Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 136 - November 15th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 2:03 PM
Last Edited November 14th at 4:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday November 15th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
28 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 4th at 5:35 PM
ikini
Any chance that we could someday feed pet treats to pets not equipped?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 5th at 12:15 PM
Last Edited November 14th at 6:34 PM
Russel Denton
1- So 1 or 2 players have requested that we have some new years eve stuff to decorate our ranch etc, so I came up with this idea.

So in Junior whacker event we have that quest where we whack Emerald Ash Borers, and such and get special currency to buy stuff from Julia, so….

What if we had a NPC named Nua eve show up in the xmas event area ( after 1 week), dressed like they are in new years stuff ( sparkler, hat etc) , and like Julia we have do a repeatable quest each day

The quests would be that we have to find:

1- 50 new years eve banners
2- 50 new years eve fireworks
3- 50 bottles of bubbly

And when you have done each quest you get 5 special tokens and even unlocking a achievement, doing all 3 quests for the npc

Items in the npc’s shop
- New years eve banner
- New years eve glasses
- New years eve gnome #1 baby new years gnome
- New years eve gnome #2 Father time gnome

NOTE - if you can't do the whole npc thing this year, could you add the new years ranch items perhaps, and do the npc thing next year

2- Halloween event - what if we had a haunted mansion decorating competition, BUT the developers have to decorate a mansion each, and WE players get to vote who's is best

3- New zone idea's -
- a fairytale zone, with npc's based off of fairytales
- we need another underwater zone, but this time, make it based off of, the depths
of the ocean, like marina trench etc
- outer space zone - npc's could be based off of real people who went on the moon or
helped with the 'space race' etc, and also have some npc's base doff of movie
aliens etc too or characters
- a zone based off, of famous world landmarks both man-made and natural
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 6th at 10:57 PM
Last Edited November 7th at 5:11 PM
Hongkongelder1130
@ Russ
What no noise makers confetti streamers ----gotta have them hke
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th at 8:17 AM
Last Edited November 12th at 2:04 AM
Flybaby
@Russel ... Those are fun quest ideas. And thanks for posting a reminder for New Years Eve items. Those items have been on my "Wish List" for a long time.

@Nick ... I'd be happy just to have a few New Years items added to the Christmas event store without a new quest so we can have the items in time to ring in the New Year, (and without the year 2024 written on them so we can use them from year to year).

My wish list for the Christmas event store (in addition to "Baby New year Gnome," "Father Time Gnome;" "Happy New Year Banner) are:
Gold Sparkly Balloons, Streamers, Noise Makers, and maybe a NY Party Hat (although we can make do with other party hats we have in our inventories if we need to).
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th at 9:17 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,
A few players have asked if the CNE BW2 team reached their Extra Life Fundraiser goal this year, and will there be any reward incentives this year for players as in previous years?
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 7th at 2:53 PM
Last Edited November 11th at 10:33 PM
Hongkongelder1130
for NEW years they should even have a FOOTBALL PET with eyes that we can buy---also with RANCH ITEMS a rose bowl trophy, a cotton bowl trophy, and an orange bowl trophy ; and there could be all sorts of treats we could buy for our pets and mount treats to help us raise their levels ---a mount and companion smorgasbord...finger foods for pets and mounts! just an idea

and for us you passed GO! And made it to a new year!

so ___ a LARGE PACKAGE full of goodies:

gems, tokens, seeds, powders, ---all the things a bushwhacker covets. ect.

turn the new year into something to really celebrate! hke
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 8th at 1:12 PM
Last Edited November 12th at 1:46 AM
Flybaby
@ Nick ...

1) I'm not sure if you've already done this, but I thought it was worth a mention. Could give players a warning that their runes are maxed out(200) when turning in the Thanksgiving Rune Quest. In the past, if Players are maxed out, they didn't get the Rune that they crafted, losing out on their quest reward. I think it may also affect the Easter Rune quest.
*Derringer in the Spring Thicket gives you a warning if you have reached your limit of 200 un-socketed runes, so I thought you would be able to do the same with the Easter and Thanksgiving Rune quests.

