Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 110 - March 27th, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2023 at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday March 27th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2023 at 3:21 PM
Last Edited March 21st 2023 at 2:31 PM
FoufiDoom
Hello again!

Just clarifying something from my last comment in the previous Q&A and answering a question.

Having a "disenchant all" button in the disenchating table's window in Elessandra's was what I meant, not in inventory. To disenchant everything without having to drag and drop any rune to the 4 available slots.

Also the "purple fella" is the Twilight Minion available in the Shimmering Quarries. :)

Edit: Could we have the exclamation marks white bubble over the critters we whack in High Jungle for the Critter Capture quest?
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 20th 2023 at 4:36 PM
Vegan1964
I've mentioned it before but I think a bar would be great idea. There is already a bar on Amicus Island. We could purchase energy or transformation drinks.
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 21st 2023 at 12:48 AM
Adino
Not sure if this has been suggested before but having a flag appear in the world map for fishing areas we have fished both items from would be a nice qol.
137 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 21st 2023 at 7:18 AM
Tola
Slogging through the flungeon makes me wonder if players would want a Fluxed Band that increases your max energy and mana by the same percentage as the dungeon depth modifier (resetting if you visit any area the Return button isn't enabled in). At lower percents you'd be better off equipping your choice of energy or mana max item, but with how it's scaling something like this might be the only way the high end players can mana whack twice in a row at max mana.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 22nd 2023 at 11:49 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
Would it be a game breaker to have the ability for the "Tuna Trouble" quest on Amicus to count towards the Farmer's Market "Fresh Fish" quest as well?

It seems odd that Tuna are not considered "Fish" :D
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 22nd 2023 at 11:52 AM
Adino
The thing is when you hand in the tuna you don't have any fish left to take back to the farmer.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2023 at 4:28 AM
Eliz
You know what would be fun for the flux? Instead of just having the puzzle be from another area, the field could be the same as the puzzle! I am getting so bored of the same field
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 26th 2023 at 2:04 AM
Last Edited March 26th 2023 at 12:09 PM
Russel Denton
1- when we are playing/whacking, we get those pop up's, saying we found a gem or rune, this can get quite annoying, could we perhaps have a option added to the cog icon, along with the music /VFX option, to turn off this types of pop-ups perhaps

2- i think it's high time, the merchants get upgraded with new stuff, here's my idea's

Botanist Merchant

- Coral ( pink or orangy colours) - i think its about time we get coral, since we have few aquatic pets now,

- enough with these northern hemisphere plants ( just joking), lets have some southern hemisphere plants here's a list of some to help

Wattle/Acacia's ( i can give specific species if required), Mistletoe ( i know mistletoe exist in the north hemisphere but the southern ones are prettier) here's a few mistletoe species Amyema cambagei,Lysiana maritima and amyema pendula, bunya pine which could have it's nuts drop or on the tree,

the Hat merchant guy

- a mad hatter top hat - purple etc
- Bucket Hat
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 6:27 AM
Last Edited March 27th 2023 at 1:18 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

Just wondering if you have a start date for the Easter Event. This year, Easter will be observed on April 9.

Also, have you been able identify the problem with my ranch?
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FoufiDoom wrote:

Hello again!

Just clarifying something from my last comment in the previous Q&A and answering a question.

Having a "disenchant all" button in the disenchating table's window in Elessandra's was what I meant, not in inventory. To disenchant everything without having to drag and drop any rune to the 4 available slots.

Also the "purple fella" is the Twilight Minion available in the Shimmering Quarries. :)

Edit: Could we have the exclamation marks white bubble over the critters we whack in High Jungle for the Critter Capture quest?

Oh I see. Thank you for clarifying about the Disenchant All button! I understand that would be convenient in the cases where you do not care what runes you'd like to disenchant. I'm not certain the additional value over the current method is worth the cost of implementing it, but I'll note it down to consider for future Quality of Life updates regardless.

