Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 117 - May 23rd, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 15th at 2:00 PM
Last Edited May 19th at 12:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Tuesday May 23rd at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th at 2:36 PM
Last Edited May 21st at 2:59 AM
FoufiDoom
Ok then. Since a new inventory tab with just currency might not fit nicely, could you change the order of the key items in the second inventory tab so that event's currency and items come first, then gift bags and presents, then all other currency (tokens, vuchers, odna, fragments, flux dust, mount bucks, coins, credits, etc) in order of in game appearance, then special items like the serpent stones, red orb, pomes that I see in my inventory, then consumables, then trophies, then special seeds, and LAST the eggs? (I have so many eggs) The ripped catalogue and the trinket bandolier could get omitted from key items. I also have some Easter pet pieces from 2020 which could maybe go before the eggs. I also think that kibble could go first in the consumables group. And any quests items can go after the eggs, at the end of the list since they disappear after we complete the quest.

But now I noticed, the title of the inventory window is "Inventory/Customization" and on the left of the general items tab there is the word "Inventory:" again. If you ommitted that word there we could fit two more tabs I think.

Edit: Bait and fertilizer could be added to the key items too. Fertilizer as the first in the special seeds group and bait after that group.

Edit 2 for a request: could we deactivate the feature of equipping a wandering pet or mount in our ranch/island/pasture when clicking on it?
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th at 12:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
As Monday May 22nd is a holiday here in Canada, this Q&A will be postponed to Tuesday May 23rd instead. Apologies for any inconvenience. Have a great weekend, everyone!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st at 2:52 AM
Russel Denton
1-So we did the trinket bandolier last year, so why not have a pet bandolier, it will work similar to the trinket one, and we can equip our most used/favoured pets,

2-Just a small nitpick, for next years spring event, can you stop the pets/mounts from wandering onto the garden area we decorate, cause i had the mount wandering in and out while I was working on my entry this year, if you could make that area a no go area would be great for the pet/mounts please, and do the same for the halloween event too please
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 21st at 10:34 PM
WhackedCrafter
Hope you and yours are far away from the fires. Here in Pueblo, CO we have been smoked covered haze for a week now.

I have always been meaning to ask this for years, but forget to ask. Why are the Shopping Bag and Vial Quests done as fishing instead of whacking? Also, are you EVER going to have the Super Blueberries look like Blueberries instead of Lima Beans when they are released in Satchels? Many of us players have brought this to your attention for years. Yes, it isn't a big glitch, just annoying.
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd at 8:01 AM
Horsedancer1
When playing in the VIP mode, I would like to be able to purchase items before they expire. i.e. Leveler's Boon and some of the others, but especially this one. We can purchase more time before the VIP mode expires, and I would like to be able to add time to the other boons before time is up. Thanks!
Post by Horsedancer1 deleted May 22nd at 8:02 AM
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 22nd at 6:47 PM
Hongkongelder1130
i have enjoyed not having to show off my garden this year its been a nice change and i was able to lock out others seeing what i was doing nice feature privacy is nice sometimes HKE
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 6:25 AM
1didisafe
The merchant on Ai has gnomes for sale, but the Spring Gnome is "out of stock". i know it is in event store for 25 BBs (so not 'out of stock' :P )i think it should be available to purchase on Ai too. if not, devs should take it's pic off until event is over..
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FoufiDoom wrote:

Ok then. Since a new inventory tab with just currency might not fit nicely, could you change the order of the key items in the second inventory tab so that event's currency and items come first, then gift bags and presents, then all other currency (tokens, vuchers, odna, fragments, flux dust, mount bucks, coins, credits, etc) in order of in game appearance, then special items like the serpent stones, red orb, pomes that I see in my inventory, then consumables, then trophies, then special seeds, and LAST the eggs? (I have so many eggs) The ripped catalogue and the trinket bandolier could get omitted from key items. I also have some Easter pet pieces from 2020 which could maybe go before the eggs. I also think that kibble could go first in the consumables group. And any quests items can go after the eggs, at the end of the list since they disappear after we complete the quest.

