Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 143 - February 26th, 2024
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 12th at 3:26 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday February 26th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th at 8:47 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hi nick Can we get another path to kaine place maybe from the back maybe between the skyscrapper and kaines place just seems like alot of work to get to kaine the normal when when from the back would be easier but thats me.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th at 3:18 AM
Aelendril
So, in 2020 (that was when I started) I didn't get all the pet pieces from events cause I didn't do em all, and the earliest I couldn't finish.

Now 4 years later I am still missing pieces (forgot to buy the Nat's bd one :'( )
Am I out of luck and have to hope I'll get it next year or is there a way to get a special shop (maybe in flux) to purchase these?
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th at 3:23 AM
Aelendril
Me again!
I'd love an overhaul of Misty's.
I'm thinking when you want to hatch an egg instead of being lines of text to click back and forth when picking one you'd get 2 choices :
-go get a new egg in bushes
-say you already have one, it which case it would open a menu looking like PAGAS' pet progress where you'd get cases containing the eggs you own, with option to filter by category, rarity, specials first... and a tooltip upon overing with cursor that would say how many times you've hatched this egg
(I'd make an exemple, but I don't think we can post pictures here)

cheers o/

(oh boi, I forgot to say "hi Nick")

Hi Nick :D
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th at 9:07 AM
Vegan1964
Please consider adding a teleporter to the City of Rocksmashers. I go every few days for the puzzles. I also like Aelendril's suggestion regarding Misty's.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 18th at 4:59 PM
Last Edited February 25th at 2:56 AM
Russel Denton
1- so a few players have expressed idea's in having some crops give mana/power, which i agree,

so i have been working on how that could happen, and keep the game balanced still,

here is what i have come up

CROPS FOR POWER

- Sweet Potato
- Barley
- Hazelnut
- Chick peas
- Walnut

CROPS FOR MANA

- Peanuts
- Macadamia
- Almond
- Cashew
- Pistachio

so each crop will start at 0.5 percent

each time you level them up it will go like this

level 1 - 1%

level 2 - 1.5%

level 3 - 2%

level 4 - 2.5%

level 5 - 3%

level 6 - 3.5%

level 7 - 4%

level 8 - 4.5%

level 9 - 5%

level 10 - 6%

so each time you level crops up you will just 1 ( or whatever number it's at) small vial of mana/power which gives 1 mana/power anyway, and the halves will add up too , so no mana/power will be lost when received/harvesting crops.

i tried to make this fair for everyone,

2- we have the ability to change stats on our mounts, could we have the ability to swap pets attributes like we do mounts, perhaps and it would cost us gems

3- so we have the ability to buy fishing bait in large quantities, so could we perhaps have the same option for buying stuff from the store when we are decorating ranches instead of tediously placing the item as we buy it, why not allow us to buy it in big lots and it goes straight to our inventory, allowing us to lay it out when we are ready

4- can you put the energy bush, power bush and mana bush in the store for our ranch please
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th at 1:36 PM
Last Edited February 20th at 9:14 PM
WhackedCrafter
I REALLY wished there was a "sell" or "exchange" powder vials option available. I don't use the green or purple EVER and I have such a surplus of each. You have this option for most of everything else but not on the vials. I've asked for this option for YEARS and YEARS, as with many other requests.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th at 8:22 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Or be able to send those powders to other players.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 20th at 9:18 PM
WhackedCrafter
@Matthew Kilparchuk I had, also, given that as an option but was told it would put the game out of balance by having players getting vials when they shouldn't be yet.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 23rd at 9:40 AM
Aelendril
I feel some events are not as balanced as others, generally on the vip track, I can get the bb somewhat easily by whacking a bit here and there every day(with 40% extra event drop), but for valentines it took a lot of energy packs to reach 3000.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 25th at 12:09 AM
WhackedCrafter
I wished we could have a qty slot when sending more than 1 Gift Basket to the same player. I trade GB with a couple of players & having to send 1 GB at a time becomes tedious, especially if I'm trading 8 GB to the same player.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:01 PM
Last Edited April 22nd at 1:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:01 PM
WhackedCrafter
hi
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:03 PM
Last Edited February 26th at 2:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hi nick Can we get another path to kaine place maybe from the back maybe between the skyscrapper and kaines place just seems like alot of work to get to kaine the normal when when from the back would be easier but thats me.