Ah yes, the Twilight Minion. Thanks!

Certainly. I'll add the [!!!] icon to those quest spawns for the next update.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

I've mentioned it before but I think a bar would be great idea. There is already a bar on Amicus Island. We could purchase energy or transformation drinks.

A bar would be neat! Are you thinking to have the bar tender on Amicus sell you drinks?
90 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:24 PM
davepagsny
Hi Nick,

Why are we able to augment small runes of charity to 60% that last 31days but only 50% that last 15 days using large ones?

Also I put in a ticket on 3/20 for a flungeon problem. Can you take a look at it please?

Sorry for hijacking this thread with a personal issue.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Adino wrote:

Not sure if this has been suggested before but having a flag appear in the world map for fishing areas we have fished both items from would be a nice qol.

Something like this has been suggested before. Something to mark that a map node has a fishing area, and/or something to mark that you've fished all possible items from the fishing hole at that area, as you suggest here.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Tola wrote:

Slogging through the flungeon makes me wonder if players would want a Fluxed Band that increases your max energy and mana by the same percentage as the dungeon depth modifier (resetting if you visit any area the Return button isn't enabled in). At lower percents you'd be better off equipping your choice of energy or mana max item, but with how it's scaling something like this might be the only way the high end players can mana whack twice in a row at max mana.

Oh, certainly something that mitigates the flungeon costs would make for an interesting trinket! I'll note that down to consider.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:35 PM
Last Edited March 27th 2023 at 1:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy) wrote:

Would it be a game breaker to have the ability for the "Tuna Trouble" quest on Amicus to count towards the Farmer's Market "Fresh Fish" quest as well?

It seems odd that Tuna are not considered "Fish" :D

I totally see the logic here. "Fish" by this quest's standards means energy drops while fishing (which fish bait affects, versus finding valuables via the gold bait, or junk otherwise). Quest items, like the Tough Tuna are confusingly not considered the same as the fish you catch that yield energy.

Adino wrote:
The thing is when you hand in the tuna you don't have any fish left to take back to the farmer.

Adino provides an alternate in-world explanation, haha!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:39 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Eliz wrote:

You know what would be fun for the flux? Instead of just having the puzzle be from another area, the field could be the same as the puzzle! I am getting so bored of the same field

Similarly, I was originally planning to have the Flungeon fields draw from all the different regions in Bushwhackia! I may add more in the future, but it's been too time consuming with the production schedule so far.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:45 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- when we are playing/whacking, we get those pop up's, saying we found a gem or rune, this can get quite annoying, could we perhaps have a option added to the cog icon, along with the music /VFX option, to turn off this types of pop-ups perhaps

2- i think it's high time, the merchants get upgraded with new stuff, here's my idea's

Botanist Merchant

- Coral ( pink or orangy colours) - i think its about time we get coral, since we have few aquatic pets now,

- enough with these northern hemisphere plants ( just joking), lets have some southern hemisphere plants here's a list of some to help

Wattle/Acacia's ( i can give specific species if required), Mistletoe ( i know mistletoe exist in the north hemisphere but the southern ones are prettier) here's a few mistletoe species Amyema cambagei,Lysiana maritima and amyema pendula, bunya pine which could have it's nuts drop or on the tree,

the Hat merchant guy

- a mad hatter top hat - purple etc
- Bucket Hat

1) Adding a "Hide Item Notifications" option in Gear menu is already on our list to consider adding. It's a popular suggestion, certainly.

2) Excellent suggestions! I'll note these down to consider for a future Amicus merchant update.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 27th 2023 at 1:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

Just wondering if you have a start date for the Easter Event. This year, Easter will be observed on April 9.

Also, have you been able identify the problem with my ranch?

We're aiming to start the Easter event next week on Friday April 7th.

I haven't had a chance to look into the ranch loading issues. I haven't experienced any issues with them on my end, so it's difficult for me to debug them!