Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 121 - June 19th, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday June 19th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th at 8:26 AM
Horsedancer1
In the Alchemist shop, I would like to be able to purchase powders with the tokens. For some reason I am short on light gray powders. It seems like we should be able to purchase the same things as using the Brush Bucks. Thanks
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th at 9:11 AM
Last Edited June 19th at 11:16 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

1) Could you please take a look at the cost/reward ratio for sponsoring a fireworks show on Amicus? We might be due for a cost of living raise. LOL

I've noticed that the reward for sponsoring a fireworks show on Amicus Isle has gone up considerably over the years, more than doubling in cost when you are at max level, but the reward (1 amicus island token) has not increased to reflect that rise in cost.

The cost of sponsoring a fireworks show is 50 gold per level + 100.
Back in 2014 when the max level was 220, the cost was 11,100 gold.
Currently in 2023 our max level has risen to 480, bringing the cost up to 24,100 gold.

Is there a chance that you can either cap the cost or increase the reward? Although it's fun to sponsor a fireworks show, the reward doesn't justify the cost.

Also: Several players (including myself) are reporting that they are not able to view the fireworks in the first room that you enter (room 2) or any other room (however, we still earn the island token reward).

2) Thank you so much for the new National Flags quests. I found myself googling the history and significance of the flags and their colors. Georgia was spot on with her artistic details, even down to the difference of the red and green shades on the Italy and Mexico flags. Kudos

My question, is could you please allow us to purchase more flags from the ranch store so we have the option of displaying our favorite flag(s) on all our areas, ranch, island, golf, pasture. Thanks
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th at 10:21 AM
Horsedancer1
Also, when I sponsor a fireworks event it says I get one token, but no fireworks go off.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 14th at 3:59 PM
Last Edited June 16th at 2:24 AM
Aelendril
Hi.
The Patriot event's queen is suppose to be the british one no?
Shouldn't she be changed for a king now then? ^^

BTW, is it normal the cavern of corruption doesn't have area map?
*gasp* is it because... it's corrupted?!
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 17th at 9:54 AM
FoufiDoom
Now that the maps of areas were mentioned, can we get maps for every place that gives quests? Commons do not have a map, amicus either, while sanctuary, explorer's camp etc, do have maps, so I can easily check by opening them if I missed accepting any quest.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th at 12:50 AM
Last Edited June 19th at 12:17 PM
Russel Denton
1- seeing how a lot, of players have already gotten the Canadian canoe, and have kept getting energy meals etc since, i was thinking maybe we get another mount, so seeing how the 1st mount was Canadian, what if we got a new mount ( possibly something american) i was thinking of the following:

- a Harley-davison motorcycle, which floats down on the Canadian canoe, so we can get
it lol
- a woodpecker mount which is in flight like the carnival macaw from last year or so
- a Lynx Mount with a american flag saddle
- a Duryea Motor Wagon which was the
first running, gasoline-powered American car

2- here is a few mount idea's for upcoming event's i came up with:

- Dogs days of summer - a big fluffy poodle that is fluro pink
- Jr. Whacker - a tent on wheels
- Halloween - a Jack - o - Lantern go cart
- Thanksgiving - a cooking tray with a turkey on it go cart
- Christmas - we already got a sliding penguin pet so what if it was a mount too
- Nate's birthday - a stick of dynamite on wheels or even a bomb on go-cart
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 18th at 4:28 AM
Aelendril
Btw, have you ever considered giving bush whackers a skill tree?
Small passive buffs to unlock with xp/ressources
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:09 AM
Last Edited June 19th at 11:21 AM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Can we get a newzealand flag one player was disapointed there wasnt a NZ flag.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 7:54 AM
Horsedancer1
I am still thinking about a surplus of many things and a scarcity of a few. I would LOVE a trading post, where I could trade jewels for some light gray powders, etc. It would be fun to trade with other players, but that might be too difficult for you to set up, so maybe just a straight trading post?
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 10:46 AM
Vegan1964
How about more bird companions? Gannets, boobies, frigatebirds, oystercatchers, tropicbirds, noddies, curlews, etc. Plus lots of room for more flying dinosaurs.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 11:12 AM
Horsedancer1
Vegan 1964, yes! I was looking back over all the past eggs, and there aren't very many that I would really want. How about some cute animal companions, too. I don't want scorpions and spiders, etc.!!!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1 wrote:

In the Alchemist shop, I would like to be able to purchase powders with the tokens. For some reason I am short on light gray powders. It seems like we should be able to purchase the same things as using the Brush Bucks. Thanks

I totally see the appeal of this, however Justin accounted for this in his design of the rune crafting alchemy system. Alchemy Tokens let you buy spheres to more easily make higher quality runes but must still go through the motions of whacking up and disenchanting runes to craft more. Bush Bucks let you short-cut that part of the crafting process.

