Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 132 - September 18th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 2:03 PM
Last Edited September 11th at 1:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday September 18th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 2:50 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

1) Just a reminder of something I asked about last year … We could really use a few things to help us ring in the New Year. I know it's hard for you to squeeze a special quest or mini event in, but would it be possible for you to include a few New Years items in the Christmas event store?

A few ideas: "Baby New year Gnome," "Father Time Gnome;" "Happy New Year banner;" New Years themed party supplies for our ranches: Streamers, balloons, noise makers, party hats.

2) Also, is there a chance we could get different colored drapes for our ranch windows? We only have red, so I was thinking maybe a new drape with a few rotatable colors?

Thanks for your consideration,
Flybaby
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 8th at 12:56 AM
Last Edited September 8th at 12:57 AM
herooverlord
i played in armorgames before! can i transfer my save file from there to the bushwhacker 2 app, i dont want to redo all from the start
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 9th at 9:33 PM
Last Edited September 14th at 8:43 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Did u give us a new gold reward when whacking bushes i swear i saw a new one.
NVM turns out i power whacked nates treasure for the JR BW.

That being said that would be a cool new gold drop.

I now know theres a back ur ranch button but is there a reason when u cant just click the ranch icon to go to ur ranch.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 10th at 12:37 PM
Hongkongelder1130
is there a way maybe to play solitaire in the saloon for energy like fishing as a pastime when you run out of energy and need something to do give us a second way to mark time? just a thought id have tried poker but i think its toO complicated with full house four of a kind and royal flush what do you think? my days in reno and carson city are showing lol
HKE
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 11th at 1:11 PM
Last Edited September 11th at 1:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
For any wondering, the Q&A isn't today (Mon Sept 11) but instead a week later on Monday Sept 18th. This is because we're trying the Q&A every other week to let more questions build up. I'll talk to you then and in tomorrow's weekly stream! Thanks for the suggestion, Russel Denton.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 16th at 8:10 PM
Last Edited September 18th at 2:27 AM
Russel Denton
a player named Bartimaeus requests a surface on house facade for security camera please

My Idea's

1- A personal chef for our avatar – a Fluro Green skinned chef shows up in commons, named Chef Belza (brother of Chef Elza from the easter event), they say it’s high time you get a personal chef, for all the hard work you do for the township etc, and that you need to keep our energy up for whacking etc.

How this will work:
1-Firstly, we will do a quest line for Chef Belza, to help him set up his mini kitchen, ( which we can place anywhere we choose ( Ranch/Island or Pasture)

The Questline will go as follows:
1-Find the chef 30 kitchen utensils in the Dusty Incline
2-Find 30 slabs of marble in the Desert ranch
3-Find 20 second-hand marquee’s from the Lower/upper evergreen forest
After finding all these items the chef sets up his mini kitchenette, and then asks you to go get some basic ingredients.

1-Whack up 20 flour,20 sugar,20 salt and 20 cartons of eggs

2-Fish up 30 crabs from AI

3-Fish up 20 fish from your ranch fishing hole

4-Whack up 20 of each salt and pepper

5-Whack up cream and milk from cows that pop up

6-Grow 5 vegies and 5 fruit for the chef

After that the chef is happy and disappears allowing you to put him where you like
Once you put the chef on your ranch/island or pasture
You will be able to get the chef to make you food dishes which will replenish energy/power or mana

So basically how it will work if a player is level 150 they will only be able to make dishes from crops that is available to them at that level, and etc, so if a player is at max level they can make .
To make the dishes the player will have to grow crops or fish up the necessary ingredients.
Here is some example of some dishes which could be used

-Fish and Chips – fish up 10 fish and grow 10 potatoes – replenishes half of energy

-Strawberries and cream – grow 20 strawberries – replenishes half power

-Vegetarian coleslaw – grow 5 radishes, 10 cucumbers, 10 cabbage – replenishes energy ,mana and power at 30% each

-Banana/strawberry milkshake – grow 10 strawberries and banana – replenishes mana/energy at 40% each

- pumpkin soup - grow 15 pumpkins - replenishes 80% of power

-Blueberries,strawberries milkshake – grow 10 strawberries and blueberries – replenishes both mana/power at 50% each
All the dishes will either give energy or fill mana/power to a certain amount

The catch is you can only make dishes every fortnight, and the timey whimey/ time turner will not effect it either, to make it fair for everyone

2- Either before or after the Halloween event, we could have a mini event like the butterfly event, but with spiders.

