Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 127 - July 31st, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 24th at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday July 31st at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 25th at 6:47 AM
Aelendril
Hi, any word on a scaling option for puzzles with lots of pieces so they wouldn't be so small?
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th at 12:31 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Didn't know where to post this, so I'm choosing here. This is an invitation to tour my ranch/island/pasture. I know you've visited in the past, but this time, my island is complete.

Uh, sorry, but there is still no Mini Golf Course.
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th at 8:28 PM
Blahramewe
Had an idea for certified alchemists to undergo a multi-step quest to create a diamond. In order to start the quest you must first have a diamond (either whacked from a bush or combined from lesser gems) then talk to Ellesandra. After a short conversation about the things top-tier alchemists can do, she sends you on 3-4 quests to gather ingredients for you to make your very own diamond, which you do at the end of the last quest.

Once you get a diamond, a 30-day cooldown begins before you can undergo another quest chain to create another diamond.
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th at 8:45 PM
Blahramewe
Another idea I've had is for a wind-up Clint pet that increases the chance for mount feed to drop. Either bought with mount bucks or gifted after gaining a certain number of mounts.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th at 5:12 PM
Last Edited July 29th at 8:15 PM
Hongkongelder1130
I don't mind the super blueberry seeds looking like lima beans lol. They're sorta fun in a swarm -- Just some feed back.

Are there any VW bugs in the works? a blue bug a luv bug a Herbie bug ect... a bus?

What about changing runes and swords. Is this QOL update, sorely needed, coming?

I Loved Blahs idea about chiseling out diamonds with a diamond quest, yes yes yes. Maybe that could get a green light down the road? Maybe you'll Consider it?

Took me by surprise with a second summer pet sale, but it was welcome. And, I bought a couple, three, four, five pets and mounts. The Mrs. was very generous to me, and so was AP and with what i already had well oh and the bb sale nick I was able to stretch my bb far.

Aussie Pirateer sent me a very generous bb gift. Thanks to him/her my bb went farther. If you know AP thank him or her for me. I suspect he or she is from Australia lol

(still haven't seen the fairy horse or the cosmonaut, the little chef or cloudy cloud, the upside down garbage can or that ever elusive, never melting, first snowman.)

"I've got a little list and they never would be missed oh they never would be missed" MIKADO
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 30th at 12:29 PM
Last Edited July 30th at 12:52 PM
Hongkongelder1130
Bota
Bought the magic lantern pack. It does not do anything just a deco for the ranch. Perhaps rename it OR give it a "magic effect" Was really disappointed in this and will think twice now over buying things if they are not true to there name description.

i bought mine thinking there was something magic about the lamp. It just sat there. I clicked on it, rotated it. It just sat there. Then i thought, "Is it just me or is there something special I'm missing from this lamp?" Well Nick, Am I missing something magical? Could you make it do ---something! That's what I bought it for.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 11:36 AM
Vegan1964
Have you ever considered a scavenger hunt? Something from the Henderson's ranch, something from Jungle Island, etc?
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 12:34 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Just a small suggestion for a possible future content update: We have a Cretaceous Park as a Nate quest, why not an entire Cretaceous World? To continue the franchise, you know. Could be a small theme park with the possibility to earn coins to buy dinosaur pets/mounts, gates, electric fencing, etc. Open it with a special package deal to purchase all or maybe one or two past prehistoric mounts. But again, it's merely a suggestion.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Hi, any word on a scaling option for puzzles with lots of pieces so they wouldn't be so small?

We're aware of this request and agree the smallest puzzle pieces can be hard to see for some players. I haven't settled on a best solution to this, as it's a side-effect of having to collect more puzzle pieces. It's still on our list to consider for future quality-of-life updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, some players have found using the magnifier tool in Windows helps.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Didn't know where to post this, so I'm choosing here. This is an invitation to tour my ranch/island/pasture. I know you've visited in the past, but this time, my island is complete.

Uh, sorry, but there is still no Mini Golf Course.