Kaine's office is a bit out of the way, true. However, as you don't often need to visit there, so I don't think there's much benefit in adding a shortcut elsewhere at this time.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

So, in 2020 (that was when I started) I didn't get all the pet pieces from events cause I didn't do em all, and the earliest I couldn't finish.

Now 4 years later I am still missing pieces (forgot to buy the Nat's bd one :'( )
Am I out of luck and have to hope I'll get it next year or is there a way to get a special shop (maybe in flux) to purchase these?

At this time, event rewards are only sold during the events each year. Some holiday items can be found in the Holiday Enthusiast merchant store on Amicus, but the 2020 pet pieces aren't among them. I will consider adding more event items to the enthusiasts store.

In the meantime, feel free to make a support ticket. I could maybe manually purchase Nate's pet piece on your account.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Me again!
I'd love an overhaul of Misty's.
I'm thinking when you want to hatch an egg instead of being lines of text to click back and forth when picking one you'd get 2 choices :
-go get a new egg in bushes
-say you already have one, it which case it would open a menu looking like PAGAS' pet progress where you'd get cases containing the eggs you own, with option to filter by category, rarity, specials first... and a tooltip upon overing with cursor that would say how many times you've hatched this egg
(I'd make an exemple, but I don't think we can post pictures here)

cheers o/

(oh boi, I forgot to say "hi Nick")

Hi Nick :D

I see what you mean, and agree Misty's hatching quests could be re-done to require less chat actions. I'll note this down to consider for a future update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Please consider adding a teleporter to the City of Rocksmashers. I go every few days for the puzzles. I also like Aelendril's suggestion regarding Misty's.

It does make sense to add a Port-Co. teleporter to the City of the Rocksmashers, since the recurring puzzles are there. I've noted this down to consider for a future update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:26 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- so a few players have expressed idea's in having some crops give mana/power, which i agree,

so i have been working on how that could happen, and keep the game balanced still,

here is what i have come up

CROPS FOR POWER

- Sweet Potato
- Barley
- Hazelnut
- Chick peas
- Walnut

CROPS FOR MANA

- Peanuts
- Macadamia
- Almond
- Cashew
- Pistachio

so each crop will start at 0.5 percent

each time you level them up it will go like this

level 1 - 1%

level 2 - 1.5%

level 3 - 2%

level 4 - 2.5%

level 5 - 3%

level 6 - 3.5%

level 7 - 4%

level 8 - 4.5%

level 9 - 5%

level 10 - 6%

so each time you level crops up you will just 1 ( or whatever number it's at) small vial of mana/power which gives 1 mana/power anyway, and the halves will add up too , so no mana/power will be lost when received/harvesting crops.

i tried to make this fair for everyone,

2- we have the ability to change stats on our mounts, could we have the ability to swap pets attributes like we do mounts, perhaps and it would cost us gems

3- so we have the ability to buy fishing bait in large quantities, so could we perhaps have the same option for buying stuff from the store when we are decorating ranches instead of tediously placing the item as we buy it, why not allow us to buy it in big lots and it goes straight to our inventory, allowing us to lay it out when we are ready

4- can you put the energy bush, power bush and mana bush in the store for our ranch please

1) Having the mana/power crops start at 1 Mana/Power to 6 doesn't seem too bad. We can't exactly award half vials given the way your Mana/Power bars work. Regarding the crop suggestions, I wouldn't want to mix the mount feeds with crops (peanuts, barley, etc). Otherwise this is an alright idea! I'll keep it in mind for a future update.

2) I get the convenience of wanting to swap levels between pets, but if we were to add it, it would likely be another PAGAS augments costing DNA.

3) Yes, there are a few improvements the Ranch could use to make decorating easier. Buying decorations in batches could certainly be one of them! I'll note it down.

4) I'll consider allowing multiple special energy/mana/power bushes.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

I REALLY wished there was a "sell" or "exchange" powder vials option available. I don't use the green or purple EVER and I have such a surplus of each. You have this option for most of everything else but not on the vials. I've asked for this option for YEARS and YEARS, as with many other requests.

The ability to trade Rune Powders for different kinds is something I'm considering for a perk for certified Alchrafters! Perhaps in the next quality of life update.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 26th at 2:28 PM
WhackedCrafter
ok, on vials