Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 20 - March 10th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
MadManix:

Hi Nick,

Something that I've been wondering about for quite some time: are there any plans for a BW3?

Making BW3 has been a bit of a contentious subject in the community, mostly regarding people wanting to keep the progress they've made in BW2 all these years.

We don't have any plans for a BW3 at this moment. We've tossed around some ideas reimagining some of the gameplay and systems for potential new games, but nothing beyond that.

It's very costly and resource intensive to produce a new game, and it's never guaranteed to be a success. So it's not something we can do without full commitment.

I personally would love to do a sequel using a new modern technology like HTML5 so we can get it back on the web, but I don't have the resources to do so at the moment. It's enough work maintaining BW2 as it is!

Anyways, I may have over-explained with this reply, but maybe that will give you some insight.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:45 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
MadManix:

I could be mistaken, but wasn't there a zoo in BW1?

I'm not certain myself, but my vision for the BW2 zoo would include some systems to improve and specialize your pets, as well as display them, and to include some suggestions/requests from the community on what to do with extra eggs and whatnot.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter:

Ranch store items

It's still on my list to add a search bar to the ranch store, and categories to the ranch inventory.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:50 PM
WhackedCrafter
ok, cool... well back to my St. Paddy's Day Event Hidden Object Contest designing. TY for your time. Be safe
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Enjoy!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 4:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, and I hope those quietly reading this after the fact find it informative.

Hope to see you in the livestream this Friday at 3:30 PM Pacific on https://www.twitch.tv/cnegames! Ta ta for now!
38 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2021 at 6:19 AM
MadManix
I don't know if many people played BW1, but I'm quite sure there was a "zoo" in BW1 where you could see the monsters you had slain in their natural habitat. The access to the zoo was left of your house...
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2021 at 9:28 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Oh, I know the one now! It was a little pen where the Puzzle Monsters went to after you released them. Yeah, to the left of your house.

Won't quite be the same thing for BW2.