But now I noticed, the title of the inventory window is "Inventory/Customization" and on the left of the general items tab there is the word "Inventory:" again. If you ommitted that word there we could fit two more tabs I think.

Edit: Bait and fertilizer could be added to the key items too. Fertilizer as the first in the special seeds group and bait after that group.

Edit 2 for a request: could we deactivate the feature of equipping a wandering pet or mount in our ranch/island/pasture when clicking on it?

I appreciate you following up on the currency tab suggestion. Unfortunately adding that granular sorting of those items within the category might just be a similar amount of effort as adding new categories! I'll keep those sorting preferences in mind though. Currently they're sorted by when they were added to the game, which isn't the greatest method.

Removing the "Inventory:" text to make room is a great suggestion. Also, we could abbreviate the "General Items" tab to "General" for even more space savings.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1-So we did the trinket bandolier last year, so why not have a pet bandolier, it will work similar to the trinket one, and we can equip our most used/favoured pets,

2-Just a small nitpick, for next years spring event, can you stop the pets/mounts from wandering onto the garden area we decorate, cause i had the mount wandering in and out while I was working on my entry this year, if you could make that area a no go area would be great for the pet/mounts please, and do the same for the halloween event too please

1) We were originally considering having pets and mounts included in the bandolier sets, since they also have bonuses! I'm a little worried about it getting confusing having too many different sets. Its something I've got to give more thought to.

2) I'm not entirely certain how simple or complex that would be, but I'll note it down to consider for Halloween or next year's Spring Garden event.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Hope you and yours are far away from the fires. Here in Pueblo, CO we have been smoked covered haze for a week now.

I have always been meaning to ask this for years, but forget to ask. Why are the Shopping Bag and Vial Quests done as fishing instead of whacking? Also, are you EVER going to have the Super Blueberries look like Blueberries instead of Lima Beans when they are released in Satchels? Many of us players have brought this to your attention for years. Yes, it isn't a big glitch, just annoying.

Sorry to hear it's so smoky over there for you. I hope it clears up soon! We're doing fine fire/smoke-wise over here.

I suspect Justin made those quests Fishing instead of Whacking simply for variety. I understand not everyone like fishing, so I believe the solution would be a way to re-roll a daily quest somehow, as opposed to change them entirely.

I appreciate the reminder about the Super Blueberries graphic glitch! Hopefully Georgia and I will have some time to correct that soon.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:29 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I just double-checked all the graphic assignments for the Super Blueberry Seeds and didn't see any issues. It'll take a bit more investigation to get to the bottom of that one, unfortunately :(
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Horsedancer1 wrote:

When playing in the VIP mode, I would like to be able to purchase items before they expire. i.e. Leveler's Boon and some of the others, but especially this one. We can purchase more time before the VIP mode expires, and I would like to be able to add time to the other boons before time is up. Thanks!

I can see the appeal of being able to top-up the times on these VIP powers! I'll note this suggestion down to consider for a future update.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:45 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

i have enjoyed not having to show off my garden this year its been a nice change and i was able to lock out others seeing what i was doing nice feature privacy is nice sometimes HKE

I'll miss seeing your garden, but am glad you appreciate the visitor lock feature.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:49 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
1didisafe wrote:

The merchant on Ai has gnomes for sale, but the Spring Gnome is "out of stock". i know it is in event store for 25 BBs (so not 'out of stock' :P )i think it should be available to purchase on Ai too. if not, devs should take it's pic off until event is over..

The Spring Gnome ranch item is only shown as "Out of Stock" at the Holiday Enthusiast during the Spring Garden event, to encourage you to peruse that shop while it's available. I do agree it's somewhat confusing, so I'll consider changing it.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:53 PM
WhackedCrafter
Ty, Nick
Yea, I didn't do contest this year either. 1st time since Event ever started. Mostly because this is my LEAST favorite Event. Anyways, like I said, Blueberries are just annoying. And was just wondering why bags & vials were fishing.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 1:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I'll miss seeing your garden entry as well!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 23rd at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM today, Pacific time. See you then!