf piece - again like the scorpion idea but it goes along the
back of the stegosaurus

4- Natalie deserves her own birthday event or even mini event, its only fair that she get's one, like her brother

5- someone posted an idea about turning, one of the underwater zones into a hub, i think thats a great idea, here is some of my own suggestions:

RANCH ITEMS

- Stromberg's lair from THE SPY WHO LOVED ME - Atlantis
- whale bones/shark bones
- Coral

CUSTOMISATION ITEMS

HATS -

-shark head mask
-stingray head mask

SWORDS

- Golden trident - yes we have a trident but its not gold
- Coral sword
- Shark tooth sword
- crab pincer sword-and make it like our hands are the pincers

CAPES

- Manta/Sting Ray flaps sort of like the butterfly wing cape
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th at 6:29 AM
someoneeee
Hi nick
i am excited that my last suggestion is approved from future updates!(about aquatic stuff) i have idea in my mind that would benefit for everyone i think

pet and mount sets like trinket sets,along with trinket set you should also get your pet/mount on that set you have made,for example i am using mana set along with pet and mount that has double mana wins,along with trinket set that has to do with mana bonus set,this should be less tempting when you have to search to find pets and mounts that would benefit the bonus

about the aquatic update:i have some suggestions,fishing spots where you can fish stuff,although not very exciting it would be interesting as relaxtion,some interesting seaworthy mounts should be the giant seahorse,a sea turtle and a submarine perhaps,i can patiently wait for that

-someoneeee
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th at 10:27 AM
JKNAI91
just going off the submarine mount idea, I'd love a yellow submarine ;)
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th at 9:12 AM
Banemax
Hi people!
I haven't played more than 10 days, and I cann't load game... I've changed pass, but stil nothing - "Failed for unknown reason" is on screen. Any tips what can I do?

Best regards to all in Bushwhackia!
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th at 9:23 AM
someoneeee
I am expierencing this too maybe for everyone too but hopefully this can be resolved
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th at 12:56 PM
Banemax
It works now!
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th at 8:31 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
From silverwolf
I wish the rainbow hair style from st patricks day was a color rather than a style so I could wear hats
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:02 PM
Last Edited April 22nd at 1:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- a few players would like to see the pot of gold/rainbow quest for st Pats event pop up more frequently, at the moment, it's frequency is bad, a player said that they had the pot of gold quest and the robbers quests from misty and more robbers popped up than pot of golds/rainbows did

2- Mini golf course idea, can we have it that we move the pointer where we want to putt, not click for it to stop,

3- GOLF PIECE IDEA'S

- a scorpion golf piece - we could putt the ball up the scorpions tail, and it
would curl it to make it continue like the rainbow piece does

- Tarantula golf piece - its pincers/fangs could stop or let the ball through

- Python/snake or even cobra with hood out golf piece - basically like the
scorpion idea

- Stegosaurus golf piece - again like the scorpion idea but it goes along the
back of the stegosaurus

4- Natalie deserves her own birthday event or even mini event, its only fair that she get's one, like her brother

5- someone posted an idea about turning, one of the underwater zones into a hub, i think thats a great idea, here is some of my own suggestions:

RANCH ITEMS

- Stromberg's lair from THE SPY WHO LOVED ME - Atlantis
- whale bones/shark bones
- Coral

CUSTOMISATION ITEMS

HATS -

-shark head mask
-stingray head mask

SWORDS

- Golden trident - yes we have a trident but its not gold
- Coral sword
- Shark tooth sword
- crab pincer sword-and make it like our hands are the pincers

CAPES

- Manta/Sting Ray flaps sort of like the butterfly wing cape

1) The spawn rate for event quests and other daily quests may not be the same way intentionally, but I'll note down to review this quest's spawn rate next year.

2) Timing the putter direction is part of the skill of BW2's mini golf, and I'm aware other golf games do things differently to different effects. Some better control over the putting direction might fit BW2's gameplay better, so I'll note this down to consider at least.

3) Very cool mini golf piece suggestions! I'll note those down to consider for future updates.

4) Nate's a very big part of BW2! I would like to add some Natalie adventures too. After some of those perhaps she'd have the pomp her brother does and would warrant her own bday event. The other issue is fitting another full bday even into the production schedule! Which month would it go in and what existing event would it replace?

5) I'll add these to the other underwater region suggestions! Very good.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
someoneeee wrote:

Hi nick
i am excited that my last suggestion is approved from future updates!(about aquatic stuff) i have idea in my mind that would benefit for everyone i think

pet and mount sets like trinket sets,along with trinket set you should also get your pet/mount on that set you have made,for example i am using mana set along with pet and mount that has double mana wins,along with trinket set that has to do with mana bonus set,this should be less tempting when you have to search to find pets and mounts that would benefit the bonus

about the aquatic update:i have some suggestions,fishing spots where you can fish stuff,although not very exciting it would be interesting as relaxtion,some interesting seaworthy mounts should be the giant seahorse,a sea turtle and a submarine perhaps,i can patiently wait for that

-someoneeee

I actually flip-flopped a bit on whether to include the pet and mount in the trinket set, as they also provide bonuses! Adding a search for the pet/mount select would help for sure.

Those are good options for water mounts to find while fishing! The Michin Serpent is already a very cool mount, but I'll consider adding more in future updates.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
JKNAI91 wrote:

just going off the submarine mount idea, I'd love a yellow submarine ;)

A Yellow Submarine is already on our list! :D
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Banemax wrote:

Hi people!
I haven't played more than 10 days, and I cann't load game... I've changed pass, but stil nothing - "Failed for unknown reason" is on screen. Any tips what can I do?

Best regards to all in Bushwhackia!

someoneeee wrote:
I am expierencing this too maybe for everyone too but hopefully this can be resolved

We were experiencing server issues Sunday morning that were resolved several hours later. Sorry for the inconvenience!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

From silverwolf
I wish the rainbow hair style from st patricks day was a color rather than a style so I could wear hats

That would be very cool! Unfortunately, I think the way hairstyles are implemented make a rainbow hairstyle difficult or prohibitive.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 25th at 1:59 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!