Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 129 - August 21st, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday August 21st at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 18th at 10:03 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hi nick i know weve asked for new commons dailies cant rebmer about my next idea

Gem bait gives a asorted variety of gems from lower quality to rarer quality would be great for new players gems arent easy to come by in the begining.

Gem fishing daily with new gem themed ranch/CI spice things up a little.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th at 11:12 AM
Last Edited August 21st at 12:25 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

1) There is an NPC Nurse in the Mine Collapse and Halloween event (kid in front of H.M.) that is wearing a Nurse hat and Nurse Shirt. Would you be agreeable to making both items available to players as customizable items (either as rewards, or store items)?

2) With Halloween just around the corner, I'd like to request a few more spooky things to decorate our Ranch House with, most importantly Wall and Floor Spider Webs, and Blood Splatters and maybe some rotatable/stackable colored hay bales. In addition to the orange hay bale that we already have, Could you also give us Grey, Green, Black, and Pale, from the Haunted Mansion? ... And Red, Purple, Blue, Yellow Hay from the Cenote site?
REMINDER: You mentioned in the past that you were considering adding the Haunted Ranch Theme to the Amicus Store. Is that still on your "to do" list?

3) I would be so grateful to have "Knitting Needles" as a sword (in addition to a crochet hook that some players have requested). Can we have one of each please?
And perhaps a basket of yarn, and a knitted/crocheted project (such as a sweater, hat, etc? Maybe this could even tie in to Mrs. Claus' Ugly Sweater quest-line.

4) Players have often mentioned having a surplus of Level 5 pet treats, and not so many of the higher valued treats. One idea is to be able to "stack" them (use 2 at one time) ... Another idea is to be to trade up our pets treats, similar to the option we have for Gems and DNA. Perhaps even at a cost, if it's necessary to maintain the balance of the game.

Thanks for your consideration.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th at 2:08 AM
Last Edited August 21st at 3:21 AM
Russel Denton
1-Player named Bartimaeus and myself were discussing in chat that we need to do different badges for the JR whacker event, we both came up with these 3 which would be good..

Orienteering

First Aid…and

Bush Survival

For all of them we could have perhaps Kaine or town crier help a junior whacker perhaps

2- I know you recently made PAGAS easier to use etc, but could you add a feature where we can see what pets have certain attributes etc please

3- I totally agree with Flybaby's idea for more decorations for halloween and more haybale colours too, but i would also like to suggest for the "making a halloween decoration" could we perhaps have a giant spider coming out of the ground or something looking similair to a graboid perhaps

4- adding on to Matts idea for gems etc, we could fish or whack up X amount of gems and each time we could hand them in and make a certain custom wearable/ranch item

5- could we get for the halloween CI's this year perhaps something like the skull candle in flux 10.0 and the candle holders ( holds three candles) also from flux 10.0 please
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th at 2:59 PM
Vegan1964
The 2024 olympics will be in France. Could we have an Olympic mini event next year?
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hi nick i know weve asked for new commons dailies cant rebmer about my next idea

Gem bait gives a asorted variety of gems from lower quality to rarer quality would be great for new players gems arent easy to come by in the begining.

Gem fishing daily with new gem themed ranch/CI spice things up a little.

Noted on some new Commons' dailies.

Gem bait and dailies is an interesting suggestion! I'll note that down to consider, thanks.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

1) There is an NPC Nurse in the Mine Collapse and Halloween event (kid in front of H.M.) that is wearing a Nurse hat and Nurse Shirt. Would you be agreeable to making both items available to players as customizable items (either as rewards, or store items)?

2) With Halloween just around the corner, I'd like to request a few more spooky things to decorate our Ranch House with, most importantly Wall and Floor Spider Webs, and Blood Splatters and maybe some rotatable/stackable colored hay bales. In addition to the orange hay bale that we already have, Could you also give us Grey, Green, Black, and Pale, from the Haunted Mansion? ... And Red, Purple, Blue, Yellow Hay from the Cenote site?
REMINDER: You mentioned in the past that you were considering adding the Haunted Ranch Theme to the Amicus Store. Is that still on your "to do" list?

3) I would be so grateful to have "Knitting Needles" as a sword (in addition to a crochet hook that some players have requested). Can we have one of each please?
And perhaps a basket of yarn, and a knitted/crocheted project (such as a sweater, hat, etc? Maybe this could even tie in to Mrs. Claus' Ugly Sweater quest-line.

4) Players have often mentioned having a surplus of Level 5 pet treats, and not so many of the higher valued treats. One idea is to be able to "stack" them (use 2 at one time) ... Another idea is to be to trade up our pets treats, similar to the option we have for Gems and DNA. Perhaps even at a cost, if it's necessary to maintain the balance of the game.

Thanks for your consideration.

1) Oh certainly! I'll have to see if the old hat is gender-locked, but otherwise it would be easy to add for players, perhaps via the Amicus Tailor merchant or Halloween store.

2) I'll note this down to consider for this year's Halloween event, thanks! And I appreciate the reminder on the Haunted Ranch Theme!

3) Yes, more knitting stuff would be appropriate ranch and custom items for Mrs. Claus' quest. I'll note them down to consider.

4) Trading up Pet Treats is on my list. I just have to hash out how the XP values of each treat would stack up.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1-Player named Bartimaeus and myself were discussing in chat that we need to do different badges for the JR whacker event, we both came up with these 3 which would be good..

Orienteering

First Aid…and

Bush Survival

For all of them we could have perhaps Kaine or town crier help a junior whacker perhaps

2- I know you recently made PAGAS easier to use etc, but could you add a feature where we can see what pets have certain attributes etc please

3- I totally agree with Flybaby's idea for more decorations for halloween and more haybale colours too, but i would also like to suggest for the "making a halloween decoration" could we perhaps have a giant spider coming out of the ground or something looking similair to a graboid perhaps

4- adding on to Matts idea for gems etc, we could fish or whack up X amount of gems and each time we could hand them in and make a certain custom wearable/ranch item

5- could we get for the halloween CI's this year perhaps something like the skull candle in flux 10.0 and the candle holders ( holds three candles) also from flux 10.0 please

1) There's already a First Aid badge quest, but I'll note the other two ideas. Getting Kaine and/or the Town Crier involved is a fun idea too.

2) Sorting the Pet Progress by effects would be nice, for sure! I'll note it down to consider.

3) A giant trapdoor spider would be a great haunted mansion decoration! I'll note it down for Georgia to consider.

4) Fishing up ingredients to make the items is a neat idea. I'll add a note to Matthew's suggestion.

5) For sure! I'll poke around for those candle items for this year's Halloween event.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

The 2024 olympics will be in France. Could we have an Olympic mini event next year?

That would be fun! I'll put a note in the calendar to consider.
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 21st at 1:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!