Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 113 - April 17th, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 10th 2023 at 2:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday April 17th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 10th 2023 at 6:20 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hey nick just a follow up from my Easter egg thats understandable and i understand where your coming from never hurts to ask.
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2023 at 1:19 AM
Last Edited April 11th 2023 at 1:20 AM
Aelendril
Hey Nick, howzit?
Wanted to know if we could get a town crier reminder when Derringer's quest is ready?
This one's easy to forget (if we don't already, I forget, been a while)

Cheers
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 11th 2023 at 10:22 AM
Last Edited April 17th 2023 at 1:10 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

1) - Just wondering if it's possible to add more lines to the game chat text box. Or let us enlarge the text box by dragging the corner like we can here on the forum, and like we once could do in game chat before the migration to the desktop version.

Right now, we can only see one line with the size 16 font, and 2 lines with the size 12 and 14 fonts. It would be a lot easier to see what we're typing before the text scrolls out of sight.

2) - Also, I think you mentioned offering us more mannequins in the future. So I'm wondering if you would consider adding a sports themed mannequin base to that list? We didn't receive the sports mannequin base in 2021 because The Summer Sports event was cancelled that year, and it will likely be cancelled again this year, since you have been alternating the sports and patriots events.

Nick I sent you email to let you know the Back to the Future image is showing for the anniversary event. Plus one other thing.

As always, thanks so much for all you do!!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2023 at 2:09 AM
Russel Denton
hi folks,

i have a few idea's/suggestions

1- the bar that has our friends at the bottom middle of the the screen, can we make it, so we can either have it hidden or have it as is perhaps, if that makes sense

2- a huge congratulations to Flybaby, whipping up that list and also those players that helped with certain locales, a bloody fantastic job i must say, so last year i believe it was, it was suggested that flybaby gets some sort of reward etc, while i said my piece, i would like to suggest that for the anniversary event ( if it's not too late) we make Flybaby a honoury dev gnome perhaps,

3- the purple chef guy from easter event, we have rock up for the dogs days of summer, and we find him a special sunscreen which turns his skin back to normal colour perhaps

4- small nitpick, the npc for the bilby quest , did not look like a bilby it looked like a demonic bunny from hell
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2023 at 2:06 PM
Last Edited April 16th 2023 at 2:07 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Small request: While doing the Easter Egg Hunt, I saw something that I thought would make for an interesting ranch item: a Man-Eating Plant. The one in the Jungle Outskirts - East of NW area, near a chest.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2023 at 3:10 PM
Russel Denton
We have one already TheCatWhispurrer, it's a giant Venus fly trap we got from a mini event, I have one on Wildlifegurus island of that helps ok be matey
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2023 at 3:36 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
It'd also be neat if we could get electric fencing like those in Cretaceous Park for our ranches and upcoming Pastures.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2023 at 4:41 PM
Last Edited April 16th 2023 at 5:31 PM
Hongkongelder1130
is there a way to advance mounts quickly like pet treats do to pets to level 5-10-20-40

I realize there is feed issues and what they can do like gems or puzzles or mana ect. in the way but perhaps that could be random???

perhaps we could use mount bucks to buy the treats? we could do it at Clint's ?? I just got a new mount over easter and am faced with how do I level him quickly?.---- and buff him up at the same time??? and i have multiple mounts too so its becoming a real problem HKE
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 16th 2023 at 4:51 PM
Last Edited April 16th 2023 at 4:56 PM
Hongkongelder1130
Also Mrs HKE turned in thirty eggs at once on the wwegg hunt and only got 5 bb. After that we only turned in ten at a time and got 5 bb. But she was sort of shorted
out of 10 bb could you make it right with her?

(sorry about posting this here but i couldn't make a ticket as the entrance to codename was giving me hell over my user name and e mail again) so post it here---- HKE
45 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 12:17 PM
Last Edited April 17th 2023 at 12:26 PM
linkisthehero
Hey, Nick! I tried looking through the previous anniversary items when the Anniversary event went live and saw that the Anniversary Statue wasn't in the shop, and I don't have it in my inventory, ranch or golf course. Is it not being sold this year? If not I completely understand since the Easter Event is also going on and it was said that the event had to be cut back some bc of it. Thanks!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hey nick just a follow up from my Easter egg thats understandable and i understand where your coming from never hurts to ask.

Agreed!
391 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:18 PM
Last Edited April 17th 2023 at 1:26 PM
BarbZak
I like cat's idea of that man eating huge plant i saw it as welll in jungle outskirts......also the huge helicopter would be nice for ranch(i asked before)and the smoldering pink purple burgandy blue flowers.
Also in mushroon core...that white tree with red on it....would be nice...
geez i dont ask for much do I,,, haha
Geez Nick how do you put upwith allll of us..is my ???
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Aelendril wrote:

Hey Nick, howzit?
Wanted to know if we could get a town crier reminder when Derringer's quest is ready?
This one's easy to forget (if we don't already, I forget, been a while)

Cheers

Derringer's two quests should already be registered with the Town Crier! Do let me know if you're unable to see them in his lists.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

1) - Just wondering if it's possible to add more lines to the game chat text box. Or let us enlarge the text box by dragging the corner like we can here on the forum, and like we once could do in game chat before the migration to the desktop version.

