Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 135 - October 31st, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 1:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Hi Nick,

Have you considered dog carts or goat carts as mounts? And I don't remember mules as mounts. Mules come in a number of colors like horses but being stubborn, they could also be slower than horses. Orcas and giant crabs would also be interesting mounts

These are great ideas for mounts! I'd never considered dog/goat carts, and I'm surprised we don't already have Mules at least on our suggestions list! I've added them for Georgia and I to consider for a future update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 1:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

here is afew idea's i have

1- for next years halloween and spring event, when we decorate our gardens/haunted mansions, when we decorate it goes into automatic build mode, but unlike the build mode for our ranch, if we accidentally touch a vacant patch our avatar moves there, which can be inconvenient, what im saying is make the build mode for halloween/spring event like our ranch build mode please

2- Again halloween/spring event related, can we please sell, decorations we dont want/need on our designs, we cant atm, and if you do make it to allow us let us get pumpkins/seeds back perhaps

3- i noticed we have two trick or treaters dressed similarly, the treaters wearing the cauldron hat, so i was thinking, what if we had a competition where we dressed our avatars or even a mannequin and we dressed it, halloweeny style, and players could vote for their favourite, and the winner would replace one of the treaters wearing a cauldron hat perhaps

1) I think making these events build modes more like the ranch build mode has been suggested before! There may be reasons why it wasn't like this from the get-go, but I'm not certain what those might be. I'll noted them down to consider.

2) I'm not 100% sold on selling event decoration items. Is it because you need to get them all for the achievement, but don't want to use them all?

3) This reminds me of the anniversary event Costume Contest! I would love to have that in more events for sure.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 1:29 PM
Last Edited October 31st at 1:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

So theres a few players out there with multiple accounts me included im sure im not the only one that wishes thare was a log out button instead of having to close the window completly is that possible nick.

This feature is certainly possible, however I'm not sure it's worth the development time required. I'd likely want to poll for just how many players are using duplicate accounts, or have multiple people logging in on the same computer.

Russel Denton wrote:

Just to clarify what Matt is talking about, it is a pain in the ass to log out of the game and login into your other account/s, maybe something like what Facebook has where you can automatically switch to your other accounts without logging out of the page etc, might go good for the game perhaps and simpler too

Noted, thanks!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 1:40 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

i noticed we have no pink, green or light green bales of hay this year just something i noticed while building hke

will changing my username to

hongkongelder1130

on chat and on forum and stream

clear up the tangle on the CNE black page and let me in?
can you help me do this i'm sort of computer illerate hke

id like to see the halloween mansion entries and how mine is faring

I'll note your hay bale suggestions for next year.

On the forum, you can change your username by clicking the "Profile" text link at the top right of the forum page when logged in.

On Codename Games, log in, hover the "Welcome, " at the top right and click "My Account". Then, click the orange "Change Username" button. You'll need to enter your username/password for this process.

These name changes may take a day or so to take.

For Twitch, you can go to: https://www.twitch.tv/settings/profile

Feel free to email bw2support@codenameentertainment.com if you have more questions about this process.

Regarding the haunted mansion contest entries, you can see some of the top rated entries on the Contest Page, and peruse more while voting. The contest page will also say what top X bracket you're entry is in, eg "Top 10, Top 100"
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 1:42 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

So, are we ever going to be able to help the second prisonner at the voodoo huts?

It's always good to have one cage on reserve, right? Maybe they'll use it if we end up adding a quest hub to that area.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 1:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

Just for a little Halloween fun, I'm re-posting a limerick I made for you a while back. Hope you enjoy it. Happy Halloween!

There once was a Trick or Treater named Nick,
Who, on Halloween was pretty darn slick;
He didn't feel like working that day,
And claimed the wind blew his "Tickets" away;
Then laughed, "That was a pretty good trick."

This limerick is great! Thank you for bringing it back :D
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 2:02 PM
Flybaby
Thanks and Your welcome Nick
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 31st at 2:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Reminder that this week's Bush Whacker Weekly stream is cancelled while we have a celebration in the office during the usual stream time.

Very sorry for the last minute notice! This one snuck up on me. We'll tour the remaining Halloween ranches next Tuesday November 7th, if folks want to hang on to their decorations.