Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 54 - December 1st, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 11:32 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday December 1st at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 1:22 PM
Last Edited November 29th 2021 at 1:39 PM
Vegan1964
Regarding my request for an invisible pet. I was thinking of a pet that would level up as usual but wouldn't be seen. Maybe it could zap bushes and critters but not be seen?

For the next dog's day holiday, could we have big dogs--Great Danes, Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, Wolfhounds, etc? Or maybe tiny dogs--Yorkies, Papillion, Shih Tzu, pugs, etc?

I wanted to add that the previous suggestion of being able to see the parade more than once is great!
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 2:23 PM
IamGroot
The new VIP boost has altered how spawn quests drop when not using the boost. Not loving the change.
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 5:42 PM
FishyIsUnique
I think we need a place where players can sell or give items that they aren't using or don't want anymore to other players. There would have to be another type of cash... Barter Bucks! So you would eliminate the trading stuff issues. I see things on other players' properties that I like, all the time. Then, I see them, bring up that I like *whatever*... and more often than not, I will get an answer like, "I'd give it to you, if I could", "I don't like it as much as I thought", "I never use it".
So bushwhacker Trading Post, huh?
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 6:23 PM
AquireWhite
Thank you for everything Nick! Hope you are looking forward to a great holiday season.

Just as there is a "Favorites" option for clothing and trinkets, would it be possible to set "Favorite" friends?

I have a set of friends I share daily crop helps. Since we don't have a way to set the HUD friend list, yet. We could filter friends by favorites. The current friends list has a Sort by option now (Name, Level (Descending), Level (Ascending), Last Played, Has Crops).
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 6:24 PM
AquireWhite
I like FishyIsUnique's idea: think we need a place where players can sell or give items that they aren't using or don't want anymore to other players.

Could be like a Flea Market or Yard Sale.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 29th 2021 at 10:00 PM
Eliz
I am not so sure players should be able to trade stuff. Long time players who have all the CIs would have no need to buy anything. If people gave them "Barter Bucks" they would not be able to use them.
Also, giving items that would contribute to achievements would not be right. Those should be earned, not gifted.
I would rather just get rid of stuff in my inventory and get points for Recycling or Goodwill and get an achievement for that.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2021 at 6:45 AM
Eliz
I have a suggestion for the AI treasure chest. Instead of having 30 popups to answer (annoying) and the rest of the items in small popups (player misses some information), can you please change it to a single popup listing everything that is in the chest?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2021 at 7:13 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick
Do you have a start/end date for the Christmas Event? It traditionally runs an extra 4-5 days longer than other events.
Thanks for all your hard work throughout the year. It is much appreciated.
Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 2:36 AM
Last Edited December 1st 2021 at 12:11 PM
Russel Denton
i have a few idea's to share

1- seeing how some players are asking for a way to get rid of excess pet eggs, i thought of a way that is already implemented in the game.......we could gift our excess eggs to players who needs certain gen eggs, and when they get the egg they could send some form of payment either gold,gems or even unwanted DNA perhaps back to the player, like a barter system

2- i second Eliz suggestion to shorten the amount of pop ups for the AI chest, just shorten it to one perhaps

3- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - we could equip 2 pets at once and use them

4- are we going to be getting the 2nd part of the new zone by the end of the year , or start of the new year ?
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:16 AM
mshellgirl1969
Nick, turned in a ticket on Sunday and have yet to get a reply. This has been an ongoing issue and it has happened for four days now. Please check my ticket I turned in? Please and thank you!!!
Michele
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Regarding my request for an invisible pet. I was thinking of a pet that would level up as usual but wouldn't be seen. Maybe it could zap bushes and critters but not be seen?

For the next dog's day holiday, could we have big dogs--Great Danes, Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, Wolfhounds, etc? Or maybe tiny dogs--Yorkies, Papillion, Shih Tzu, pugs, etc?

I wanted to add that the previous suggestion of being able to see the parade more than once is great!

Thanks for the follow up on the invisible pet idea! I'll update my notes on it.

Great dog suggestions! I'll note them down for Georgia to consider for next year.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
IamGroot wrote:

The new VIP boost has altered how spawn quests drop when not using the boost. Not loving the change.

Could you submit a support ticket with the details on this, IamGroot?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FishyIsUnique wrote:

I think we need a place where players can sell or give items that they aren't using or don't want anymore to other players. There would have to be another type of cash... Barter Bucks! So you would eliminate the trading stuff issues. I see things on other players' properties that I like, all the time. Then, I see them, bring up that I like *whatever*... and more often than not, I will get an answer like, "I'd give it to you, if I could", "I don't like it as much as I thought", "I never use it".
So bushwhacker Trading Post, huh?

Very cool idea! I've heard similar ideas before. Are you specifically thinking for ranch items?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:24 PM
Last Edited December 1st 2021 at 3:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

Thank you for everything Nick! Hope you are looking forward to a great holiday season.

Just as there is a "Favorites" option for clothing and trinkets, would it be possible to set "Favorite" friends?

I have a set of friends I share daily crop helps. Since we don't have a way to set the HUD friend list, yet. We could filter friends by favorites. The current friends list has a Sort by option now (Name, Level (Descending), Level (Ascending), Last Played, Has Crops).

Adding favourites to the friend dialog has been suggested before! I'll consider it for the next Quality of Life update.
You're welcome! Happy holiday season to you as well, AquireWhite!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Eliz wrote:

I have a suggestion for the AI treasure chest. Instead of having 30 popups to answer (annoying) and the rest of the items in small popups (player misses some information), can you please change it to a single popup listing everything that is in the chest?

I agree a list of the contents would be much easier to absorb! I'll note this down to consider for a Quality of Life update.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick
Do you have a start/end date for the Christmas Event? It traditionally runs an extra 4-5 days longer than other events.
Thanks for all your hard work throughout the year. It is much appreciated.
Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

I've currently got the Christmas event penciled in for Monday December 13th, as we usually aim for the 12th which falls on a Sunday this year.

Happy Holidays!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:43 PM
Last Edited December 1st 2021 at 3:43 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

i have a few idea's to share

1- seeing how some players are asking for a way to get rid of excess pet eggs, i thought of a way that is already implemented in the game.......we could gift our excess eggs to players who needs certain gen eggs, and when they get the egg they could send some form of payment either gold,gems or even unwanted DNA perhaps back to the player, like a barter system

2- i second Eliz suggestion to shorten the amount of pop ups for the AI chest, just shorten it to one perhaps

3- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - we could equip 2 pets at once and use them

4- are we going to be getting the 2nd part of the new zone by the end of the year , or start of the new year ?

1) We don't want to affect the progression of another player's game too much, but we'll consider this change.
2) Noted!
3) There are some balancing concerns with using two pets at once, but I see the appeal!
4) Part 2 of the Prismatic Passage will come after the Endless Flux Dungeon, so likely in the new year.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2021 at 3:45 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mshellgirl1969 wrote:

Nick, turned in a ticket on Sunday and have yet to get a reply. This has been an ongoing issue and it has happened for four days now. Please check my ticket I turned in? Please and thank you!!!
Michele

I'll check your ticket as soon as I can. I've got to balance all my responsibilities with development on the Endless Flux Dungeon update, and have been focusing on that. Will catch up on tickets soon!