Right now, we can only see one line with the size 16 font, and 2 lines with the size 12 and 14 fonts. It would be a lot easier to see what we're typing before the text scrolls out of sight.

2) - Also, I think you mentioned offering us more mannequins in the future. So I'm wondering if you would consider adding a sports themed mannequin base to that list? We didn't receive the sports mannequin base in 2021 because The Summer Sports event was cancelled that year, and it will likely be cancelled again this year, since you have been alternating the sports and patriots events.

Nick I sent you email to let you know the Back to the Future image is showing for the anniversary event. Plus one other thing.

As always, thanks so much for all you do!!

1) I totally see the utility in this. It can be a bit tricky to add support for resizeable chat boxes, but I could consider at least increasing the vertical size of it.

2) Great point. I'll note a sports mannequin for the next summer sports event!

Thank you for the heads up on the incorrect news image. It has been fixed!

You're very welcome. You're all truly such a wonderful community to work with. So thank you all too!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:29 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

hi folks,

i have a few idea's/suggestions

1- the bar that has our friends at the bottom middle of the the screen, can we make it, so we can either have it hidden or have it as is perhaps, if that makes sense

2- a huge congratulations to Flybaby, whipping up that list and also those players that helped with certain locales, a bloody fantastic job i must say, so last year i believe it was, it was suggested that flybaby gets some sort of reward etc, while i said my piece, i would like to suggest that for the anniversary event ( if it's not too late) we make Flybaby a honoury dev gnome perhaps,

3- the purple chef guy from easter event, we have rock up for the dogs days of summer, and we find him a special sunscreen which turns his skin back to normal colour perhaps

4- small nitpick, the npc for the bilby quest , did not look like a bilby it looked like a demonic bunny from hell

1) The friend bar is a pretty integral part of the bottom bar UI, but I'll consider adding a toggle for it all the same. Maybe just for the friend boxes along it. This request is already on our list, but I'll re-evaluate its priority.

2) A very cute idea. Flybaby has a tribute NPC in the Prismatic Passage already, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

3) Purple Chef Guy from the Easter Event is actually a parody of a character from Futurama. They're an alien!

4) The bilby will be returning to normal in the next update. Sorry about that!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

Small request: While doing the Easter Egg Hunt, I saw something that I thought would make for an interesting ranch item: a Man-Eating Plant. The one in the Jungle Outskirts - East of NW area, near a chest.

Russel Denton wrote:

We have one already TheCatWhispurrer, it's a giant Venus fly trap we got from a mini event, I have one on Wildlifegurus island of that helps ok be matey

Yes, as Russel said, the Giant Venus Fly Trap was added in a past Endangered Species Mini-Event, I believe.

I've been meaning to add the past rewards for this mini-event to either a past items store during the mini-event or to the Holiday Enthusiast merchant for those who missed them.

TheCatWhispurrer wrote:

It'd also be neat if we could get electric fencing like those in Cretaceous Park for our ranches and upcoming Pastures.

Great suggestion! I'll note this down to add in a future update.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

is there a way to advance mounts quickly like pet treats do to pets to level 5-10-20-40

I realize there is feed issues and what they can do like gems or puzzles or mana ect. in the way but perhaps that could be random???

perhaps we could use mount bucks to buy the treats? we could do it at Clint's ?? I just got a new mount over easter and am faced with how do I level him quickly?.---- and buff him up at the same time??? and i have multiple mounts too so its becoming a real problem HKE

Currently you can only buy one level at a time from Clint for Bush Bucks or Mount Bucks, due to the mount bonuses changing each level as you mention here. It's probably not that big of an issue to randomly pick it for multiple levels if the player is simply wanting to level it regardless of the bonuses. I'll note this down to consider for a future update.

Hongkongelder1 wrote:

Also Mrs HKE turned in thirty eggs at once on the wwegg hunt and only got 5 bb. After that we only turned in ten at a time and got 5 bb. But she was sort of shorted
out of 10 bb could you make it right with her?

(sorry about posting this here but i couldn't make a ticket as the entrance to codename was giving me hell over my user name and e mail again) so post it here---- HKE

You shouldn't be able to turn in more than 10 eggs at a time at the NPC. You'll know if something is wrong if you've found all 90 buy can't make the final turn-in.

Also, if you're unable to submit a support ticket and are experiencing an issue with your account, please email bw2support@codenameentertainment.com as the next best method.
391 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 17th 2023 at 1:54 PM
Last Edited April 17th 2023 at 2:06 PM
BarbZak
NIck ik fly has a NPC is in area but after the hrs she spent updating the egg hunt list.. that is not enough for her.....I say something else should be done for her.....IK many ppl are good but they do not do the wiki like fly does..what
about a gnome like russ suggested......again IMO