Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 25 - May 5th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 9:14 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday May 5th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 12:13 PM
Bobbi Brown
So now that we can level up the mutant seeds, can we please get that quest more often? I have planted hundreds of them and need more!
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 1:53 PM
old neller
could you at some point add a digging quest to the commons?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 1:55 PM
Last Edited May 5th 2021 at 6:40 AM
WhackedCrafter
Well, 1st off, TY for the ability to level up our Mounts with Mount Bucks. Just found out we could do that now, the other day.

I know I have asked this before, but will ask again and maybe we can have a compromise.

No.1: About the cap of having our Mounts only to level 40. That might not have been an issue, in the past, when our Avatars weren't at level 440 & about to level up (hopefully) soon. The Mounts being at level 40 was acceptable with the ratio of our Avatars, but not anymore. I think the Mounts should be able to level up to 60 now and continue to be able to level up, at 3-5 times every time there's a new update for our Avatars. You say you like to keep the game in balance. Well wth the ratio of Mount:Avatar is completely out of balance.

No.2: Items for the Golf Course (my request for a year now). I, might, agree that allowing past inventory items to be able to be used on the Golf Course might be hard to do (even though the line code used to have inventory items available on the Island could be inserted for the Golf Course, with the exception of companions or mounts), but why can't future items be written in, as it is for the Ranch and Island?

No.3: We REALLY need a search option for our Customized items like we have in inventory. It might not be an issue with players playing just a couple of years, but for us that have been playing 5-9 years it is an issue. Do you have the slightest idea on how many items we have?

No.4: Can our Buddy List PLEASE be increased by 50 or 75? New players are joining everyday and it is becoming hard to keep deleting players that haven't played in days/weeks to add new players on, so they can enjoy the game better.

No.5: Are you still going to do the ability to switch out Runes in our swords without losing those Runes?

No.6: Have you given anymore thought on having the ability to be able to remove all our decorations on the Ranch and/or Island and/or Golf Course with a button or maybe change the useless Bulldozer, that is on AI to be purchased, to be like the Tractor, but have it be to remove our decorations?

Anyways, rant over. I do appreciate what has been done, recently and looking forward to the "tease" ending soon. Be Safe
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 2:27 PM
Last Edited May 4th 2021 at 4:31 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

I know you've been really busy with the new content, and I really appreciate your hard work. But I'll toss these questions out just in case you find an extra few minutes. No pressure ... LOL

1) The Spring Garden Event is coming up soon. This year, would you consider awarding us "Spring Seeds" for the Old MacDonald's Quests that have a higher payout than in the past? Max level players have no use for them because we can plant other types of seeds that have much better payouts.

2) In addition to WhackedCrafters suggestion, could we have a search feature for our Ranch store? We have categories that help to narrow down our search, but a search feature like we have in our inventories would really help a lot.

3) We have had our Islands for 2 years, and I know it's been asked before, but just a gentle reminder ... is there any chance that you could fix the ability to change the skins?

4) In addition to WhackedCrafters comment about leveling up Mounts with BBs ... could you add a blurb to remind players "to make sure they've already fed their mount the feeds they want," (like you did for Mount Bucks level ups)?

Thanks for all you do!!
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 4:49 PM
jelab
Nick, It's been asked for in the past about adding more trinket slots.

An alternative to that would be, how about letting us select the last two trinket slots for our use other than being frozen to ( energy regeneration and time between ticks)

Make them optional to the user .
Let us select what trinkets to use in those two slots as we choose to.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 4:59 PM
WhackedCrafter
Oh, Flybaby's suggestion with the Spring Seeds is an excellent idea!! As with the ability to search in the Ranch Store!

I agree with Flybaby about the ability to skin our Islands. I too have asked about that over the last 2 years. Yes, things have been crazy, and we understand why things are getting lost in the cracks, but really it shouldn't be that hard to put in the code line.

Ty for listening.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 5:16 PM
Flybaby
I also like WhackedCrafters suggestion about being able to swap our runes/swords. I would like to play with different swords, but I don't because I can't swap my runes onto another sword.
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 4th 2021 at 5:32 PM
ajv1
Nick, I answered your question on April 28 after you had left the session. It was regarding mounts and pets that are lost, like Bunn Egg was.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 10:50 AM
forgingaheart
Nick,
I agree with bobbi brown about the mutant seeds. i had finally used the last of them in an event and the next thing i know we can now level them up, I'm sure there are a lot of capped level players in the came boat. It would be nice to just have all those mutant seeds permanently in the store or where i can get a quest to reacquire them at the closest quest hubs.

also, i know i have mentioned this problem before, but got a font problem in this window, the font here in this typing place has a serif font that i find really difficult to read, like the "a" and the "s" look the same to me today. now i can read the font that it gets posted in better, but an extended version of that font would be even better.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 12:44 PM
Bobbi Brown
OK, so here is something that has been bugging me for years. In the Sanctuary Supplies for the Lab quest, we are asked to find beakers, but all I ever get are Erlenmeyer flasks
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:03 PM
shnabby
hi Nick
the clocktower in the commons is one hour late :)
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

So now that we can level up the mutant seeds, can we please get that quest more often? I have planted hundreds of them and need more!

