Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 128 - August 14th, 2023
3216 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 2:03 PM
Last Edited August 14th at 1:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday August 14th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
28 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 3:25 PM
ikini
I would like to offer my pasture for a tour, not because it is well decorated but because I want to show you why I need a gate or portal through my fence. I already have you as a friend. My game name is icebergak1949. (Nobody gets that AK stands for Alaska, so I would like to know if I can change that either by capitalizing the AK or by changing to my CNE login name ikini.)
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 2nd at 2:37 AM
Last Edited August 9th at 7:40 PM
Russel Denton
A) It was discussed in the last/previous Twitch video 1/8/23, that we need more plays to watch in the theatre, and a few players made some suggestions, so here they are:

1.1.A mix of cinderella and snow white,, with seven grumpy Nates – suggested by Tassielass11

1.2.Blues Brothers – suggested by Hongkongelder

I suggested a few too, here they are:
1.1.Men in Black - where in the end the audience gets neuralyzed, perhaps the neuralyzer could pop out of the top of the skyscraper perhaps

1.2.Transformers – with this one there could be a prize for seeing X amount of times but for each time you see it you get pieces of a transformer pet, and in the end it becomes a transformer pet

1.3.Shrek

1.4.Toy Story

1.5.Bedknobs and Broomsticks

1.6.Gremlins

B)A player suggested last Q/A about doing a scavenger hunt , well my idea is of similar nature, it is instead of doing a puzzle, we have to find objects like those games where you have to find X amount if items in a picture,

C)when is the Explorer league shop going to be opened,

D) No offence Dev Nick, you have done a great job so far in doing twitch etc, but what if other devs of the game hosted the twitch streams etc, and share the workload if possible, just a crazy idea, and each dev could do the twitch how they wanted too perhaps like SNL with the comedians etc

E) a player named Bartimaeus asked this in chat: any chances we can change the odds for the trinket we craft during Dog Days this year?

F) seeing how Minesweeper was in the latest Nate Adventure, for the Kaine one, what about doing something like Solitaire, here's how the cards would look like perhaps

-the normal numeric cards
- the four suits could be - topaz,ruby,emerald and diamond
- King- a photo of cloud king
- Queen - Natalie or Princess ( yay she got a promotion, now she is going to be more
annoying perhaps)
- Jack - Nate or Town Crier

it would be the same rules etc as solitaire too perhaps

G)CRAZY IDEA ALERT - for the halloween event , what if we had a series of quests where we had to help Nate, who has been inpregnated with the devils spawn, and we have to help him do a ritual which will stop it perhaps
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 2nd at 9:48 AM
Last Edited August 12th at 9:33 AM
Hongkongelder1130
1) I made a comment on the live stream about the MAGIC lamp. I asked could it give mana and or energy and then my sound went out and I couldn't hear the rest of the livestream aggghhh! Could you answer me here? Wouldn't have to be much. It's only a little lamp. agggggh!!!!AND NOW NICKS SICK WITH A COLD AND ITLL BE ANOTHER WEEK AGGGH!!!!lolAnticipation it's keeping me waiting. *old television commercial*

2) On the VW beetles: They made some VW beetles that were convertible. The tops folded back and they were open top. So. yeah. Open the tops of the beetles. The Super beetles were a little longer than the smaller beetles. That can also be taken into account.

(HERE'S WHERE I LOSE IT)
3) LOTS OF GOOD PLAYS WE COULD MAKE A SKIT OUT OF

wizard of oz
STAR TREK
Pink Panther with Inspecter Cluseau
CLUE
Murder By Death
Young Frankenstein
THE HOLY GRAIL (ITS NICE WE ALREADY GOT ONE!)
a John Wayne RIO LOBO THE QUIET MAN MCCILNTOCK DONOVAN'S REEF
a Bogart
MALTESE FALCON AFRICAN QUEEN CASABLANCA
Bacall Hepburn Bergman
A Mae West MY LITTLE CHICKADEE GIRL OF THE GOLDEN WEST
Charlton Heston TEN COMMANDMENTS
Clark Gable Vivian Leigh GONE WITH THE WIND

you get the idea
Here's lookin at you kid. We're off on the Road to Morocco. BOB HOPE BING CROSBY

You might also do a Dracula, A Creature from the Black Lagoon or a Phantom of the Opera.

If you want to go way back there is Charlie Chaplin and the Shiek with Rudolph Valentino

lots of fertile ground here for a play.
. There's also "Hairy Snotter" JK ROWLING

--she killed off the owl for heavens sake now thats just killing to be killing. The FIRST TWO VOLUMES WERE BRILLIANT then she started a killing spree with S. Black and it never got any better. HKE
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 3rd at 1:42 PM
Flybaby
Last week Vegan1964 asked about having a scavenger hunt.
I always enjoy hunts and wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

The idea had me thinking of some fun hunts we’ve had in the past. (I’m sure I’m missing a few)

1) Treasure hunting on Brawl Island
2) Lower Juau Island Tropical Island Treasure Hunt
3) The High Jungle Wild Wig quest where the Princess was looking for a legendary which was broken into pieces & hidden throughout the High Jungle.
4) SBA #89 in the Salt Desert where we had to find the 13 missing pieces of the skeleton.
5) Explorer's League 6 had a Mannequin Matching quest.
6) The beginning of Salt Desert Quest Hub had us traveling to different areas of the salt desert to find quest items
6) Cacti Round Up in the Cenote Site

I would also like to see another puzzle similar to the Tricky Tracks Puzzle (Nate's Salt Desert Dessert!) That was a fun one!
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th at 9:07 AM
Horsedancer1
With the new $20 special it says it includes 2 VIP bonus tokens. Is that in addition to the three bonus tokens you get for buying the $10 VIP time? Total of 5 bonus tokens or only 2??
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th at 10:13 AM
TheCatWhispurrer
@ Russell's D idea; no, unless as a substitute for vacations and the sort. I'm sorry, but I prefer having Nick do the streams for us.

