Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 20 - March 10th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2021 at 10:12 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday March 10th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 10-11 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2021 at 12:27 PM
Last Edited March 9th 2021 at 10:53 PM
Russel Denton
Hi Nick, just a few queries/questions/idea's

1- is the player council going to restart/resume or what ?

2- the coppers creatures event, part of doing it is getting a DNA as a reward, i reckon the DNA we get is based off of our level, so for max level players - get unique DNA, players in the 300 mark get the purple DNA, players around 200 get green DNA, and so forth......the reason i suggest this is because the last 2 coppers events i have gotten blue DNA which is easy to get now by trading up/down or releasing a pet from hubs and such .

3- can we have the ability to trade/get rid of excess pet eggs we don't need and get something in return of some sorts

4- a few players i have noticed have expressed concern about how you spend 60min on the twithc chat thing and only 30min on in-game chat, while i know you are busy and such with in-game stuff etc..so i have a possible solution, spend 45min on each

happy to hear folks thoughts
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 12:00 PM
SierraEpsilon
Hi Nick, I read the following in the release notes:

"Alchrafter Certificate now has a chance of upgrading a normal dust to a rare dust when disenchanting runes, instead of adding a rare dust. This is so you cannot make more dust than you had when disenchanting and crafting runes. Instead, you are able to make runes of higher quality more easily."

What are the odds a dust gets upgraded?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 1:08 PM
Last Edited March 10th 2021 at 1:08 PM
WhackedCrafter
What is the purpose of the Snow Fort Walls rotating? You can't stack them on top of each other, even if you rotate them, even if it says "Build yourself a fort with solid snow walls". Is this a glitch that needs to be fixed? Because they have never worked in the all the years they were released.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 1:48 PM
Last Edited March 10th 2021 at 4:23 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick.
In the low energy screen, we have to scroll all the way to the bottom to access our small and large energy packs. I know that we can press the shift/ctrl key to speed it up, but it's still a pain since we use these energy packs more often than anything else. Is there a way that you can have them show up at the top of the list for our convenience? Thanks for all you do!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton:

Hi Nick, just a few queries/questions/idea's

1- is the player council going to restart/resume or what ?

2- the coppers creatures event, part of doing it is getting a DNA as a reward, i reckon the DNA we get is based off of our level, so for max level players - get unique DNA, players in the 300 mark get the purple DNA, players around 200 get green DNA, and so forth......the reason i suggest this is because the last 2 coppers events i have gotten blue DNA which is easy to get now by trading up/down or releasing a pet from hubs and such .

3- can we have the ability to trade/get rid of excess pet eggs we don't need and get something in return of some sorts

4- a few players i have noticed have expressed concern about how you spend 60min on the twithc chat thing and only 30min on in-game chat, while i know you are busy and such with in-game stuff etc..so i have a possible solution, spend 45min on each

happy to hear folks thoughts

1) Great question! It has been a while. It has been difficult to manage the player council in addition to my other responsibilities. I'll re-evaluate and reach out later on.

2) Fair point about the DNA reward for the creature collector quest line. I'll take it into consideration for the next one. Thanks!

3) Trading/selling pet eggs has been suggested before, and it's something I hope to address in the potential "Zoo" idea I had discussed in prior years.

4) I had mentioned this in last Friday's chat: I've limited dev chats to 30 minutes to maximize development time, as many players have made it clear they want new content and fixes. Developer chats are much more flexible than the live stream, so I've elected to reduce dev chats to accommodate this. More production goes into the streams, and reducing that time would hamper their value.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
SierraEpsilon:

Hi Nick, I read the following in the release notes:

"Alchrafter Certificate now has a chance of upgrading a normal dust to a rare dust when disenchanting runes, instead of adding a rare dust. This is so you cannot make more dust than you had when disenchanting and crafting runes. Instead, you are able to make runes of higher quality more easily."

What are the odds a dust gets upgraded?

The rare dust odds are a bit complicated to explain, but an simple way to explain the Alchrafter Certificate effect is that it gives you an additional chance for a normal dust to upgrade into a rare dust when disenchanting.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter:

What is the purpose of the Snow Fort Walls rotating? You can't stack them on top of each other, even if you rotate them, even if it says "Build yourself a fort with solid snow walls". Is this a glitch that needs to be fixed? Because they have never worked in the all the years they were released.

That ranch item was added before I took over the game, but I imagine because it has the dip and isn't just a straight flat wall, that it's just intended to be a wall of the fort and not stacked.

That being said, it might be interesting to add just a square snow "Brick" that you can stack and build forts out of!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:23 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby:

Hi Nick.
In the low energy screen, we have to scroll all the way to the bottom to access our small and large energy packs. I know that we can press the shift/ctrl key to speed it up, but it's still a pain since we use these energy packs more often than anything else. Is there a way that you can have them show up at the top of the list for our convenience? Thanks for all you do!

I can see how that would be annoying. I could potentially sort that list in reverse... Could you tell me why you're holding on to the other energy items instead of using them?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:26 PM
Last Edited March 10th 2021 at 3:26 PM
WhackedCrafter
Oh.. so maybe the 1st guy didn't finish the vision, because with the notch in it is misrepresenting. A solid snow "Brick" stackable would be great!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I'll add it to the list, WhackedCrafter :)
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:27 PM
WhackedCrafter
Speaking of "sorting" is the possibility of sorting the store items on the "to do lust"?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:28 PM
WhackedCrafter
TY!!!
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:29 PM
Vegan1964
The zoo idea sounds great! Would this be another island or something in the commons?

Would it be possible to have a giant aquarium that I could build? Maybe put in the zoo? It seems odd to put my fish and other aquatic critters inside a fence. It would be great if there could be wall and floor pieces so I could expand it to fit more fish.

I like having places where I can exhibit my pets, trinkets, mounts and other collections. It's more fun to have them out than just kept in storage.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter:

Speaking of "sorting" is the possibility of sorting the store items on the "to do lust"?

Do you mean the ranch store items? Or a different store?
38 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:37 PM
MadManix
Hi Nick,

Something that I've been wondering about for quite some time: are there any plans for a BW3?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:38 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964:

The zoo idea sounds great! Would this be another island or something in the commons?

Would it be possible to have a giant aquarium that I could build? Maybe put in the zoo? It seems odd to put my fish and other aquatic critters inside a fence. It would be great if there could be wall and floor pieces so I could expand it to fit more fish.

I like having places where I can exhibit my pets, trinkets, mounts and other collections. It's more fun to have them out than just kept in storage.

My vision is for it to be on another island, and you would work together to clear/settle it together before being able to claim a portion to start your own Zoo.

An aquarium for your water critters is a brilliant idea! I was imagining a "meadows" area where you can let them roam more freely, and having an aquarium version of that would be fun!
38 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:39 PM
MadManix
I could be mistaken, but wasn't there a zoo in BW1?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2021 at 3:43 PM
WhackedCrafter
Ranch store items