Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
The dev is back! Science-Gro & this week's updates...
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 1:18 PM
Last Edited March 31st 2021 at 1:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hey Bush Whackers!

I'm back from my vacation (have been since Monday), and just wanted to say hi and talk about this weeks updates.

There is no forum q&a this week while I catch up, but both that and the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream will resume as per usual next week.

Notice a new premium pack today? It comes with some Plant Splicer updates! The Science-Gro premium item DOUBLES the yields of your crops while you have some, including the research contribution to crops at the Plant Splicer table! In addition to this are the following changes:
- Plant Splicer dialog now shows research time and grow time when you mouse over a crop’s icon.
- Can now research Super Blueberry, Mutated Berry, and Mutated Pepper crops at the plant splicer table.

Later this week, you can look forward to a revolutionary new change to the game tomorrow, and a little mini-event for this weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Whacking!
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 1:30 PM
phagras
Revolution! The bushes guillotine the whackers?

Welcome back, hope you had a good time off. I like the tweaks for the splicing station but the mouseover on level 10 has a research time of 23h 59m 59s.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 1:48 PM
Flybaby
Welcome back Nick,
Is The Science-Gro premium item reusable or a one time use?
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 2:20 PM
ahhmericanwoman
I had the same question regarding the Science Gro stuff. But it seems very interesting and is enticing. I can hardly wait to see all the revolutionary new changes tomorrow!
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 2:22 PM
ahhmericanwoman
Oh I forgot to ask my question: Are we still going to have an Easter event this year? I know the calendar has been kinda screwy. But I'm really looking forward to the egg hunt!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 3:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Good catch, phagras! I'll take a look at that when I can.

You get 50 Science-Gro per purchase, and up to 5 purchases. 1 Science-Gro is consumed when you harvest 1 crop. So one purchase will double 50 of your crop yields.

The Easter event will start next Friday, April 9th.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 4:04 PM
Saenz Family
Are we going to do another Bacon event tomorrow?
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 4:05 PM
Last Edited March 31st 2021 at 4:06 PM
IamGroot
I kinda wish there wasn't a mini-event this weekend. I celebrate Easter this weekend and will be very busy. I hope it's an easy event.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 5:00 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick.... Is it possible to give us the Easter Event this weekend and save the mini event for after? Please?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 5:12 PM
Russel Denton
@Flybaby, why not release both the Easter Event and Mini event this weekend, just for fun and a good ol' BAZINGA
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 5:49 PM
Peggy
I agree with Flybaby. It is Easter this weekend so why not have the Easter event
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 9:07 PM
Last Edited March 31st 2021 at 9:08 PM
Horsedancer1
I would like to be able to apply the Science-gro just to the crops I want it to go on. Is there any way to do that? I am working on leveling the Prickly Pear up at the splicing station, and don't want to use this great new feature on other crops. This looks like a fun new feature! Thanks!
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 31st 2021 at 9:09 PM
rotgold
Welcome back, Nick and thx for the new "stuff", will definitely check out. On behalf of the events: due to work and an overall tiredness I am battling through every event, there is never enough time, lol. But that is my chosing! I enjoy each and every mini or big event no matter when they start or get me by surprise (it still happens, yes). And I even wouldn't mind the mayhem idea by Russ :-). It is 6:06 am here on fools day and I start working in less than an hour. Happy Easter to you Nick and to the BW-Team and of course to my lovely fellow Bushwhackers. rotgold and helpthebushes (one person, two accs and a lot of whacking).
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2021 at 9:00 AM
Last Edited April 1st 2021 at 9:17 AM
ArmyMomOkc
Like Horsedancer I would prefer to be able to pick when I want to use Science-gro. I unintentionally used 16 this morning when I harvested my crops before I understood how this all works now. 🙁
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2021 at 11:01 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
This weekend would be a better time to run the Easter event, but it's just not ready yet, sorry!

The easiest way I could get the Science-Gro to work, was to have it automatically apply when you harvest a crop. So unfortunately you cannot choose not to use it. Instead, just prioritize the crops you want the most research out of until you run out of Science-Gro.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 1st 2021 at 11:02 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FYI, you'll see the Science-Gro icon on the crop mouse-over if it's going to be applied. If you've already planted it but don't want to use a Science-Gro on it, you could just avoid harvesting that crop (if you have room to harvest others).
216 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 2nd 2021 at 9:42 AM
Heather Collings
When will Easter event b ready?
Post by Heather Collings deleted April 2nd 2021 at 9:42 AM
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 2nd 2021 at 11:00 AM
Matthew Kliparchuk
9th heather
216 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 2nd 2021 at 11:07 AM
Heather Collings