Excellent! I've added you to the list of tour volunteers. I'm looking forward to it! No worries about the golf course.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Blahramewe wrote:

Had an idea for certified alchemists to undergo a multi-step quest to create a diamond. In order to start the quest you must first have a diamond (either whacked from a bush or combined from lesser gems) then talk to Ellesandra. After a short conversation about the things top-tier alchemists can do, she sends you on 3-4 quests to gather ingredients for you to make your very own diamond, which you do at the end of the last quest.

Once you get a diamond, a 30-day cooldown begins before you can undergo another quest chain to create another diamond.

This isn't a bad idea! I'll note it down to consider for a future update.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Blahramewe wrote:

Another idea I've had is for a wind-up Clint pet that increases the chance for mount feed to drop. Either bought with mount bucks or gifted after gaining a certain number of mount

This is a neat suggestion! An interesting new bonus too. I'll note this down to consider.
Post by Nickshire deleted August 1st at 2:20 PM
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

I don't mind the super blueberry seeds looking like lima beans lol. They're sorta fun in a swarm -- Just some feed back.

Are there any VW bugs in the works? a blue bug a luv bug a Herbie bug ect... a bus?

What about changing runes and swords. Is this QOL update, sorely needed, coming?

I Loved Blahs idea about chiseling out diamonds with a diamond quest, yes yes yes. Maybe that could get a green light down the road? Maybe you'll Consider it?

Took me by surprise with a second summer pet sale, but it was welcome. And, I bought a couple, three, four, five pets and mounts. The Mrs. was very generous to me, and so was AP and with what i already had well oh and the bb sale nick I was able to stretch my bb far.

Aussie Pirateer sent me a very generous bb gift. Thanks to him/her my bb went farther. If you know AP thank him or her for me. I suspect he or she is from Australia lol

(still haven't seen the fairy horse or the cosmonaut, the little chef or cloudy cloud, the upside down garbage can or that ever elusive, never melting, first snowman.)

"I've got a little list and they never would be missed oh they never would be missed" MIKADO

Thanks for the Super Blueberry feedback.

The Volkswagon Beetle car is still on our suggestions list. They'll likely have to be convertables, so your avatar can poke out, but I can already picture how neat they'd be! We'll see if Georgia gets around to drawing any up.

Was there any specific rune/sword change you're particularly wanting?

Glad you appreciated this past pet/mount sale! We'll see if your requests make it into the next sale, or in the un-owned pets store of the Creature Collector mini-event.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bota wrote:

Bought the magic lantern pack. It does not do anything just a deco for the ranch. Perhaps rename it OR give it a "magic effect" Was really disappointed in this and will think twice now over buying things if they are not true to there name description.

Hongkongelder1 wrote:
i bought mine thinking there was something magic about the lamp. It just sat there. I clicked on it, rotated it. It just sat there. Then i thought, "Is it just me or is there something special I'm missing from this lamp?" Well Nick, Am I missing something magical? Could you make it do ---something! That's what I bought it for.

Most of the value in the Alchrafter Pack is the alchemy powders and bush bucks, with the ranch and custom items as cosmetic/decoration.

Was there something you'd like the lantern to do?
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Have you ever considered a scavenger hunt? Something from the Henderson's ranch, something from Jungle Island, etc?

That's a neat idea! We consider the Explorer's League quest chain largely a Bushwhackia
spanning scavenger hunt-like assortment of quests. Part 7 is overdue!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 1:37 PM
Last Edited July 31st at 1:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Just a small suggestion for a possible future content update: We have a Cretaceous Park as a Nate quest, why not an entire Cretaceous World? To continue the franchise, you know. Could be a small theme park with the possibility to earn coins to buy dinosaur pets/mounts, gates, electric fencing, etc. Open it with a special package deal to purchase all or maybe one or two past prehistoric mounts. But again, it's merely a suggestion.

Sounds like a fantastic quest hub idea for the jungle region! I'll note it down to consider.

The Dino Dig mini-event has some of these features in the meantime.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 31st at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!