Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
All new Dino Dig mini event!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 29th 2022 at 12:12 PM
Last Edited September 27th at 10:28 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)

Coppers of the Creature Collector

Unearth fossils in an all new mini event!

For more details, check out the blog!

And here's the release notes!

This mini event runs until noon on Wednesday July 6th, Pacific Time!
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 29th 2022 at 1:17 PM
Eliz
questions: how do we know how many fossils we turned in?
there are no descriptions on the boosts so how to decide which to buy?
153 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 29th 2022 at 11:20 PM
Bota
why does the bone fossil look like a penis with sultanas :) . Just like the cow hat event but diffy body part . BUT like seriously do you not check this before the event is on !?!?
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 6:15 AM
Anja Giersch
I am confused. How does the digging work? I have the tier 5 pickaxe fully loaded but I can't do a mana whack.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 6:26 AM
Anja Giersch
Now I uploaded the pickaxe to 65 but still not able to do a mana whack
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 6:31 AM
Eliz
@Anja, the regular digging trinkets do not work on the event - some players have not got that far in the game. you have to dig based on the ? ?? and ?! clues until you get enough fossils to buy the event trinket for mana digging
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 6:50 AM
Anja Giersch
I just saw that you can update your pickaxe for the event. Thank you for explaining!
Post by Horsedancer1 deleted June 30th 2022 at 10:42 AM
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 10:42 AM
Horsedancer1
I purchased the sonic excavating yard stick and finally found it in all the mixed up trinkets and got it installed. Then I bought the dowsing dig upgrade and it is not in my trinkets. I would LOVE having the ability to sort trinkets as the ruins are sorted, or even just by name instead of them all in one big bundle.
@Nick can you tell me where my dowsing dig trinket has gone?
Thanks!
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 11:52 AM
Eliz
The dousing dig is not a trinket that needs to be equipped. when you go to dig, you will see that you are now able to use mana to point the direction
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 2:12 PM
Horsedancer1
Thank you so much, Eliz! I will give it a try. SO very frustrating to try and find it in the trinkets!!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 2:24 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
To be clear, there are no trinkets needed for this mini-event, and the upgrades are not trinkets. They automatically apply when you purchase them.

Apologies for the confusion!
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 2:35 PM
Horsedancer1
Thanks Nick. I had to place the sonic yardstick in as a trinket. Will it work without doing that? And I would still love a sort feature in the trinkets, similar to the runes sort.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 2:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The Yardstick feature should only work if you've purchased the Dino Dig Starter Pack, not if you have the trinket equipped.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 2:54 PM
Last Edited June 30th 2022 at 3:01 PM
Horsedancer1
I did purchase the starter kit, and it is working as a trinket. I will take it back out and see if it still works. Thanks!
EDIT: Nope it does have to be equipped as a trinket to work. I went back to my old trinket list and it did not work.
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2022 at 10:55 PM
Last Edited June 30th 2022 at 11:29 PM
Anubischick
Well even though I like dinosaurs and palaeontology, I'm not liking this event. Sorry Nick and CNE at al., but the digging is so tedious, and no I'm not spending $10 RWM on an item for a single event, or even a single annual event. If you'd made the upgrade to my already existing dig tools via event currency or even BB's I may have considered it, but this just unpleasant. I'll get to 100% and then ignore the event until it's done which is really a shame because I like the concept a lot. Also given it's a collective effort to garner the most fossils I feel like I'm letting people down by avoiding the tedium and that, again, makes this unpleasant.

Oh and before anyone jumps up and down up about a $10 payment, take a moment to consider I'm playing a F2P game for a reason and my situation and yours may be vastly different.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st 2022 at 7:29 AM
Eliz
I have to admit, I am in the "not a fan" camp. I guess I got a bad taste when I finally saved up enough tokens to buy a satchel. I expected to win DNA, pet treat, feeds or mount bucks, or so I was led to believe by the description. In it I got a fossil which then gave me a token. 84:1 not cool
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st 2022 at 7:48 AM
Horsedancer1
I am not a fan of this event either. I don't like the digging, did not like having to purchase something to really start finding fossils as I already pay $10 per month to have the VIP status for those benefits.

And this whole last month there were way too many things you wanted us to buy that we had to click through every time we logged into the game. These are hard times and I can purchase a game that is mine to play forever for $6. So I am seriously thinking about whether or not I want to continue playing this game. And I have been playing it for 3261 days so have spent $$$ to be able to play BW2.
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st 2022 at 5:42 PM
linkisthehero
I have to be blunt about a few things about this event. While I do personally enjoy this event and don't mind the digging too much, I'm baffled as to why the Yardstick only lasts until the end of the event before expiring. Honestly, it just makes the pack not worth purchasing for me knowing that after the event is done it's gone for good. I also have to agree with Horsedancer1's complaint about the amount of sale pop-ups on login as of late. I get that money has to be made to keep the game running, but it gets tedious having to click the X button on like four or five different windows every time I log in.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 2nd 2022 at 6:32 AM
Eliz
@link.. I counted 12 popups at one point...