Fair point! I'll note this down to consider for a future update. Maybe I'll include them in the Quester's Satchel rewards...
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
old neller wrote:

could you at some point add a digging quest to the commons?

Interesting idea! The quarries don't unlock until quite far in the game. Is it that you like the quarry digging, and want to get some Quester's Satchels for doing more of it?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:20 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

just weighing in on the "mutated" seeds. I find the quests come up often enough and strikes a good balance with the other crop seeds I plant. I've done enough Sanctuary quests to keep me going for a long while.

Also, Now that I'm researching the Super Blueberry seeds, I find those are coming up more frequently in quests satchels.

So, no problems on my end.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:24 PM
Last Edited May 5th 2021 at 2:26 PM
Bobbi Brown
@Fly. I ran out of mutant energy seeds quite a few days ago and have not had the quest in close to a week, if not longer. I don't find it balanced at all. Having levelled all my other long crops, the mutant seeds are the only ones left for me and I had been using them nightly long before they became experimental
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:24 PM
WhackedCrafter
I agree with Flybaby about the Super Blueberries. And now since we can have more than 23, that helps a lot. Since can level them up now I have my Super Blueberries at level 3 :)
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:26 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Well, 1st off, TY for the ability to level up our Mounts with Mount Bucks. Just found out we could do that now, the other day.

I know I have asked this before, but will ask again and maybe we can have a compromise.

No.1: About the cap of having our Mounts only to level 40. That might not have been an issue, in the past, when our Avatars weren't at level 440 & about to level up (hopefully) soon. The Mounts being at level 40 was acceptable with the ratio of our Avatars, but not anymore. I think the Mounts should be able to level up to 60 now and continue to be able to level up, at 3-5 times every time there's a new update for our Avatars. You say you like to keep the game in balance. Well wth the ratio of Mount:Avatar is completely out of balance.

No.2: Items for the Golf Course (my request for a year now). I, might, agree that allowing past inventory items to be able to be used on the Golf Course might be hard to do (even though the line code used to have inventory items available on the Island could be inserted for the Golf Course, with the exception of companions or mounts), but why can't future items be written in, as it is for the Ranch and Island?

No.3: We REALLY need a search option for our Customized items like we have in inventory. It might not be an issue with players playing just a couple of years, but for us that have been playing 5-9 years it is an issue. Do you have the slightest idea on how many items we have?

No.4: Can our Buddy List PLEASE be increased by 50 or 75? New players are joining everyday and it is becoming hard to keep deleting players that haven't played in days/weeks to add new players on, so they can enjoy the game better.

No.5: Are you still going to do the ability to switch out Runes in our swords without losing those Runes?

No.6: Have you given anymore thought on having the ability to be able to remove all our decorations on the Ranch and/or Island and/or Golf Course with a button or maybe change the useless Bulldozer, that is on AI to be purchased, to be like the Tractor, but have it be to remove our decorations?

Anyways, rant over. I do appreciate what has been done, recently and looking forward to the "tease" ending soon. Be Safe

1) I see what you're saying here. I have been toying with the idea of having pets and mounts able to go past level 40 in the future Zoo update. I'll consider your idea as well!

2) I try to flag any appropriate ranch items for the mini golf course as I add them to the game. These are typically outdoor things, and it's primarily wall items that don't make the cut. If you have strong feelings that a new ranch item should go on the mini golf course, please let me know via email or ticket.

3) There are near thousands of custom items to collect in total! This does warrant some additional options for sorting through them. I agree the name filter isn't terribly adequate. I'll note down to add a search bar to the various inventory dialogs.

4) I understand the desire to help out these new players, but adding every new player to your friends list when you already have 200 friends is outside of the intention of the buddy system. What it seems to boil down to is many of you want to be able to help any other player in the game as though they were a friend. I'll give this some consideration when I have time to do so.

5) I'd still like to add some sword/rune improvements, but I haven't had the chance while focusing on the content updates.

6) I really like the idea of adding a bulldozer ranch item to automatically store all your ranch items! It's still on the list.

Thanks for the feedback, ideas, and reminders!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2021 at 2:30 PM
WhackedCrafter
Ty Nick,much appreciate it. But on No. 6 with Bulldozer, not to use it as storage, like the T.A.R.D.I.S. but have it remove all the decorations in one swoop, instead of having to remove each thing one at a time.