Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 131 - September 5th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 2:03 PM
Last Edited September 5th at 11:29 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Tuesday September 5th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 10:01 PM
Last Edited September 4th at 10:34 AM
Hongkongelder1130
Perhaps I need to elaborate on my Saloon idea for Sanctuary. Instead of a sleazy bar, I propose adding a 50's---ish soda bar that serves malts, shakes, sodas, and sarsaparillas as well as banana splits and sundaes. All for a little energy. And, it might be nice to be able to trade sugarless beverages for a small treat here, a cola a cola beverage or root beer float. also, you could add cones and dipped cones with chocolate and butterscotch with nuts and sprinkles..

You could buy them with a few bb or some gold. or a gem or two. Just an idea. Just something fun. You might even get a hamburger and fries if you're really hungry The old momma poppa and baby burger! it might be fun to take away a GALLON of root beer ---hke
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th at 1:41 AM
Last Edited September 4th at 7:25 PM
Russel Denton
To add on to Hongkong Elder1’s idea about having a saloon of sorts, I came up with this idea similar to it…….

For a saloon ( or even a 60’s/70’s style diner even) in the commons, we could build it like the rest of the commons have, and the way the saloon/diner could work is we buy drinks from it which restores energy ,mana or even power, and the drinks will cost ONLY GEMS
-Evergreen Electrifying Fruit Punch – this would refill energy – COST – 100 TOPAZ,SAPPHIRE and RUBIES

- Crystalised Crunchy Power Cool aid - This would refill power – COST – 100 TOPAZ,SAPPHIRE and RUBIES

- Blue Tangly cordial – This would refill Mana – 100 TOPAZ,SAPPHIRE and RUBIES

- Ultimate drink package – contains 5 of each drink – 5 JADE,3 MOONSTONES and 1 EMERALD

The catch is you can only buy each drink once every fortnight, and for the Ultimate drink package you can only buy every 2 months, and the timey whimey trinkets etc will not work on it to keep it fair for all players

As for amicus isle, we get a quest line from the bar tender at the bar, and he says that his patrons what the bar to improve, in the way of an upgrade, so the questline starts off by you

1-Finding 100 pieces of bamboo – in any zone in the evergreen forest/s

2-Find 50 decorative party lights – in any cloudland zone

3-Fish up 30 second-hand tiki masks – on AI

4-Speak to the merchant King in the Salty settlement, to help get more drink supplies, by doing a quest for them

5-Once done with Merchant King, pick up the Drinking supplies in Cera proper

Then once done head back to Amicus isle, and let the barkeeper upgrade the bar, his will take 1 day, then when we come back its bigger and better

And they will sell drinks like the saloon in commons too,

IDEA 2- let us hatch more than 1 egg at a time with misty

IDEA 3- let us do more than 1 hub at a time, if we got the energy to burn, let us do more than 1 hub please

IDEA 4- what if Q/A was done fortnightly instead of weekly,
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th at 8:21 AM
Vegan1964
I really like Russel Denton's and Hongkongelder1's ideas. Are there any plans for a mount experience trinket similar to the pet trinket? At my current pace, my pasture expansion won't happen until after Halloween next year.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 1:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! Apologies for the day late Q&A. Yesterday was a statutory holiday here in BC, Canada. Anyways, let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 1:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

Perhaps I need to elaborate on my Saloon idea for Sanctuary. Instead of a sleazy bar, I propose adding a 50's---ish soda bar that serves malts, shakes, sodas, and sarsaparillas as well as banana splits and sundaes. All for a little energy. And, it might be nice to be able to trade sugarless beverages for a small treat here, a cola a cola beverage or root beer float. also, you could add cones and dipped cones with chocolate and butterscotch with nuts and sprinkles..

You could buy them with a few bb or some gold. or a gem or two. Just an idea. Just something fun. You might even get a hamburger and fries if you're really hungry The old momma poppa and baby burger! it might be fun to take away a GALLON of root beer ---hke

A soda bar would be a fun idea! And like the A&W burger family? Haha! Thanks for expanding on this idea. I've noted it down to consider for a future update.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 1:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

To add on to Hongkong Elder1’s idea about having a saloon of sorts, I came up with this idea similar to it…….

For a saloon ( or even a 60’s/70’s style diner even) in the commons, we could build it like the rest of the commons have, and the way the saloon/diner could work is we buy drinks from it which restores energy ,mana or even power, and the drinks will cost ONLY GEMS
-Evergreen Electrifying Fruit Punch – this would refill energy – COST – 100 TOPAZ,SAPPHIRE and RUBIES

- Crystalised Crunchy Power Cool aid - This would refill power – COST – 100 TOPAZ,SAPPHIRE and RUBIES

- Blue Tangly cordial – This would refill Mana – 100 TOPAZ,SAPPHIRE and RUBIES

- Ultimate drink package – contains 5 of each drink – 5 JADE,3 MOONSTONES and 1 EMERALD

The catch is you can only buy each drink once every fortnight, and for the Ultimate drink package you can only buy every 2 months, and the timey whimey trinkets etc will not work on it to keep it fair for all players

As for amicus isle, we get a quest line from the bar tender at the bar, and he says that his patrons what the bar to improve, in the way of an upgrade, so the questline starts off by you

1-Finding 100 pieces of bamboo – in any zone in the evergreen forest/s

2-Find 50 decorative party lights – in any cloudland zone

3-Fish up 30 second-hand tiki masks – on AI

4-Speak to the merchant King in the Salty settlement, to help get more drink supplies, by doing a quest for them

5-Once done with Merchant King, pick up the Drinking supplies in Cera proper

Then once done head back to Amicus isle, and let the barkeeper upgrade the bar, his will take 1 day, then when we come back its bigger and better

And they will sell drinks like the saloon in commons too,

IDEA 2- let us hatch more than 1 egg at a time with misty

IDEA 3- let us do more than 1 hub at a time, if we got the energy to burn, let us do more than 1 hub please

IDEA 4- what if Q/A was done fortnightly instead of weekly,

1) Very cool drink ideas! I'll note this down to consider for a new Commons building.

I appreciate the upgrade quest ideas for the Amicus bar and Salty Settlement! A neat tie in from the two different locations in Bushwhackia. Also noted!

2) Hatching more eggs with Misty is on our suggestions list.

3) The purpose behind quest hubs is to be a place to spend time while you wait for new main content, so letting you do them simultaneously goes against that. Plus, we don't really want you to have 20+ active daily quests at once, as much as that would be convenient haha!

4) Once every 2 weeks might be better, actually. Great idea! We can try that moving forward.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 1:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

I really like Russel Denton's and Hongkongelder1's ideas. Are there any plans for a mount experience trinket similar to the pet trinket? At my current pace, my pasture expansion won't happen until after Halloween next year.

I am certainly considering a mount xp trinket! I think it would be great should we add mount collection rewards like we do for pets, but I'd have to adjust the goals for each reward differently as there are much fewer mounts than pets (particularly basic/misc types).
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

This week's Bush Whacker Weekly stream is cancelled while Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms celebrates its anniversary on our cnegames Twich channel. Feel free to tune in to the festivities here: https://www.twitch.tv/cnegame

We'll try putting more time between these Q&As to let more questions build up, so we'll try the next one in 2 weeks! Talk to you then.