Suggestion for a ranch customization item: a small pedestal sink.

Lastly, I do hope you take all the criticism with a grain of salt, Nick; you're doing a marvelous job and can only do so much at once.

SBA 89 has a skeleton in it? I might have to look into that, unless I already did it and don't remember.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 7th at 2:03 PM
Last Edited August 13th at 1:01 PM
Hongkongelder1130
i think, looking back at it, I'd like to learn how to play the minesweeper game. I was just overwhelmed. I had never seen the puzzle before, nor had my wife. I felt like I was thrown into a pool and told to swim. I'm sure, listening to all the others, it's a great puzzle and pastime. Perhaps we could integrate the puzzle into the game like the sliding block and sudoku, where you can play it if you want or leave it. I was happy to find the way around the puzzle and back into the flux. However, now I'm kind of sad. I can't learn it at my leisure. I'm sure it took a lot of work and you're hearing mixed reviews. And, I think that's why. Thanks for all you do for us.

NOW SECONDLY, I agree with Cat Whisperer on your hosting the live stream. You're the head honcho. You need to see us as badly as we need to see you. So, no. Unless your out of commission, then we can see a host of your choosing. On the other hand, I like Russ' idea of using Solitaire in the game and the way he envisioned it. HKE

@GEORGIA Could you draw us a good calliope to go with our circus stuff?

We also have a red marmot a furry, low to the ground, fat, waddling, little rust colored little critter about the size of beavers that lives in colonies in the rocks here in Idaho in the West. We lovingly call them, "Rock Chucks." Maybe you could draw one?

we also have sage grouse. They are also a native bird in our deserts around here. They Drum. fanning out their feathers and poofing out their chests to attract females every year even though they are only a small bird about the size of a chicken.

And, our snowy egrets that were hunted almost to extinction because of their feathers for ladies hats in the twenties. they have made an amazing comeback in our river bottoms. They just needed to be left alone.

Sometimes we take for granted what is around us in our backyards. People don't see them that come to Yellowstone cause they're off the beaten path and kinda quiet little gems. Bird watching is a really fun activity around here.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 8th at 10:07 AM
Vegan1964
I think it would be a good idea when multiple individual special packages are offered to also offer them as a group with a discount. For example, 3 special individual packages each costing $20, could be offered as a group for $50.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 9th at 3:39 PM
mlmcc52
When selecting crops to plant could you add an option to show only crops less than level 10
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 9th at 8:59 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
So im doing a flungeon field and im looking at the pieces and i have one question did u secretly add minesweeper pictures to the rotation. and my other question is did u secretly add a minesweeper field without telling us to the flungeon.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 10th at 8:09 PM
Last Edited August 12th at 9:09 AM
Hongkongelder1130
@Matt, that's two questions. (Couldn't resist..Not that there's a limit on questions and answers in Q&A :D).
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th at 7:14 AM
Flybaby
This suggestion is from DeniseSteil:

'I Recently accidentally spent a bundle on a pasture stall. I'm using it. and don't mind too much.'

Denise is asking/suggesting: "an extra confirmation step for others."
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 11th at 7:42 AM
Horsedancer1
Flybaby, I also like the confirmation step! And more explicit descriptions of some of the sale items, too. I never got an answer as to how many VIP tokens were actually in the package. I would have gotten it if there was a total of 5 bonus tokens. but not for only 2.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 12th at 4:59 PM
Last Edited August 13th at 12:38 PM
Hongkongelder1130
Kelf27 had this idea

:I think this town needs a physical therapy and massage area. I mean we do a lot of whacking.. anyone else have sore muscles? maybe once per level we can get a rejuvination and maybe a proportional amount of energy back :)
Post by Hongkongelder1130 deleted August 13th at 10:37 AM
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th at 2:37 PM
Vegan1964
A suggestion for next Valentine's Day. A cupig! We have a cupug, a cupid, a cupanda and I think a cukitty. I think a cupid pig would be cute.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 13th at 8:15 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I found out about the skeleton in SBA 89; it was brittle bones, the dinosaur that for 50 bb's can become a dragon skeleton. I prefer it as a dinosaur-like critter. Hope you're feeling better soon!
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th at 10:27 AM
Last Edited August 14th at 12:13 PM
Hongkongelder1130
No nick stay in bed and DIE!!! lol hope you're feeling better soon!!!Summer colds are the worst. Knock you flat.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 14th at 12:45 PM
Horsedancer1
It's 12:45 PM on Monday. I did the race and cat training yesterday, but can't access it today. I thought it changed over at noon? please help @nick