| Page 1 2 3
Q&A 27 - May 19th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bushmasta wrote:

Hi there!

I have some suggestions as well. ;)

1. Can we get teleporter on our farm as well, please?
It could be one of the more convenient places to have it. To speed up the route (pick up quests in town) -> (farm) -> (quest hub)

2. Pets search...

3. Maybe something new to do in town finally? Some new citizen or something?
Like, for example, Machinist that would give quests to build things. maybe pets/mounts/boosters etc. First You help him/her set up a shop, than You actually build mechanical mount(s) and pet(s) on some kind of daily quests chain. And once You build all of them, You can continue questing for boosts.

That's all for now :)

1) This has been suggested before, and I'd like to add it. The Port Co. teleporters have multiple pieces so it's unfortunately not as easy as just dropping one in as a ranch item. But I agree it would be very helpful to have one there!

2) Noted! A search bar on the Pet Progress dialog is a popular request.

3) That's a neat idea! The Commons is already full up, but I've been considering adding a second zone to it, where we could put some new buildings and citizens, like your suggestion!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:32 PM
Flybaby
Bobbi is correct. The only way to earn event tokens is by doing the daily quests, and by having the judges rate your garden. So, there aren't many tokens left over to buy satchels, or flowers for your ranch if you haven't already.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:34 PM
Last Edited May 19th 2021 at 2:34 PM
IamGroot
It would be fun to be able to purchase a mini-tractor for the event for 1000's of seeds. lel

(speaking of which, a smaller ranch tractor would be much appreciated)
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

OK, a couple more things about the event. If I want to take a sneak peak at a buddy's garden, it is so hard to find them on the list. I have asked for arrows (minimally) to make scrolling easier, but a search bar would be even better, to see them by name.
Also, keeping track of growing plants is cumbersome. A countdown for spring garden, like the one for regular crops, on the play screen, would be most helpful.

The Friends popup is another good place to add a search bar, totally.

A countdown for Spring Garden crops is a good idea as well. I'll note that down to consider for next year.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:42 PM
Last Edited May 19th 2021 at 2:44 PM
BarbZak
I would rather use the seeds for buying flowers not tokens.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:48 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

I like Bobbi's idea, about the MANY seeds. I have been using them to purchase the fertilizer everyday, which has helped me with my last Ranch crop (passion fruit) FINALLY get to level 10, which was the last crop needed to get the achievement. It would be nice to be able to use the seeds to purchase permanent ranch items.

I LOVE Russell's idea to be able to rotate the hedges on the diagonal, which also be great to have on the other hedges in our inventory, along with the walls.

I have a question that has bugged me for years. Why don't our Ranch's garden items have the ability to line up centered with the Ranch's front door entrance? When placed they will only go slightly off to the left or right, but never true center.

@Bushmasta... you can transport quickly to your Ranch, it is in the "Blue Swirl" icon at the bottom of your screen next to your inventory bag. When you click on that it will bring up the icon to go to your Island (if you have one) on-top, then your Golf Course, Amicus Island, Commons, and then the Ranch. But if you're meaning a regular blue transport to be able to go to other transports, that would be nice.

Regarding the ranch items being off center, everything is placed on a grid, and it could be the gateways are an even or odd number wide, and the items don't match up in a way that lets them center up with it. If there are ranch items you think should be able to line up properly with the entrance, let me know (via a ticket or email), and I can see if I can adjust it.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:51 PM
Last Edited May 19th 2021 at 2:52 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Apologies if this has already been asked ....
Is there any chance of making the 2 Flower Boxes rotatable?

This sounds familiar. I'll note it down for Georgia to consider drawing rotated frames to make those event flower boxes able to be rotated. Same for the Roses!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

Nick,
You are mistaken about how to get more tokens in this event. Your plants do not give you tokens to spend. I would be happier if that were the case. Your plants give you event progress. Once the final critic gives you an A+, you can not win more tokens by playing or planting more. Total tokens is a finite number. After 3 days of play, I have no incentive to collect stuff in the event. There is really no way to use all the seeds that I have/will collect.

Ah, yes! You're absolutely right. My mistake. Same issue with Halloween. I'll give this some more thought for the Halloween and next Spring Garden event. I do think you should be able to use your extra seeds to get more tokens somehow. Barring that, to be able to spend seeds on more things.

You're probably already aware, but long ago Justin did add the Bursting Bush crop that functions similar to a prize/snack pack. You spend seeds to grow the bush which yields random energy, mana, power, and gold.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:57 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
IamGroot wrote:

It would be fun to be able to purchase a mini-tractor for the event for 1000's of seeds. lel

(speaking of which, a smaller ranch tractor would be much appreciated)

A popular request! Will consider a Spring Event only tractor you can buy for the duration of the event to speed up growing the event crops.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:59 PM
WhackedCrafter
And on the subject of Spring Event tokens. Why is this event always stingy on giving tokens? I have, yet, been able to get all the items from the vendor and usually by this time I have and can start buying GB.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:59 PM
IamGroot
Just even to harvest and re-till.

Any thoughts on the smaller ranch tractor? It's so HUGE
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The reason is the tokens are limited by the judge cooldown, WhackedCrafter. Something I'll re-evaluate for Halloween and next year's Spring Garden event.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:00 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
I really like the CNE twitch emote that is a chest of gold, it already looks very much like an emote that could work for the bw2 streams. It got me thinking about the newsletter codes, blog/update codes often offered, and the twitch stream codes. I think it would be wonderful fun to have a code that would occasionally drop an actual treasure chest, somewhere in the commons (there could be 10 random locations) that players would have to search to find, for a the prize. This would be epic if this was done when there is a particulaly excellent item available - like a unique trinket, a big bag of fertilizer, a bush buck prize, a free pet or mount, the possibilities are endless.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
IamGroot wrote:

Just even to harvest and re-till.

Any thoughts on the smaller ranch tractor? It's so HUGE

Noted! And no, I haven't thought about adding a smaller tractor. I'll note your request to consider though.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:02 PM
Last Edited May 19th 2021 at 3:03 PM
BarbZak
I noticed that the seeds out weigh the spring tokens....Plzz balance them out.(IE last judge should give us 10+ tokens.for A+..if not more..)..IMO
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy) wrote:

I really like the CNE twitch emote that is a chest of gold, it already looks very much like an emote that could work for the bw2 streams. It got me thinking about the newsletter codes, blog/update codes often offered, and the twitch stream codes. I think it would be wonderful fun to have a code that would occasionally drop an actual treasure chest, somewhere in the commons (there could be 10 random locations) that players would have to search to find, for a the prize. This would be epic if this was done when there is a particulaly excellent item available - like a unique trinket, a big bag of fertilizer, a bush buck prize, a free pet or mount, the possibilities are endless.

Very interesting idea, Kate! I'll note it down to consider. Thanks for sharing.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Hope to see you in the livestream this Friday at 3:30 PM Pacific on https://www.twitch.tv/cnegames! Ta ta for now!
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:06 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Better yet, a chest drop for a mini event - it occurs to me that not everybody will get the newsletter, or redeem codes, so if it's a particularly nice unique item, folks might miss out on it this way, where they wouldn't if it was a mini quest. I didn't think it through.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:07 PM
Flybaby
Nick ... regarding the Bursting Bush crop that yields random energy, mana, power, and gold.... Sorry to say ... I remember from last year, that the payout wasn't worth it.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 3:35 PM
Last Edited May 19th 2021 at 3:37 PM
BarbZak
Flybaby.

For 40 seeds and 4 hrs to grow BBCrop..the payout I got was mainly gold...so it is a def... no no..