Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 140 - January 15th, 2024
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd at 3:06 PM
Last Edited January 2nd at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday January 15th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 2nd at 6:57 PM
Last Edited January 5th at 5:08 PM
Hongkongelder1130
howdy nick

just an idea from me and my experience with the four companion pet companions from the current gen ultra DNA level: I bought the red cockatoo for 18.00 US. Then, I looked over the fire fly swarm and the other albino lizard which I bought outright but then, I spied the black cock roach for 18.00 US and i couldn't believe my eyes. I saw cock roaches all over Hong Kong. I even ate them and i couldn't believe you wanted us to pay 18.00 US for the privilege of having one follow us around. You must be sick. Demented, I say. lol--- some good person in-game however, bought me one, but I thought of all the other players out there who were going to have to divy up 18.00 dollars for the black protege. THIS where I say make it eligible to break DOWN a gold DNA for two purple OR a gold for four purple----something like that maybe more (have i got this right nick or is it the other way around? lol my mind has skipped a beat and i cant think clearly! nick you do the numbera okay im not a dev) lol'---your choice but make it FAIR just a thought---food for thought

I know gold DNA is supposed to be super special ----But c'mon, a black cockroach is ultra special? How many ultra special cockroaches have you eaten lately? HKE
1 Post
Link to post - Posted January 3rd at 5:59 PM
Hacknash
Hi Nick! I know this is not a bushwhacker question and you can decline to answer, but I wondered if there are going to be more coloring sheets for the idle heroes and perhaps the Bushwhacker NPCs? Nate Dragon coloring page!!
I know that the coloring sheets were for 2020 but my kids & I really enjoyed coloring our way thru the heroes and villains and thought it was going to be a "once in a blue moon" kind of thing to drum up interest for the next slate of characters.
Thanks again!!
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted January 8th at 10:49 PM
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th at 9:07 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

I know it's a little early in the year, but just a little food for thought if you plan out your event rewards a few months ahead of time.

Since the Summer Sports and Patriot events have been alternating each year we have missed out on two 100% completion rewards: The 2021 Sports Mannequin Base and the 2023 Sports duck.
This year, the Summer Sports is due to return, and I'm wondering if you could possibly add those 2 items to the event store.

Also is there any chance you could add more mannequins (with the basic round base) to the Amicus Wandering Merchants store? With 4 areas to decorate, it would be handy to have a few more.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 7th at 2:06 PM
Vegan1964
Have you thought of adding of extra badges for the Jr Bushwhacker event? Like fire safety-collect smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, fire escape plans when sighting Nate, etc or basket making-collecting vines, twigs, grass and instruction manuals.
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted January 8th at 10:37 PM
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 8th at 7:49 PM
Last Edited January 9th at 10:41 AM
Hongkongelder1130
One of the players was saying he wondered when a coppers of the collectors was going to be coming around I hope sometime soon I want to see those pets and mounts---- put a dragon in with the pets from the lgbtq+ bunch : there are also two dragons from that set that look like them that are from earlier releases ---the rainbow serpent and the pride dragon ---I like dragons
You could toss them into the bag too lol HKE This is really a fun game!!!

I was noticing that pagas pet progress was behind two pets the purple Purporok and the Scarlet Fairy Nick it is amazing how you generally keep up with this lol

I think you should give eveyone a diamond just because I think you did that once and it was sure nice! HKE

We should build "Belles diner and saloon" right outside of sanctuary to the west between the forks in the trails and i encourage a makeover on the welcome to sanctuary sign HKE :D Keep those ideas flying ---(Youve lost that lovin feelin woah oh that lovin feelin Youve lost that lovin feelin NOW ITS GONE GONE GONE WOE OH OH) yep saloon definately needs a jukebox :D
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted January 8th at 10:35 PM
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th at 2:34 AM
Last Edited January 12th at 6:27 PM
Russel Denton
Just a few idea's, it won't be as long as a romance novel like last weeks lol

1- could we have perhaps, have the different pet treats put on/in the merchant that has pets etc please, and brought for either gems or gold

2- the mana/power bags, could they be available perhaps on AI merchants,and use gems/gold to buy them perhaps

3- i know HongKongElder1130 has suggested this, at the top but i also suggested this last year or so,
could we have the ability to downgrade unique DNA to the purple one, it is not a game changer,

4- i know this is a touchy subject etc, but i came up with an idea of what to do with the carousel things we got one year as a final reward for events

- at the carnival event, we can go to the person with the CI's, and they could say like
"i notice you have some carousel rides from 2017 ( whatever year they appeared), if you want we can turn them into some pretty for your ranch" you hand in the carousel items, and get a miniature/medium sized carousel to put on our ranch,

like this one perhaps

https://mrchristmas.com/collections/carousels-1

5- seeing how the event completion reward is a tree, for the christmas event, instead of a xmas tree ( Due to that we have plenty already), what about a xmas palm tree, a little nod to Home Alone 2 (true fans will know what i mean)

just a thought
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th at 2:41 AM
Aelendril
Howdy, could it be possible to set favorite crops at ranch?
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 9th at 11:36 AM
davepagsny
Hi Nick,

Would it be possible to get a dialogue from the NPC at the various fishing holes around Bushwhackia showing if you have fished up the ranch and customization items available there? I believe it was done for the spot at the Christmas Event.

