Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 25 - May 5th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

I know you've been really busy with the new content, and I really appreciate your hard work. But I'll toss these questions out just in case you find an extra few minutes. No pressure ... LOL

1) The Spring Garden Event is coming up soon. This year, would you consider awarding us "Spring Seeds" for the Old MacDonald's Quests that have a higher payout than in the past? Max level players have no use for them because we can plant other types of seeds that have much better payouts.

2) In addition to WhackedCrafters suggestion, could we have a search feature for our Ranch store? We have categories that help to narrow down our search, but a search feature like we have in our inventories would really help a lot.

3) We have had our Islands for 2 years, and I know it's been asked before, but just a gentle reminder ... is there any chance that you could fix the ability to change the skins?

4) In addition to WhackedCrafters comment about leveling up Mounts with BBs ... could you add a blurb to remind players "to make sure they've already fed their mount the feeds they want," (like you did for Mount Bucks level ups)?

Thanks for all you do!!

1) A fair point! I'll see what I can do to make the event seeds more relevant to high level players.

2) Absolutely. Adding a search bar to the ranch store and categories to the ranch inventory has been on my list for a while. Sorry I've been sitting on that for so long!

3) Thank you for the reminder. I do plan to do a bunch of long-time ranch improvements (including the missing Lake Island themes!), but have been prioritizing content lately, as that seems to be the bigger want in the community at the moment. (Understandably so!)

4) Sure! Should be easy enough to add that text in there.

Thanks Flybaby :)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:32 PM
Flybaby
@bobbi ... that explains it then ... you've been planting yours right along, where mine were being stored (as I had better seeds to plant).

You're right about the quests, and any quest at the Sanctuary. They seem to come in bunches, then we don't see them again for a long while.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
jelab wrote:

Nick, It's been asked for in the past about adding more trinket slots.

An alternative to that would be, how about letting us select the last two trinket slots for our use other than being frozen to ( energy regeneration and time between ticks)

Make them optional to the user .
Let us select what trinkets to use in those two slots as we choose to.

An interesting idea. I'll admit it would be nice to have more options when building trinket sets, but I'll have to review how that could affect the balance of the game/bonuses.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:38 PM
Flybaby
Thanks for your consideration Nick
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:40 PM
jelab
Not talking trinket sets.
talking about lasts two trinkets on far right side. only used for energy regeneration.
The two we have no control of. Static trinkets
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:42 PM
Flybaby
@ jelab .... That is a great idea. Those 2 Trinkets really don't help veteran players. Would be nice to be able to use them for other trinkets of our choosing
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:42 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ajv1 wrote:
Nick, I answered your question on April 28 after you had left the session. It was regarding mounts and pets that are lost, like Bunn Egg was.

ajv1 wrote:

Nick, answering your question from above:
MOUNTS - 1. You lose the Blonde Unisus to get a Dark Unisus skin.

2. Need to buy several Camels to have one with fez, one with slippers, one for cargo.
3. Michin Serpent- Have to have a new one each time for each different skin if you want to keep a skin. I am not sure if you can put a skin over a skin, cuz never tried it.

4. Tyranasaurus Rex - Need to buy 2 from store if you want one with skin and one without.

PETS - 1. Raccoon shows as one item but need to have 4 of them if you want to have all 4 outfits.
2. Panda Claw - I made the mistake of selling one in order to get DNA because then years later, we were able to change the color on them. They only show up as one item though.
3. Sloths were offered in different colors, but only show up as one item.
4. Culpeo, Viscacha, and Vicuna are lost when they are changed. Vicuna to Bony Vulture was the most dramatic change there.

I would like to see a way to toggle the skins and outfits "on" an "off" if that would be possible. Same with the color changes.

Thanks for listing those out! I agree that it would be nice to be able to toggle pet/mount skins on or off. I'll note that down to consider for a future update!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:43 PM
Last Edited May 5th 2021 at 2:44 PM
Flybaby
Just a suggestion... maybe when a player reaches a certain level, then we could have the option of using those 2 slots (on the right side)
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:48 PM
Bobbi Brown
energy regen is irrelevant to me
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:48 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
forgingaheart wrote:

Nick,
I agree with bobbi brown about the mutant seeds. i had finally used the last of them in an event and the next thing i know we can now level them up, I'm sure there are a lot of capped level players in the came boat. It would be nice to just have all those mutant seeds permanently in the store or where i can get a quest to reacquire them at the closest quest hubs.

also, i know i have mentioned this problem before, but got a font problem in this window, the font here in this typing place has a serif font that i find really difficult to read, like the "a" and the "s" look the same to me today. now i can read the font that it gets posted in better, but an extended version of that font would be even better.

Thanks for the feedback on the mutant seeds. I'll take it into consideration.

Regarding the font on the forum, I believe you should be able to change what font your browser uses in the settings. Maybe that will help?
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:49 PM
jelab
Agree Bobby
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

OK, so here is something that has been bugging me for years. In the Sanctuary Supplies for the Lab quest, we are asked to find beakers, but all I ever get are Erlenmeyer flasks

Do you mean the graphic for the quest item doesn't match it's name or the quest description?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
shnabby wrote:

hi Nick
the clocktower in the commons is one hour late :)

Gah! Curse daylight savings time!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
jelab wrote:

Not talking trinket sets.
talking about lasts two trinkets on far right side. only used for energy regeneration.
The two we have no control of. Static trinkets

Yes, I know what you mean. I was more referring to that you'd then have 10 slots to make various sets, or trinket combinations, out of, and it's those sets I have to consider when balancing the game.

Thanks for the feedback on that, folks!
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:57 PM
jelab
Would relay like to control to last two slots
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Hope to see you in the livestream this Friday at 3:30 PM Pacific on https://www.twitch.tv/cnegames! Ta ta for now!
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2021 at 2:02 PM
old neller
1029 Posts
Link to post - Posted Wednesday at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
old neller wrote:

could you at some point add a digging quest to the commons?

Interesting idea! The quarries don't unlock until quite far in the game. Is it that you like the quarry digging, and want to get some Quester's Satchels for doing more of it?
hey nick, to answer your question, i do like the digging quests and yes questers satchels would be nice as a bonus, thanks