Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
All new Dino Dig mini event!
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 2nd 2022 at 8:56 AM
Anja Giersch
On another note: I have been trying to find some of my trinkets. I don't know what happened but some..I say some... have disappeared.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd 2022 at 10:55 AM
jpl77
Hello Nick,

I've been asking / suggesting for new large community quests for a long time so thank you for finally implementing one.

Here are my comments if interested.

1) I'm glad this was an event that made the playing field even for old and new players as far as trinkets were concerned.

2) The event started slow for digging, but then got faster the more we found, and the more turn ins we completed. I enjoyed unlocking new trinkets and upgrades. I wish there was more upgrades to get which made the process faster. I would have liked to see rising costs of upgrades, but the ability to do x10 or x20..... or even x100 digs with one click.

3) I didn't like that the event was split across the commons and the event area

4) as others have said, I personally don' t like that a trinket was made available for purchase, but only for a small limited time. It would be more reasonable if it was permanently available and this was a more frequent event.

5) i had lots of clues, fossils and tokens. IMO I didn't mind the 'expensive' costs of satchels. I didn't like that in the first 10 satchels the rewards were event items like fossils.

6) this event was completed too quickly and too easily by the community. I don't like community events that run on time limits, I would like see these events run til completion of collected quest items. Dino Dig event could have been set for 1 million turn ins.

Thanks and hope to see more massive community quests and community group challenges.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 9:42 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Thank you all for the feedback!

Every new update is an experiment, so I appreciate you both participating in the event and sharing your honest feedback. I'll take it into consideration!

The Dig Satchel has been giving the wrong loot! It's now been fixed, and please redeem this coupon code for a free Dig Satchel as some compensation:

DINO-DIGS-ATCH-ELSS
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 9:44 AM
Eliz
hmmm.. thanks, but I guess there is no way to compensate for the other satchels I bought?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 9:46 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Send me a support ticket and I'll sort out the remaining satchels.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 9:47 AM
Eliz
ur a peach
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 10:17 AM
Flybaby
Thanks for the code Nick.
2 questions please:

1) Why am I getting multiple "Fossil Clues" as rewards for defeating the Flungeon Boss? (especially now that the goal has been reached)

2)Is Ye "Excavaction" Emporium a Typo or intended? Should it be spelled "Excavation"?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 10:28 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
1) The event is still active and players can continue to dig fossils to get Dig Tokens until noon on Wednesday.

2) That is a typo! I'll correct it pronto.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 10:34 AM
Last Edited July 4th 2022 at 10:36 AM
Flybaby
Ok then. I'll hold off on doing the Flungeon Boss until the dino event is over. The Final Boss only appears after completing the last depth of a Tier, so I didn't think the Fossil Clues should be included in the rewards for the Flungeon Boss, as we can easily get them when whacking in any field.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2022 at 10:54 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The bosses in the Flungeon essentially remember all the times you've whacked them, and pour out all those rewards upon defeat. They're a bush with a very good memory.
20 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2022 at 7:49 AM
Bugoira
I'm enjoying the Dino Dig event, in part for what it is today, and in part for the potential!
I like: the option to hear a dino pun, the interactive banana phone, the building of dinosaur skeletons, the fossil turn-in being like the food turn-in from the patriotic event - makes me laugh, the helicopter travel, (sure it takes extra time, but it adds to the atmosphere of the event!), the whole dig site, and the many many BB purchasable dino pets and mounts!
To add my own suggestions:
1) add some dialogue to find out about the "Bandit Inc" sack
2) More dinosaur skeletons being created by the player - maybe one to take to the ranch?!
3) added dialogue for the dino-head NPC to offer going back to the commons for fossil turn-in, in order to witness the skeletons being created
4) more tiers to the community collection? We hit the original goal and received the reward; perhaps continued working together on multiple tiers for increased rewards or just multiples of the original reward?
5) scaling of the energy rewards from the fossil turn-ins? I remember that at a low level, a couple of hundred energy was a big reward; at the higher levels, a mere drop in the bucket, haha.
6) a pick-axe! I searched my inventory twice and could only find a lava pick-axe. For dressing up my character for this event, I'd love to have a pick-axe!
Thank you for a fun and different event!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 8th 2022 at 3:55 PM
Last Edited July 8th 2022 at 3:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The devs are looking for feedback! Please complete the Dino Dig Mini Event Survey!