Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 40 - August 25th, 2021
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:24 PM
linkisthehero
Ayyy, my first Dev Q&A event!

One suggestion I have is the addition of a search function for the Ye Olde Furniture Shoppe and Alchemist Crafting Station. While small, I feel it could save some time in finding that one decoration you're looking to buy for your ranch or that one rune you're fixing to craft.

Also, I enjoyed the Dog Days of Summer Event! Looking forward to the next time it runs along with the next event!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:32 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Here is some ideas/suggestions I have

1.For the Dogs Day Event, we have to do quests for the fishing guy at the pool in the event area, I was wondering instead of us having to teleport everytime to our ranch and back to the event area, what if the Fishing guy was already on our ranch already and saves us from all that teleporting , and in the commons/event area we could have a NPC tell us we have a quest on our ranch

2. I was roaming through the zones and noticed some pretty cool things which would look good on our ranches, so I noted them down here they are

-Lamp Tree – Deep Swamp, south of top right field
-Pair of owls in a tree – Creepy Crevice right at the start of that area
-Tribal hut – Tribal Village, SW of top right field
-Lamp post – Crystal mine Entrance, entrance at the start of the area
-Toucan statue ( minus the pillar ) – Lush Climb, Top Left field in the middle of it

3. While I was roaming through different zones, I spotted that big dwarf robot , in the Molten Core, SE of the bottom left field, I was thinking that would be a great mount if it was just a bit bigger

4. Just adding on to Flybabys idea for the green lantern from the Halloween event...in the spring event we can buy the flowers for seeds, what if for the halloween event we could do the same thing but but buy the halloween decorations with pumpkins so we can put them on our ranch

From Russel Denton A.K.A WildlifeGuru007/JURASSIC007

1) That would be more convenient! It can be a little unpredictable how players have their ranches set up, so it might be tricky to find a spot for him on your ranch. I'll consider it for next year though.

2) Thanks for catching these! I'll note them down to consider making them available somewhere.

3) A robot dwarf mount would be fun! I'll note that down for Georgia to consider mountifying

4) The Haunted Mansion decorations already cost pumpkins, but I'll consider making the other mansion doodads available somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions, Russel!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:33 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Just to piggyback russ suggestion for one instead of the NPC on the ranch why not add fishing hole to the event area for teh duration of the event.

Another option let us build a fishing dock for teh island or complete the quest from the commons fishing hole.

Fair points, Matthew! I'll consider these as well for next year's Dog Days event.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

From Mrs HKE could we see the fairy horse mount return again

Glad to hear she likes the Fairy Horse! I'll consider making it available again.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:38 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
linkisthehero wrote:

Ayyy, my first Dev Q&A event!

One suggestion I have is the addition of a search function for the Ye Olde Furniture Shoppe and Alchemist Crafting Station. While small, I feel it could save some time in finding that one decoration you're looking to buy for your ranch or that one rune you're fixing to craft.

Also, I enjoyed the Dog Days of Summer Event! Looking forward to the next time it runs along with the next event!

Good to see you here, linkisthehero! Glad to hear you liked the Dog Days event!

I already plan to add a search bar to the ranch store, and also adding one to the Alchemy Crafting Station is a great idea! I agree it can be a pain to scroll through all the recipes when you know which one you want.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:39 PM
Flybaby
Any news tidbits or time frame on things you're working on Nick?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:48 PM
Last Edited August 25th 2021 at 2:48 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Any news tidbits or time frame on things you're working on Nick?

Good question!

So Georgia and I have got Generation 14 Pets ready to roll to go out in the next couple weeks.

I've been polishing up the Flux Dungeon, but it's still in the works. I'm getting very excited about it though! I had mentioned on the stream a week or two ago that I implemented a suggested system where you can choose one of three paths to go, and you can see what item you'll get from that area, so you can focus on different things as you proceed through the dungeon. And I'm just finishing up supporting sliding and sudoku puzzles as occasional replacements to the normal field. Lots of little bits between those as well. Hopefully not too much longer.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:55 PM
Flybaby
Sounds great Nick. I look forward to the new changes.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 2:56 PM
Flybaby
Any mini events this weekend?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
There's _something_ this weekend! But I won't spoil what it is.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

This Friday's livestream is cancelled, but I'll chat with you folks Friday morning in-game! We'll resume the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream next Friday! Ta ta for now!
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 25th 2021 at 3:08 PM
linkisthehero
Thank you for hosting the Dev Q&As, Nick! Looking forward to all the upcoming changes and the surprise mini event this weekend! See y'all later! Happy whacking! :D