Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 141 - January 29th, 2024
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 3:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday January 29th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 6:23 PM
Last Edited January 29th at 12:42 AM
Matthew Kliparchuk
So last Q&A there was talk about adding a bar to the commons just to build to that pun intended. Instead of adding a new building add a basement to the skyscrapper think cheers and make it cheers themed or make it cusomizable each one is customizeable and we can visit other peoples bar.

Hi nick since valentines event is around the corner was wondering what we can expect afterward explorers or daily hub or something else.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 16th at 9:08 AM
Horsedancer1
Run Fast feature. This works great to just move around, but if you click on a person with a ! the little character slows to about 1/2 speed. It also slows down on Amicus Is when finding things. Is there a way to keep the speed faster? Thanks.
Also I am not interested in adding a bar and would not use it. Thanks!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 22nd at 4:51 PM
Russel Denton
Just a few idea's

1- Only using the horses we get from Clint, what if we could cross breed them, and make other types of horses perhaps,

2- same as idea above, but we could cross breed some of our crops to make better crops
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 28th at 11:08 AM
BarbZak
??? I would like to get the clydes dale horses..still.. ????

I agree no bar for me either..no use for it..
IMO
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th at 2:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

So last Q&A there was talk about adding a bar to the commons just to build to that pun intended. Instead of adding a new building add a basement to the skyscrapper think cheers and make it cheers themed or make it cusomizable each one is customizeable and we can visit other peoples bar.

Hi nick since valentines event is around the corner was wondering what we can expect afterward explorers or daily hub or something else.

Oooh, a bar in the skyscraper is a fun idea! It would be great to allow players to customize it too. I'll note it down to consider.

The next piece of permanent content in the works is the Prismatic Passage quest hub. After that, we'll look at a quality of life update, then finish the Explorer's League.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th at 2:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1 wrote:

Run Fast feature. This works great to just move around, but if you click on a person with a ! the little character slows to about 1/2 speed. It also slows down on Amicus Is when finding things. Is there a way to keep the speed faster? Thanks.
Also I am not interested in adding a bar and would not use it. Thanks!

Run speed slowing down when you click an object has been commented on before. I'll update the priority accordingly.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th at 2:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Just a few idea's

1- Only using the horses we get from Clint, what if we could cross breed them, and make other types of horses perhaps,

2- same as idea above, but we could cross breed some of our crops to make better crops

1/2) Crossbreeding is a very captivating idea, and would certainly allow for some complexity. The typical solution would require a lot of art assets drawn, for each possible combination. With out 9 horse breeds we'd have to draw 36 new horses to account for the unique combinations. It's not insurmountable, but we'd have to plan it carefully. Similarly so for the crops.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

??? I would like to get the clydes dale horses..still.. ????

I agree no bar for me either..no use for it..
IMO

Clydesdales are on our list for future horse breeds!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 29th at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!