3- Similair to the butterfly event, we could have different types of insects, like dragonflies, beetles, praying mantis etc

4- can we have the steam light available in the store for our ranch please

5- So when we hand in quests in the commons, we sometimes get full mana/power, what if we got a option to use it now or later, and it got banked up somewhere and we could use it later, perhaps

6- so with sending gifts we can send everything except one item i noticed....Fertiliser, could this happen or not

7- could we have a way to instantly make runes without the long process, and not make it, have a prerequisite , like having to finishing the alchemist quests please, i know for a fact that ALL players will benefit from this, regardless if they have finished, the alchemist quests or not
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 1:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 1:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

1) Just a reminder of something I asked about last year … We could really use a few things to help us ring in the New Year. I know it's hard for you to squeeze a special quest or mini event in, but would it be possible for you to include a few New Years items in the Christmas event store?

A few ideas: "Baby New year Gnome," "Father Time Gnome;" "Happy New Year banner;" New Years themed party supplies for our ranches: Streamers, balloons, noise makers, party hats.

2) Also, is there a chance we could get different colored drapes for our ranch windows? We only have red, so I was thinking maybe a new drape with a few rotatable colors?

Thanks for your consideration,
Flybaby

1) Great suggestions for New Year's items! I'll see what development time Georgia and I have for December and consider what New Years stuff we can fit in for after/during the Christmas event.

2) More drape colours would be nice, yes! It's on our suggestions list, and I'll see if Georgia and I can find time to add them to a stores update maybe.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 1:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
herooverlord wrote:

i played in armorgames before! can i transfer my save file from there to the bushwhacker 2 app, i dont want to redo all from the start

Hi herooverlord! I can look into migrating your old Bush Whacker 2 account to Codename Games. Firstly, you'll need to have created an account on Codename Games! Here's the link:

https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?page=game&game_id=1

Once you have one, please submit a support ticket from the account, or email bw2support@codenameentertainment.com with details of your old Armor Games account, and I can see about migrating it for you.

Thanks for reaching out!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 1:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Did u give us a new gold reward when whacking bushes i swear i saw a new one.
NVM turns out i power whacked nates treasure for the JR BW.

That being said that would be a cool new gold drop.

I now know theres a back ur ranch button but is there a reason when u cant just click the ranch icon to go to ur ranch.

1) We already added new Gold drops in the past couple years, if I recall correctly. They look like open crates overflowing with Gold!

2) Which ranch icon are the referring to? There's the ranch button in the teleport/"spring" pop-up menu, and you can click the "Your House" node on the World Map. Is there another one I'm forgetting?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 1:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

is there a way maybe to play solitaire in the saloon for energy like fishing as a pastime when you run out of energy and need something to do give us a second way to mark time? just a thought id have tried poker but i think its toO complicated with full house four of a kind and royal flush what do you think? my days in reno and carson city are showing lol
HKE

A solitaire mini-game would be fun! It's a fair bit of technical work to implement a new mini-game/puzzle, so I'd prefer to integrate it with another piece of a larger permanent content update maybe. Adding solitaire has been suggested before, so it's a fairly popular request!
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 1:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

a player named Bartimaeus requests a surface on house facade for security camera please

My Idea's

1- A personal chef for our avatar – a Fluro Green skinned chef shows up in commons, named Chef Belza (brother of Chef Elza from the easter event), they say it’s high time you get a personal chef, for all the hard work you do for the township etc, and that you need to keep our energy up for whacking etc.

