Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 137 - November 27th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th at 3:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday November 27th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th at 11:56 AM
Vegan1964
Are there any future plans to allow decorating in the Commons? I'd like to be able to put up garlands and other decorations for Christmas.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd at 10:43 PM
Last Edited November 26th at 2:48 PM
Russel Denton
1- with all these codes from twitch, can you base the rewards off of players levels because veteran players do not really need XP or topazes, just does not seem worthwhile, that's all, coming from a veteran player view point that's all

2- with christmas around the corner, I was researching and found Australia has a spider dubbed the chirstmas spider..here’s the link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austracantha

it would be cool if it was a xmas pet perhaps, in the xmas event

3- so in the game so far, we can upgrade gems and pet treats, what if we could also upgrade mount feed from small to large, it would work just like pet treats perhaps
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:03 PM
mlmcc52
The butterfly mini-event requires a lot of energy to get the flowers. The drop rate is very slow. That is probably fine for the first 100. To get the second 100 there needs to be an increase in the drop rate.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Are there any future plans to allow decorating in the Commons? I'd like to be able to put up garlands and other decorations for Christmas.

Decorating the Commons has been suggested before! Unfortunately it would be a fair bit of work to allow players to decorate the Commons. Some limited decorations might be possible, like a big tree, but I'll have to see what we have time for.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- with all these codes from twitch, can you base the rewards off of players levels because veteran players do not really need XP or topazes, just does not seem worthwhile, that's all, coming from a veteran player view point that's all

2- with christmas around the corner, I was researching and found Australia has a spider dubbed the chirstmas spider..here’s the link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austracantha

it would be cool if it was a xmas pet perhaps, in the xmas event

3- so in the game so far, we can upgrade gems and pet treats, what if we could also upgrade mount feed from small to large, it would work just like pet treats perhaps

1) The rewards are Quester's Satchels, like the ones you get for daily quests. That being said, I'll consider reviewing the drop rates for the satchels.

2) I think I can get how it got its name. The Christmas Spider looks like a scary ornament!

3) You can upgrade your Mount Feeds in a roundabout way by selling the Small Feeds for Mount Bucks and buying Large Feeds with them. I understand there could be an easier method, but I'm not certain it's worth the dev time given there's already a way to do it that I don't think is too much effort.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

The butterfly mini-event requires a lot of energy to get the flowers. The drop rate is very slow. That is probably fine for the first 100. To get the second 100 there needs to be an increase in the drop rate.

Understood. The Rare Flowers were originally balanced to be more challenging for veteran players, as there were easier butterfly options for lower level players. However, as we've ran this limited-time quest enough times that folks can feasibly get every butterfly, I'll consider rebalancing the Rare Flowers to allow lower level players to attain the later rare butterflies.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:36 PM
mlmcc52
Is there a list of the butterflies any where in the blogs?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Is there a list of the butterflies any where in the blogs?

I don't believe so. The blogs only mention how many there are to collect, not which ones.

You can find them in the PAGAS Pet Progress under "Misc" though.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 2:50 PM
mlmcc52
Which is the last to appear. I have 6 in the commons but I the names don't appear when you hover. I have collected 5 so there is at least 1 available that I don't have
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 3:02 PM
Flybaby
@mlmcc52
Here is the wiki link that shows all the butterflys
https://bushwhacker2.fandom.com/wiki/Butterfly_Garden_Gathering
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Which is the last to appear. I have 6 in the commons but I the names don't appear when you hover. I have collected 5 so there is at least 1 available that I don't have

Here are the butterflies and their unlock requirement:

Butterfly / Unlock
Red Butterfly / Sunning Rocks Quest
Purple Butterfly / Puddling Sand Quest
Cinnabar Butterfly / 25 Rare Flowers
Pink Butterfly / 50 Rare Flowers
Malachite Butterfly / 75 Rare Flowers
Rosy Moth / 100 Rare Flowers
Rainbow Butterfly / 200 Rare Flowers
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 27th at 3:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!