2) Also ... a reminder of something I asked about last year, since the Christmas Event is right around the corner.
Could you possibly provide a notice for the Gingerbread House quest? (either by the Town Crier, or perhaps by a little gingerbread man added to the North Pole). Last year, some players were not aware that the quest was available because it takes place in the Commons event area vs. the North Pole area. (easily missed if using the event link on the game screen to teleport directly to the North Pole).
Thanks!
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 9th at 6:50 PM
Last Edited November 14th at 11:06 PM
Hongkongelder1130
i had an idea maybe we could have a "my favorite pet and mount" day and on that day be able to purchase with bush bucks what ever mount and pet you want one of each. mounts for 300bb ---pets for 200bb. And, do it every year. hey hey what do you say? Would it be possible to pick an animal by clicking on it in PAGAS pet progress or Clint's mount collection? We could do it on Christmas or St Francis of Assisi day (not that I'm Catholic but that is the day they bless the pets Oct 4.) or some other such good holiday . . .or a time when the holidays are few and far between. hke be good to my idea nick I just had knee surgery and you threw out my Haloween entry I'll admit it was pretty bad there's always next year lol
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th at 10:14 AM
Last Edited November 13th at 10:17 AM
BarbZak
HMMM, This has been my idea for many yrs and noted to Nick,,..as too have a NPC in any area we like named after us players..Have the oldest players pick first, I think it would be fun to do..and not that hard either to do..
MINE would be the NPC in The Shimering Quarries(purple area )..lol
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 13th at 3:28 PM
Vegan1964
I'd like to revisit my idea to add to the parade at the end of Thanksgiving. I previously mentioned adding a marching band (we would have quests for missing instruments) and I was thinking we could have some dancers as well. The Rockettes traditionally perform for the Macy's parade. While you probably can't have the Rockettes, you could have another dance troupe dance in the parade next year.
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th at 11:57 AM
ajv1
I've noticed that the drop rate for pristine dishes for Thanksgiving is much slower this year. So far only four have appeared for me. Anybody else notice this?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th at 4:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Postponing this Q&A to tomorrow, Wednesday November 15h! Apologies for the delay. Your patience is appreciated :)
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th at 7:41 PM
Blahramewe
Vegan1964: How about the Bushettes?

Also, an idea for buying special holiday dust: Once you buy everything in the event store to where you can buy snack bags or satchels, you can also buy rune dust to make event runes. They should be pretty expensive, maybe 2 1/2 times the cost of a satchel.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th at 9:07 PM
mlmcc52
Is there an issue with turning in ingredients. I turned in at least 5 vegetable and all he ever said is that is not enough for a full dish but this will get me going. Same for dessert and meat.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ikini wrote:

Any chance that we could someday feed pet treats to pets not equipped?

I can see the utility in this, certainly. I'll note it down to consider for a future update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th at 2:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- So 1 or 2 players have requested that we have some new years eve stuff to decorate our ranch etc, so I came up with this idea.

So in Junior whacker event we have that quest where we whack Emerald Ash Borers, and such and get special currency to buy stuff from Julia, so….

What if we had a NPC named Nua eve show up in the xmas event area ( after 1 week), dressed like they are in new years stuff ( sparkler, hat etc) , and like Julia we have do a repeatable quest each day

The quests would be that we have to find:

1- 50 new years eve banners
2- 50 new years eve fireworks
3- 50 bottles of bubbly

And when you have done each quest you get 5 special tokens and even unlocking a achievement, doing all 3 quests for the npc

Items in the npc’s shop
- New years eve banner
- New years eve glasses
- New years eve gnome #1 baby new years gnome
- New years eve gnome #2 Father time gnome

NOTE - if you can't do the whole npc thing this year, could you add the new years ranch items perhaps, and do the npc thing next year

2- Halloween event - what if we had a haunted mansion decorating competition, BUT the developers have to decorate a mansion each, and WE players get to vote who's is best

3- New zone idea's -
- a fairytale zone, with npc's based off of fairytales
- we need another underwater zone, but this time, make it based off of, the depths
of the ocean, like marina trench etc
- outer space zone - npc's could be based off of real people who went on the moon or
helped with the 'space race' etc, and also have some npc's base doff of movie
aliens etc too or characters
- a zone based off, of famous world landmarks both man-made and natural

1) A very creative idea for a NYE quest! I do live having you folks collect tokens :D I'll note it down to consider.

2) Having the devs make mansions voted on the community is a fun idea! Really flipping it on its head. Noted!

3) Nifty zone ideas! This isn't the first time a space one has been recommended, but having it based on a space race is a neat premise! Fairy Tale land has also been mentioned. These are all great ideas, and I've noted them down to consider for the next region update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th at 2:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1130 wrote:

@ Russ
What no noise makers confetti streamers ----gotta have them hke

Noted!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

@Russel ... Those are fun quest ideas. And thanks for posting a reminder for New Years Eve items. Those items have been on my "Wish List" for a long time.

@Nick ... I'd be happy just to have a few New Years items added to the Christmas event store without a new quest so we can have the items in time to ring in the New Year, (and without the year 2024 written on them so we can use them from year to year).

My wish list for the Christmas event store (in addition to "Baby New year Gnome," "Father Time Gnome;" "Happy New Year Banner) are:
Gold Sparkly Balloons, Streamers, Noise Makers, and maybe a NY Party Hat (although we can make do with other party hats we have in our inventories if we need to).

If Georgia has time to create the NYE items then we can look at adding them. Unfortunately, I can make no guarantee at the moment. I have made note of your item requests though!