How this will work:
1-Firstly, we will do a quest line for Chef Belza, to help him set up his mini kitchen, ( which we can place anywhere we choose ( Ranch/Island or Pasture)

The Questline will go as follows:
1-Find the chef 30 kitchen utensils in the Dusty Incline
2-Find 30 slabs of marble in the Desert ranch
3-Find 20 second-hand marquee’s from the Lower/upper evergreen forest
After finding all these items the chef sets up his mini kitchenette, and then asks you to go get some basic ingredients.

1-Whack up 20 flour,20 sugar,20 salt and 20 cartons of eggs

2-Fish up 30 crabs from AI

3-Fish up 20 fish from your ranch fishing hole

4-Whack up 20 of each salt and pepper

5-Whack up cream and milk from cows that pop up

6-Grow 5 vegies and 5 fruit for the chef

After that the chef is happy and disappears allowing you to put him where you like
Once you put the chef on your ranch/island or pasture
You will be able to get the chef to make you food dishes which will replenish energy/power or mana

So basically how it will work if a player is level 150 they will only be able to make dishes from crops that is available to them at that level, and etc, so if a player is at max level they can make .
To make the dishes the player will have to grow crops or fish up the necessary ingredients.
Here is some example of some dishes which could be used

-Fish and Chips – fish up 10 fish and grow 10 potatoes – replenishes half of energy

-Strawberries and cream – grow 20 strawberries – replenishes half power

-Vegetarian coleslaw – grow 5 radishes, 10 cucumbers, 10 cabbage – replenishes energy ,mana and power at 30% each

-Banana/strawberry milkshake – grow 10 strawberries and banana – replenishes mana/energy at 40% each

- pumpkin soup - grow 15 pumpkins - replenishes 80% of power

-Blueberries,strawberries milkshake – grow 10 strawberries and blueberries – replenishes both mana/power at 50% each
All the dishes will either give energy or fill mana/power to a certain amount

The catch is you can only make dishes every fortnight, and the timey whimey/ time turner will not effect it either, to make it fair for everyone

2- Either before or after the Halloween event, we could have a mini event like the butterfly event, but with spiders.

3- Similair to the butterfly event, we could have different types of insects, like dragonflies, beetles, praying mantis etc

4- can we have the steam light available in the store for our ranch please

5- So when we hand in quests in the commons, we sometimes get full mana/power, what if we got a option to use it now or later, and it got banked up somewhere and we could use it later, perhaps

6- so with sending gifts we can send everything except one item i noticed....Fertiliser, could this happen or not

7- could we have a way to instantly make runes without the long process, and not make it, have a prerequisite , like having to finishing the alchemist quests please, i know for a fact that ALL players will benefit from this, regardless if they have finished, the alchemist quests or not

Bartimeaus - A surface on the outside front wall of your house to place wall items on would be nice! I'll note it down to consider, if it hasn't been suggested before.

1) Adding a cooking system like that that integrates with fishing/farming is a neat idea! I appreciate all the details you've included with the idea. I'll note it down to consider!

2/3) While we do have a handful of spider pets/mounts in the game, I hesitate to dedicate an entire mini-event to them for fear of upsetting the arachnophobic players! However, adding similar species-focused mini-events is a neat idea for sure. I'd probably settle on Cats first!

4) The Steam Light item is currently limited to the Mechanic's store, but you can buy more from them, however. Just not for Gold. That being said, I'll consider the request!

5) Letting players bank certain resources does have an impact on the game balance that I'd have to consider carefully. This is why this ability has been limited to the premium Mana/Power Biscuit items. I'd consider maybe having these rarely drop from satchels, though.

6) As in sending the same type of gift a bunch of times to the same person? Is this so you don't have to keep talking to Sasha for each one?

7) Having a "smart" rune craft/combining method would be a nice improvement, certainly. I'll consider whether it would be better not as an alchrafter perk or not.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 18th at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!