Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 63 - February 16th, 2022
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2022 at 2:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday February 16th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2022 at 3:18 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Reminder - I would like to removed from the leaderboard, or if it's easier to program, the ability to toggle my name off the board. Thank you.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2022 at 3:55 PM
Last Edited February 14th 2022 at 5:48 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

During events we get more than the usual number of help requests from friends, but we can only view the first 100 requests. We don't have any indicator showing there may be more requests waiting.

After clicking "Accept All," requests, we see a blank page that says "no requests," even though we may have actually have another 100 or more waiting.

The only way to see if we have more requests is to close the window and click on the pink request icon to re-open it. I wonder how many players think they've accepted all their requests and never go back to look for more.

Could you please add an arrow or something to indicate there is a 2nd or 3rd page of requests? Right now, the only way to truly know the "exact" number of requests we have waiting (over 100) is to view it on our browser profile page, which a lot of players don't visit often.

Thanks.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 15th 2022 at 7:18 PM
Last Edited February 16th 2022 at 12:41 PM
Eliz
Hi Nick,
I love my pets, but sometimes they really get in the way! Right now I am raising a Feathered Phoenix, a real beauty, but I have missed fishing up items because it blocks the hole. It's hard to pick up spawning items in the fields too. I have to navigate around the flapping bird.
We are able to dismount but still keep mount attributes. It would be great to do that with our pets, too... only for those times when they hinder us!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 5:10 AM
Russel Denton
I second Eliz's idea about allowing us to dismount/unequip our pets like we do our mounts but still keep the attributes

also i remember a few years ago perhaps 5-6 years ago after a event we had some form of evaluation form type thing for the event and to suggest possible improvements, would it be so hard to bring that back and to have some kind of incentive like perhaps 5bb's if you fill out the evaluation form perhaps or something at least
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 1:12 PM
WhackedCrafter
All my years of playing BW2 I have never known why some players have a yellow ! in my Buddy List. Why/What does it mean? They're on players that haven't played in days as well as those who have just played.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 2:53 PM
Last Edited February 16th 2022 at 2:54 PM
Flybaby
@WhackedCrafter,

To my knowledge, the yellow ! means that these players have crops planted that can be helped, but not necessarily withered. ***[Nick please verify]***
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 2:59 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:03 PM
WhackedCrafter
@Flybaby... I thought that, also, but not true because some have no crops or their crops are fine.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy) wrote:

Reminder - I would like to removed from the leaderboard, or if it's easier to program, the ability to toggle my name off the board. Thank you.

At this time, all I can do is hide your name from the leaderboard, which I've done for you.

Anyone else interested in having their name hidden from the ranking please submit a support ticket.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

During events we get more than the usual number of help requests from friends, but we can only view the first 100 requests. We don't have any indicator showing there may be more requests waiting.

After clicking "Accept All," requests, we see a blank page that says "no requests," even though we may have actually have another 100 or more waiting.

The only way to see if we have more requests is to close the window and click on the pink request icon to re-open it. I wonder how many players think they've accepted all their requests and never go back to look for more.

Could you please add an arrow or something to indicate there is a 2nd or 3rd page of requests? Right now, the only way to truly know the "exact" number of requests we have waiting (over 100) is to view it on our browser profile page, which a lot of players don't visit often.

Thanks.

I wasn't aware of this! I'll add this to the bug list and look into it when I can.
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:13 PM
Peggy
Nick, could we buy BB's with a credit card instead of going through PayPal? Other games that I buy bonuses on are all in Cdn. funds
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Eliz wrote:

Hi Nick,
I love my pets, but sometimes they really get in the way! Right now I am raising a Feathered Phoenix, a real beauty, but I have missed fishing up items because it blocks the hole. It's hard to pick up spawning items in the fields too. I have to navigate around the flapping bird.
We are able to dismount but still keep mount attributes. It would be great to do that with our pets, too... only for those times when they hinder us!

Russel Denton wrote:

I second Eliz's idea about allowing us to dismount/unequip our pets like we do our mounts but still keep the attributes

I can totally get behind this request! I've noted it down and will look into it when I have some time, thanks!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:14 PM
Flybaby
thanks nick
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

also i remember a few years ago perhaps 5-6 years ago after a event we had some form of evaluation form type thing for the event and to suggest possible improvements, would it be so hard to bring that back and to have some kind of incentive like perhaps 5bb's if you fill out the evaluation form perhaps or something at least

Yes, we used to do regular surveys when we had a dedicated Community Manager. It's something I've been meaning to bring back, like how I did the 2021 streaming survey using Google Forms.

I'm still catching up on content, but I may try one for the next Quality of Life update, in order to see if my priorities align with the community's, and to get any suggestions from less vocal players.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:22 PM
Flybaby
Just curious about the swapping of Burl and Faun partners.

I know you can't do the gift of love at the same time, but if you accept the Burl/Faun quests, does this reset the cooldown for the gift of love, ie do we have to wait another week for it to come up again? A few players on chat have been asking about this.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:22 PM
Last Edited February 16th 2022 at 3:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

All my years of playing BW2 I have never known why some players have a yellow ! in my Buddy List. Why/What does it mean? They're on players that haven't played in days as well as those who have just played.

Flybaby wrote:
@WhackedCrafter,

To my knowledge, the yellow ! means that these players have crops planted that can be helped, but not necessarily withered. ***[Nick please verify]***

WhackedCrafter wrote:
@Flybaby... I thought that, also, but not true because some have no crops or their crops are fine.

Flybaby is correct, that the yellow '!' will show on a friend who has crops ready for help. However there's an additional requirement that you have helps available to give, which may explain why you're not always seeing it, WhackedCrafter.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:26 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nope, not correct. They are there no matter if I have available help to offer or not. And like I said, they will be on players that have no crops or if have crops their crops are fine.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:27 PM
WhackedCrafter
It isn't a big deal, just have wondered all these years.Guess will still wonder why.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 16th 2022 at 3:31 PM
Eliz
hmmm... whacked.... the yellow ! is supposed to only be on buddies who have crops planted. If they have a yellow ! and no crops, then you should send a ticket.

I would like to see a brown ! for friends with withered crops