Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 27 - May 19th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 17th 2021 at 11:41 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday May 19th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2021 at 12:11 PM
Bobbi Brown
This event has always been my favourite. The only thing is, after less than 3 days, I have grown enough plants to satisfy the critic and haven't anything to spend the thousands of spare seeds I have accumulated so far (many more thousands to come). In every other event, one can turn in event items for tokens to buy satchels. That option is missing from this event (and Hallowe'en) and I have to wonder why.
25 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2021 at 1:46 PM
FishyIsUnique
Wow, Bobbi... Lucky you, to have so many extra seeds. Devs, I would like to request that players with too many seeds, be required to pass them on to ME!!!! lol, kidding (kinda).
All joking aside, I would like to ask a serious question... Far too often, in this wonderful game, I am sent back to completed fields, to do other quests in... Why?
The reason I ask is By the time I complete an area, I am so over it, I am desperate to go anywhere else for a while(like a year or so). Could be my ADHD... But, is there a way to get around the monotony? Maybe, an SBA type field, where it's a field near the already completed field? Or, a field with an outer space theme, Martians, "Lost in Space", or even "Star Trek", themes?
Thank you so much for your time and consideration, Fishy
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2021 at 2:01 PM
Evan Hatch
Is it possible to sell your eggs of pets that you don't want to hatch. I got so many eggs that I already have the pet in my inventory
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 18th 2021 at 2:51 PM
mshellgirl1969
I wonder the same thing Bobbi? Why is the option missing on those two events?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 1:48 AM
Russel Denton
i have a few idea's/suggestions

1- ok so for the Spring event, we do that Bee quest where in the end we pick a bee, and keep it, but for some of the veteran players, they most likely have gotten all 3 already and have exchanged the doubles there after , so i reckon we need 3 more types of bee to be added to that questline..below is 2 species of bee i thought of ( a 3rd will be chosen of course)

-Blue-banded Bee Amegilla cingulata
-Green Carpenter Bee Xylocopa ( Lestis)aeratus

2- as it's been raised already , there needs to be a use for players to use excess seeds on when they have done their entries for the comp, so i reckon the following idea's would be bets suited...

- add another questline next year, where we have to spend seeds on reviving a extinct plant found in Bushwhackia and we get to keep it to put on our ranch, and of course we would have 3 choices too, like the bee quest, but the quest would be like the xmas tree questline where we spend tokens on decorations etc to complete the tree.

- after event ends any seeds left over gets converted to either BB ( every 10 seeds equal 10 bb or something like that

3- seeing how we got hedges now for the spring event can we next year rotate the hedges on angles and such, and also add next year curved hedges too please

happy to hear folks thoughts

from Russel Denton A.K.A WildlifeGuru007/Ghostrider007
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:39 AM
Bushmasta
Hi there!

I have some suggestions as well. ;)

1. Can we get teleporter on our farm as well, please?
It could be one of the more convenient places to have it. To speed up the route (pick up quests in town) -> (farm) -> (quest hub)

2. Pets search...

3. Maybe something new to do in town finally? Some new citizen or something?
Like, for example, Machinist that would give quests to build things. maybe pets/mounts/boosters etc. First You help him/her set up a shop, than You actually build mechanical mount(s) and pet(s) on some kind of daily quests chain. And once You build all of them, You can continue questing for boosts.

That's all for now :)
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 7:16 AM
Bobbi Brown
OK, a couple more things about the event. If I want to take a sneak peak at a buddy's garden, it is so hard to find them on the list. I have asked for arrows (minimally) to make scrolling easier, but a search bar would be even better, to see them by name.
Also, keeping track of growing plants is cumbersome. A countdown for spring garden, like the one for regular crops, on the play screen, would be most helpful.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 9:13 AM
WhackedCrafter
I like Bobbi's idea, about the MANY seeds. I have been using them to purchase the fertilizer everyday, which has helped me with my last Ranch crop (passion fruit) FINALLY get to level 10, which was the last crop needed to get the achievement. It would be nice to be able to use the seeds to purchase permanent ranch items.

I LOVE Russell's idea to be able to rotate the hedges on the diagonal, which also be great to have on the other hedges in our inventory, along with the walls.

I have a question that has bugged me for years. Why don't our Ranch's garden items have the ability to line up centered with the Ranch's front door entrance? When placed they will only go slightly off to the left or right, but never true center.