I understand it can be frustrating missing some of the rare dusts for certain recipes, so we are still considering adding ways to trade for those rare dusts with future certified alchrafter benefits.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:16 PM
Last Edited June 19th at 1:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

1) Could you please take a look at the cost/reward ratio for sponsoring a fireworks show on Amicus? We might be due for a cost of living raise. LOL

I've noticed that the reward for sponsoring a fireworks show on Amicus Isle has gone up considerably over the years, more than doubling in cost when you are at max level, but the reward (1 amicus island token) has not increased to reflect that rise in cost.

The cost of sponsoring a fireworks show is 50 gold per level + 100.
Back in 2014 when the max level was 220, the cost was 11,100 gold.
Currently in 2023 our max level has risen to 480, bringing the cost up to 24,100 gold.

Is there a chance that you can either cap the cost or increase the reward? Although it's fun to sponsor a fireworks show, the reward doesn't justify the cost.

Also: Several players (including myself) are reporting that they are not able to view the fireworks in the first room that you enter (room 2) or any other room (however, we still earn the island token reward).

2) Thank you so much for the new National Flags quests. I found myself googling the history and significance of the flags and their colors. Georgia was spot on with her artistic details, even down to the difference of the red and green shades on the Italy and Mexico flags. Kudos

My question, is could you please allow us to purchase more flags from the ranch store so we have the option of displaying our favorite flag(s) on all our areas, ranch, island, golf, pasture. Thanks

1) The Gold cost of the fireworks launch is supposed to represent a % of a player's ability to acquire Gold, which increases with your level. I'm unclear on the exact mathematical relationship, but I'll note it down to review for the next Patriot event.

Horsedancer1 wrote:

Also, when I sponsor a fireworks event it says I get one token, but no fireworks go off.

I'll also note to look into why folks aren't seeing the fireworks on Amicus. Very sorry that's not working this year! (silly multiplayer server)

2) You're very welcome! I'll pass this praise along to Georgia. I agree she did a great job with them! I'll consider letting you purchase more than one of the national flags after you've unlocked them.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Hi.
The Patriot event's queen is suppose to be the british one no?
Shouldn't she be changed for a king now then? ^^

BTW, is it normal the cavern of corruption doesn't have area map?
*gasp* is it because... it's corrupted?!

You're absolutely correct! I'll note to consider adding a sequel to the British monarchy quest reflect this change.

We sometimes refrain from having area maps for certain zones for various reasons. For the Cavern of Corruption, I believe I didn't want to potentially spoil what might be up ahead when you first arrive in it. It's also a very small and straight forward area so wouldn't benefit from the navigational benefits provided by the area map.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:26 PM
Flybaby
Nick I understand that the cost of the fireworks is related to our player level. What I'm basically asking is that since the cost increases with our level, couldn't we have the reward increase as well? All we are getting for a reward is one island token.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FoufiDoom wrote:

Now that the maps of areas were mentioned, can we get maps for every place that gives quests? Commons do not have a map, amicus either, while sanctuary, explorer's camp etc, do have maps, so I can easily check by opening them if I missed accepting any quest.

That would be handy! This suggestion has been made before, but I'll update it's priority appropriately. I appreciate the reminder.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:48 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- seeing how a lot, of players have already gotten the Canadian canoe, and have kept getting energy meals etc since, i was thinking maybe we get another mount, so seeing how the 1st mount was Canadian, what if we got a new mount ( possibly something american) i was thinking of the following:

- a Harley-davison motorcycle, which floats down on the Canadian canoe, so we can get
it lol
- a woodpecker mount which is in flight like the carnival macaw from last year or so
- a Lynx Mount with a american flag saddle
- a Duryea Motor Wagon which was the first running, gasoline-powered American car

2- here is a few mount idea's for upcoming event's i came up with:

- Dogs days of summer - a big fluffy poodle that is fluro pink
- Jr. Whacker - a tent on wheels
- Halloween - a Jack - o - Lantern go cart
- Thanksgiving - a cooking tray with a turkey on it go cart
- Christmas - we already got a sliding penguin pet so what if it was a mount too
- Nate's birthday - a stick of dynamite on wheels or even a bomb on go-cart

1) Very cool mount suggestions! I'll note them down to consider for a potential sequel reward for the Canadian patriot quest line.

2) Also very great mount suggestions. I'll note them down for Georgia to consider drawing!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 19th at 1:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Btw, have you ever considered giving bush whackers a skill tree?
Small passive buffs to unlock with xp/ressources

Skills trees are very captivating in other games! The design of BW2 has been focused on flexible improvements that you can change around at will (trinkets, pets/mounts/ runes, etc.), so a more rigid structure like a skill tree would be a departure from that. An interesting thing to consider for BW2 all the same though.