Thanks, Dave
Post by davepagsny deleted January 9th at 12:32 PM
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th at 3:03 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Recently thought of something. Event MC, Tamela Tiva (Coppers of the Creature Collector), has on occasion, featured caddies and other vehicles in her mini events. I was thinking of three choppers (motorcycles with stretched out front forks), where they bounce like the caddies or not would be up to you and Georgia, but one black with flames on the tank, one blue, and one either red, mint green, or possibly one chrome/silver.

Anyways, it's just an idea I thought to share. Bonuses...you decide.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th at 8:56 AM
AquireWhite
Nick,
It has been brought to the attention of many player, that one or more players are streaming the BW2 game on social media. While this is fine, there are concerns about the games Chat is being included in these streams. At times there are "private" conversations which could be included.

My question is, should it be required for the chat window to be disabled during streams?
218 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 14th at 7:29 AM
tgcougar
What's the difference between a non-player and a player reading chat? If you don't want it out there, don't post it in the first place.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 2:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1130 wrote:

howdy nick

just an idea from me and my experience with the four companion pet companions from the current gen ultra DNA level: I bought the red cockatoo for 18.00 US. Then, I looked over the fire fly swarm and the other albino lizard which I bought outright but then, I spied the black cock roach for 18.00 US and i couldn't believe my eyes. I saw cock roaches all over Hong Kong. I even ate them and i couldn't believe you wanted us to pay 18.00 US for the privilege of having one follow us around. You must be sick. Demented, I say. lol--- some good person in-game however, bought me one, but I thought of all the other players out there who were going to have to divy up 18.00 dollars for the black protege. THIS where I say make it eligible to break DOWN a gold DNA for two purple OR a gold for four purple----something like that maybe more (have i got this right nick or is it the other way around? lol my mind has skipped a beat and i cant think clearly! nick you do the numbera okay im not a dev) lol'---your choice but make it FAIR just a thought---food for thought

I know gold DNA is supposed to be super special ----But c'mon, a black cockroach is ultra special? How many ultra special cockroaches have you eaten lately? HKE

Wow, you've eaten a cockroach?! Was it roasted and seasoned like they do crickets in some places?

Trading down Unique DNA is on my list still, and I'm seriously considering it for the next quality of life update that ought to drop sometime after the Prismatic Quest Hub.

Thank you for sharing your feedback!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 2:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hacknash wrote:

Hi Nick! I know this is not a bushwhacker question and you can decline to answer, but I wondered if there are going to be more coloring sheets for the idle heroes and perhaps the Bushwhacker NPCs? Nate Dragon coloring page!!
I know that the coloring sheets were for 2020 but my kids & I really enjoyed coloring our way thru the heroes and villains and thought it was going to be a "once in a blue moon" kind of thing to drum up interest for the next slate of characters.
Thanks again!!

So glad to hear you and your kids enjoyed colouring the sheets for Crusaders and BW2! I don't know if Idle Champions has done colouring sheets, but Crusaders did a lot but unfortunately that project has been sunset, so there will unlikely be any more from it.

We were doing them fairly regularly for BW2 when the stream started, generally of pets, but we weren't finding enough engagement to warrant the extra effort of creating the sheets, which is why we haven't done one in a while. I'll consider asking Georgia for one every now and again for special occasions. Maybe one for the Prismatic Quest Hub?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 15th at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

I know it's a little early in the year, but just a little food for thought if you plan out your event rewards a few months ahead of time.

Since the Summer Sports and Patriot events have been alternating each year we have missed out on two 100% completion rewards: The 2021 Sports Mannequin Base and the 2023 Sports duck.
This year, the Summer Sports is due to return, and I'm wondering if you could possibly add those 2 items to the event store.

Also is there any chance you could add more mannequins (with the basic round base) to the Amicus Wandering Merchants store? With 4 areas to decorate, it would be handy to have a few more.

Both fair suggestions! I'll consider adding the Sports/Patriot 100% rewards to each other's stores, or perhaps to the Holiday Enthusiast merchant. I've also noted to consider adding more basic mannequins.