@Bushmasta... you can transport quickly to your Ranch, it is in the "Blue Swirl" icon at the bottom of your screen next to your inventory bag. When you click on that it will bring up the icon to go to your Island (if you have one) on-top, then your Golf Course, Amicus Island, Commons, and then the Ranch. But if you're meaning a regular blue transport to be able to go to other transports, that would be nice.
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 9:19 AM
linkisthehero
@Bobbi Brown: You can turn in 500 seeds to get 10 fertilizer! Talk to Joel (he's the bearded dude with the green hat and beehive IIRC) in the event area, click "$ Let's see what you have", and there should be an option for that exchange in the store! While this is my first time with this event, I do think more opportunities/ways to exchange extra seeds would be neat. Quite enjoying this event so far, though! Loving decorating the garden area!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 11:43 AM
Bobbi Brown
@link... thanks, been doing that, also the bouquets for friends... still have 1000s of seeds
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

This event has always been my favourite. The only thing is, after less than 3 days, I have grown enough plants to satisfy the critic and haven't anything to spend the thousands of spare seeds I have accumulated so far (many more thousands to come). In every other event, one can turn in event items for tokens to buy satchels. That option is missing from this event (and Hallowe'en) and I have to wonder why.

Each event offers Quester's Satchels in the event store, as you mentioned, including the Spring Garden and Halloween events. In all of them, they cost the event tokens, not the event turn-in items. You must first convert the turn-in items into tokens before you can spend them in the store.

Typically this is done via turn-in stations, but for Spring, the turn-in items are Seeds, and you must grow them into crops to get Spring Tokens. Even if you have all the plant decorations you want, this is still how you turn Seeds into Spring Tokens. If you have a surplus, you can spend your Seeds on Fertilizer, to accelerate the process.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FishyIsUnique wrote:

Wow, Bobbi... Lucky you, to have so many extra seeds. Devs, I would like to request that players with too many seeds, be required to pass them on to ME!!!! lol, kidding (kinda).
All joking aside, I would like to ask a serious question... Far too often, in this wonderful game, I am sent back to completed fields, to do other quests in... Why?
The reason I ask is By the time I complete an area, I am so over it, I am desperate to go anywhere else for a while(like a year or so). Could be my ADHD... But, is there a way to get around the monotony? Maybe, an SBA type field, where it's a field near the already completed field? Or, a field with an outer space theme, Martians, "Lost in Space", or even "Star Trek", themes?
Thank you so much for your time and consideration, Fishy

Hi Fishy, is there any quest in particular you can refer me to where this happens? It's common in things like Nate Adventures and Kaine Mysteries for us to have you collect quest items in a field you've already solved the puzzle for. We do that to mix up the objective between solving field puzzles and quest items, and has simply persisted since we started doing those adventures.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Evan Hatch wrote:

Is it possible to sell your eggs of pets that you don't want to hatch. I got so many eggs that I already have the pet in my inventory

At this time, all you can do is raise those extra pet eggs and release them for DNA. I'm considering adding other things you can do with the eggs for the aforementioned Zoo update.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:13 PM
Flybaby
Apologies if this has already been asked ....
Is there any chance of making the 2 Flower Boxes rotatable?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

i have a few idea's/suggestions

1- ok so for the Spring event, we do that Bee quest where in the end we pick a bee, and keep it, but for some of the veteran players, they most likely have gotten all 3 already and have exchanged the doubles there after , so i reckon we need 3 more types of bee to be added to that questline..below is 2 species of bee i thought of ( a 3rd will be chosen of course)

-Blue-banded Bee Amegilla cingulata
-Green Carpenter Bee Xylocopa ( Lestis)aeratus

2- as it's been raised already , there needs to be a use for players to use excess seeds on when they have done their entries for the comp, so i reckon the following idea's would be bets suited...

- add another questline next year, where we have to spend seeds on reviving a extinct plant found in Bushwhackia and we get to keep it to put on our ranch, and of course we would have 3 choices too, like the bee quest, but the quest would be like the xmas tree questline where we spend tokens on decorations etc to complete the tree.

- after event ends any seeds left over gets converted to either BB ( every 10 seeds equal 10 bb or something like that

3- seeing how we got hedges now for the spring event can we next year rotate the hedges on angles and such, and also add next year curved hedges too please

happy to hear folks thoughts

from Russel Denton A.K.A WildlifeGuru007/Ghostrider007

1) Thanks for the bee suggestions! I'll note them down for Georgia to consider.

2) Thanks for the Spring Garden seeds suggestions! This is a very creative idea. Got me thinking of maybe a community quest where everyone invests their surplus seeds into a community Seed Bank, maybe to preserve plant species which can be awarded afterwards.

3) Angled and curved hedges are a neat idea! I'll note that down for Georgia to consider.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:26 PM
BarbZak
I would like to be able to rotate all those roses.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:27 PM
Bobbi Brown
Nick,
You are mistaken about how to get more tokens in this event. Your plants do not give you tokens to spend. I would be happier if that were the case. Your plants give you event progress. Once the final critic gives you an A+, you can not win more tokens by playing or planting more. Total tokens is a finite number. After 3 days of play, I have no incentive to collect stuff in the event. There is really no way to use all the seeds that I have/will collect.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 19th 2021 at 2:27 PM
Flybaby
+1 Barb