Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 130 - August 28th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:56 PM
Last Edited August 21st at 1:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday August 28th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 9:34 PM
Hongkongelder1130
I really like the potato I'm hatching. Good idea of a companion a little of the wall but fun. And, no potato flake jokes lol. Sanctuary needs a Saloon. where you can go and buy a drink ---even if its only a sarsaparilla! hke
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th at 12:09 PM
Vegan1964
There's a bar already set up on Amicus Island that is unused. It would be nice to have a place to purchase energy drinks.

Regarding stacking pet treats, how about just making the pet treats equal x amount of xp? That way you do not have calculate relative value. They will always be a set value.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th at 10:56 PM
Last Edited August 28th at 1:07 PM
Russel Denton
1- a player named ZH16 wanted to ask this...

when a event/mini event is on, when we are in a completed field we cannot see the event pop-up, we have to step outside of the completed field to use the pop up to go to the event area, can you perhaps change this so it's easier perhaps

2- In the recent Bubble buddies mini event blog etc, you stated that the ducks can go only on water, which means they can go on the pond made for them and our ranch, here is where the idea is flawed, our island is surrounded by water, yet we can not put the ducks on it, which is connected to the same body of water as our ranch, same goes for the golf course , so could we perhaps put the ducks on the water around the island and on our golf course too seeing how it has a waterway too,

3- so in the game we have a blue flag which means we have completed that area, and a red flag which means we did the SBA there, what if we had a different coloured flag which meant we found all the CI's we can fish up at fishing holes in certain areas perhaps

4- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - for our avatars, for the females they could have coconut bra's and grass skirts, to get and for the men, could get a mannkini perhaps

5- This idea is from player Zyxster - can we have a duck blind

My add -on idea - a Elmer Fudd gnome

6- the bubble buddies , we got to do a free incubation of any egg we wanted, then it costed BB's is that correct or were we supposed to get more than 1 freebie incubation thing
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th at 7:55 PM
ajv1
The Bubble Buddies is a fun filler event. I think I have fed all three characters at least 10 times, but it says I am missing one to earn the achievement. Is there some way to let us know how many times each Bubble Buddy has been fed? Thanks.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 12:36 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hey nick i thot id post this here instead of a ticket I thot mounts were always guarenteeed to succeed after 4 and it was never ra not that im complaining ater getting on 1 try just thot it was odd.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

I really like the potato I'm hatching. Good idea of a companion a little of the wall but fun. And, no potato flake jokes lol. Sanctuary needs a Saloon. where you can go and buy a drink ---even if its only a sarsaparilla! hke

Glad you like the potato! It was one of the stranger pet requests over the years, haha!

A Saloon building would be neat! And sarsaparilla is a great beverage idea. Noted.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

There's a bar already set up on Amicus Island that is unused. It would be nice to have a place to purchase energy drinks.

Regarding stacking pet treats, how about just making the pet treats equal x amount of xp? That way you do not have calculate relative value. They will always be a set value.

Adding a store to the Amicus bar has been suggested, and I agree it would be neat!

Having Pet Treats be the amount of XP instead of level would make them more literal, for sure. This last update I did add a store to Hank the Farmhand where you can trade up Level 5 and Level 10 pet treats at least. Details are in the blog:

http://codenameentertainment.com/?page=blog&post_id=1575#blog

Specifically,

"Can combine some lower level Pet Treats into higher level Pet Treats. Talk to Hank the Farmhand in the Commons, choose "I'd like to use a Pet Treat!" then "Combine Pet Treats". 9 level 5 treats get you 2 level 10, and 7 level 10 get you 3 level 15."
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- a player named ZH16 wanted to ask this...

when a event/mini event is on, when we are in a completed field we cannot see the event pop-up, we have to step outside of the completed field to use the pop up to go to the event area, can you perhaps change this so it's easier perhaps

2- In the recent Bubble buddies mini event blog etc, you stated that the ducks can go only on water, which means they can go on the pond made for them and our ranch, here is where the idea is flawed, our island is surrounded by water, yet we can not put the ducks on it, which is connected to the same body of water as our ranch, same goes for the golf course , so could we perhaps put the ducks on the water around the island and on our golf course too seeing how it has a waterway too,

3- so in the game we have a blue flag which means we have completed that area, and a red flag which means we did the SBA there, what if we had a different coloured flag which meant we found all the CI's we can fish up at fishing holes in certain areas perhaps

4- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - for our avatars, for the females they could have coconut bra's and grass skirts, to get and for the men, could get a mannkini perhaps

5- This idea is from player Zyxster - can we have a duck blind

My add -on idea - a Elmer Fudd gnome

6- the bubble buddies , we got to do a free incubation of any egg we wanted, then it costed BB's is that correct or were we supposed to get more than 1 freebie incubation thing

1) This request has been on our list a while. It hits a mixed priority as it's very trivial to move out of a field to access the event button, so hasn't quite warranted the work in changing that.

2) Great points! I did finally add water "surface" you can place water items on in your ranch. I'll make a point to add similar surfaces to the Lake Island and mini golf zone pond.

3) I really like this fishing flag idea. It's been on our suggestions list for a while. I'll review it and adjust its priority accordingly.

4) Great costume item suggestions. I'll note them down to consider.

5) I'll add a Duck Blind and Elmer Fudd gnome to our ranch items suggestions list.

6) It's 1 free instant basic pet egg hatch, and you can get 2 more for 15 BB each.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ajv1 wrote:

The Bubble Buddies is a fun filler event. I think I have fed all three characters at least 10 times, but it says I am missing one to earn the achievement. Is there some way to let us know how many times each Bubble Buddy has been fed? Thanks.

Glad you like the new mini-event!

There was a bug causing that achievement not to credit when you fed certain buddies. It's fixed now, and will credit the next time you feed any buddy. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I've made note to add a fed count for the buddies for next time.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:26 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hey nick i thot id post this here instead of a ticket I thot mounts were always guarenteeed to succeed after 4 and it was never ra not that im complaining ater getting on 1 try just thot it was odd.

Looking at the code, I believe you're correct. Apologies for the mistake on my part!
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:30 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
No worries nick never hurts to ask cheers im assuming kaine is nex on the list or jr bw next.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

No worries nick never hurts to ask cheers im assuming kaine is nex on the list or jr bw next.

Jr. Bush Whacker will be before Kaine's new mystery in the Prismatic Passage.
28 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:42 PM
ikini
Nick, I found a speech mistake: "Buddy Baubles! These are so fun. Hold on a minute while take out the buddies for some exercise." There is a missing "I" after "while."
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 1:52 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ikini wrote:

Nick, I found a speech mistake: "Buddy Baubles! These are so fun. Hold on a minute while take out the buddies for some exercise." There is a missing "I" after "while."

Great catch! I'll fix that typo for the next update. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 28th at 2:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!